• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Choose a mayor name... again.

name

• Zinnia!

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • Citrus!

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • I have a suggestion for another name!

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Sanrio

night in the woods
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I bought another game, and right now I'm stuck between the name Citrus and Zinnia.
Which one do you prefer?

I have no idea what the town themes will be, but one idea is colorful and flowers (definitely a bunch of tulips!!) and the town will give off a "cheerful and fun early summer/late spring" vibe.

Zinnia matches the whole "flower" thing.

Citrus sounds like a fun and excited character. It sounds like a happy and fun name, like one for a (next) peppy villager. It also goes well because Tangy might be one of my villagers.

I'll choose the town name and theme based on the name for the mayor.

Zinnia because i can only think of ORAS when i hear it!
latest

Well depending on which gender you're going with, I think Citrus sounds more like a name for a boy to me. It also gives off more modern vibes, which I think would be great for a modern town but just not with the theme that you're going for. I think Zinnia sounds lovely, and reminds me a lot of Zinnia from ORAS. Zinnia also sounds like a quite cheerful and fun name imo. Out of both of the names I like Zinnia the best but it's up to you. :)

Oh wait, I just saw that you can suggest another name, well how about Mei? or Lotus? or Sage? it really depends tbh. I feel like a flower related name or nature related would work well.

Last edited:
Zinnia just sounds really nice. :) I like how it starts with a Z, because there aren't lots that do. (I also like your signature. xD)

Go with Citrus! <3

This is actually really funny to me because I plan for the mayor of my new town to be a fabulous crossdresser named Lemon so... another hesperidium. :p;

Personal bias aside, Zinnia is a lovely name. I love the sound of it and the flowering plant as well.

I think i'll stop the poll on Monday or late night tomorrow cause they're only two votes off

I honestly like both of them a lot but personally love Citrus because you could play into having lots of oranges and lemons in your town to decorate maybe?

Zinnia would definitely be my pick! I've seen Citrus used as a town name a few times so I guess I associate those two together now haha, Zinnia is a cute name though and it would go great with your theme :)

I think you should go with Citrus! It's a really cute name, and sounds like a girl's name or a boy's name, while Zinnia sounds like a name that would be traditionally considered to be more feminine. Go with your instincts, though!

I would go with Zinnia! It sounds super peppy and bright. X)

I prefer Zinnia to Citrus. Citrus just... doesn't sound like a name to me? Like, idk I can understand it, but it just seems a little bit odd to me. Zinnia on the other hand, does sound like a name and I can get behind that.

Back