• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of snakes?

AFRAID OF SNEKS?

• Yes, I hate them!

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • No, I love them!

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • I don't mind them/they ok

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
I'd get a pet one but they food the eat is horrible

Yeah, I'm deathly afraid of insects and the thought of feeding a snake frozen mice is kind of horrifying. I was at the pet store a while back and someone next to me in line was holding a bag of crickets. I was uneasy that entire time lmao

I do think snakes are very awesome, though.

Yeah, I'm deathly afraid of insects and the thought of feeding a snake frozen mice is kind of horrifying. I was at the pet store a while back and someone next to me in line was holding a bag of crickets. I was uneasy that entire time lmao

I do think snakes are very awesome, though.

A lot of people feed live mice and rats to their snakes, even bunnies, which I find way more unsettling than feeding my snake a frozen mouse who was killed in a humane way.

Also funny story, at my post office I went to pick up some packages and someone had ordered some feeder crickets and the bag they get sent in popped in the box and they all got out so when they were handing the box over there was two crickets on my box and when I got home there was literally three crickets inside my box. XD Can't imagine how many crickets they have in the post office now from that. XD

I love snakes, but I find them hard to read in terms of body language, so I tend to not handle my sister's snake.

No I think they're pretty awesome, I've only seen/touched one irl like twice though.

If they are anywhere in a 100 mile radius, GET THEM AWAY!!!

No, I say I'm not afraid of snakes but that's only because the only times I've been around them is when there's a professional reptile man holding it while I touch them and their mouth is taped shut.

I think my mom has that phobia though. She will never touch a snake or even get near someone (a professional) holding a snake for her to touch.

i saw an adder (the only real dangerous kind here in the uk) on my walk home from school once, through the woods in an alleyway between my road and the heathland. it was just sat there, chilling. i took several photos of it and had a prod with a very long stick, to which it slipped away under a fence.

s/he seemed nice tho.

i love snakes and i would honestly get a pet snake if they didnt eat mice... i just cant stand the thought of feeding it small little living mice cries whenever my cat brings home a mouse i always try to rescue it if its not badly injured ;;

They don't bother me. As long as they don't hurt me, we cool. I also love the feel of them.

Yes, in a way.

But I'm not afraid of them in magazines/pictures or on TV... unlike someone I know.

Last edited:
No way! I love snakes, especially ball pythons :) And it's always fun seeing wild ones too (just be sure not to get close!), snakes are just adorable little critters

Back