• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of snakes?

AFRAID OF SNEKS?

• Yes, I hate them!

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • No, I love them!

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • I don't mind them/they ok

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
I love snakes. I have a MBK and I'm getting a corn snake pretty soon. They little noodles.

But yeah. I read that two of the most common animal phobias are of spiders and snakes. I absolutely adore snakes, but loathe spooders. So, do you have Ophidiophobia (fear of snakes)?

EDIT: I have added the poll.

Last edited:
I mean if I see one in a zoo or as someone's pet I'm not bothered but if I ever saw one in the wild I'd **** bricks, so you decide whether or not that counts as a phobia.

This really depends. I've seen a couple of snakes in the wild and they didn't bother me too much for as long as you stay away from them and don't mess around, and I know a couple of people who've had snakes (including my relatives).

It does depend on size though. If they're the smaller ones (like the ones I've seen outside or my relatives'), they don't bother me so much, but if they're those huge ones, I'll probably pee myself or something.
There was a case of a huge snake going rampant in this parking lot we were in and everyone was petrified because it was ginormous, and that's probably the only time I've been scared of a snake, so.. yeah.

Nah. You can easily stay away from wild snakes and pet snakes are cute. My cousin used to have a corn snake and let me feed it frozen mice.

I'm not really sure....I mean, if I don't know it's venomous or not then probably, yes....however if I know it isn't then no, of course not!

I don't really mind them I guess? I think they're pretty cute to look at (I <3 snakes with arms/hats!!) and I've seen a couple near where I live but they were harmless so they didn't bother me. Venomous ones would freak me out tho :/

As long as they aren't wild snakes, I'm cool with them. But I would never consider getting one as a pet.

I don'tlove them but I don't hate them either, I'm not sure if I would ever have one as a pet because I doubt I could care for it properly. That being said, I had a arizona king snake for a week or two (before my mom figured out I had it) as a kid.

Snakes are cute until they suddenly disappear out of sight and go inside your pants

I can tolerate snakes in zoos or as someone else's pet alright (note that I wouldn't personally own one though lol).

A snake was the first pet I wanted when I was younger. I remember my dad took me to the pet store, they showed me the frozen pinkies and then let me hold the snake. I really thought I was going to get one until my Lola (grandma) said she would never visit cause of the snake.

The only snake I'm worried about are rattlesnakes. Since it's hot out, I'm more paranoid of them.

Snakes are cute! I'm not sure about having one as a pet though. The idea of handling one kind of scares me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say i'm afraid of them because their movement seems pretty slow, so I could easily get away from them if I felt afraid or something, but they do make my skin crawl a bit. I don't think i'd like to have one on me, or next to me tbh. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I don't think they're cute because I do!! just the thought of the texture or feel of one on me is enough to make me cringe though. So overall, I don't mind them and I think that they're okay. :)

Last edited:
not at all. i used to have a ball python as a pet many years ago before my sister was born, and i hope one day to get another one.

Reptiles are great! They are very underrated. I have turtles and a tortoise. :) Fantastic little guys.

Back