• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I feel bad for Isabelle a little

I know right? Your mayor has all the fun going to island, catching bugs, having fun with friends, etc. Meanwhile Isabelle is doing everything and works like a dog! (Well okay she is a dog but still.)

You mean, the Mayor is going to the island, working his @$$ off to pay for the PWP's, that all the leeching villagers, AND Isabelle - enjoy. :-/

Yeah, I feel bad for all of the NPCs that don't have replacements so that they can have a break. (So basically everyone I guess. :)) However, it is just a game after all so it's not something that I'm too upset about. While I do think it would be great for some other NPCs to have replacements like the post office workers, I would want them to actually have something worthwhile about them. Like their own unique things to work on. I wouldn't want Nintendo to make more characters that are essentially useless just for other, more important, characters to get a break. That's just my two cents.

If you have Isabelle & Digby's amiibo figurines you can give them a break by getting them into the RV campsite. Isabelle then wears specs instead of (apparently) contact lenses. She does talk about having a break. Digby too, but can't remember the exact dialog.
I'm careful when I do this, (late at night, so they don't get much of a break from me), as it can be really inconvenient to lose either Town Hall functions or the HHA plaza.

I feel bad for Sable... To this day I walk in and talk to her. The only break she ever gets is at night when she catches up on her hedgehog soap operas. Everywhere else she just slays over the sewing table and just... zones out. At least her sisters get to walk around.

Brewster makes me kinda sad, too. But he's got an unhealthy obsession with coffee so I guess he's chill. I've unlocked everything but still come in every day to treat my characters with a cup, and sometimes I'll help.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you have Isabelle & Digby's amiibo figurines you can give them a break by getting them into the RV campsite. Isabelle then wears specs instead of (apparently) contact lenses. She does talk about having a break. Digby too, but can't remember the exact dialog.
I'm careful when I do this, (late at night, so they don't get much of a break from me), as it can be really inconvenient to lose either Town Hall functions or the HHA plaza.
I can't afford the amiibo cards so unfortunately they won't be getting a break from me.

I feel more for Sable, Gulliver and Pete. One has to sew clothes for pittance (albeit by choice), one spends his days getting thrown overboard again and again by storms, and the other has to walk around the entire town twice a day with a heavy load on his back. So I'm thinking Pete possibly has it worst out of all the special characters? I mean, imagine being a postman through rain, snow, sleet, storms and everything in between. Theoretically he even risks his life flying through lightning, all just to deliver our mail which we promptly dispose of after reading. :p

Oh, so do I!
I'd love to be able to take to her with the Toy Hammer IN Town Hall.. rather than luring her outside.

i also wish that she could have breaks and walk around the town where you could have conversations with her. i think she would be seen as a less annoying character, i'd like to see her as more of a friend than a helper

Last edited:
I never thought of this, but know I feel kind of sad that she has to work 24/7.

Back