• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of snakes?

AFRAID OF SNEKS?

• Yes, I hate them!

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • No, I love them!

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • I don't mind them/they ok

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
nah they dont bother me, i love seeing black racers in the yard or the occasional green snake. i had a roommate once who owned a ball python i think it was, that snake was always escaping and terrifying our neighbors it was kinda funny.

Terrified of them, hate them all, burn them with fire!

Fully kidding, I mean, I am a snake mom. I love all snakes, they're very important to the environment and I don't really fear any of them. Sure I am cautious around ones I know are venomous but I'm not scared of them. I love Bowie of course as he's my child and he is the #1 snake a girl could ever ask for, total angel and everyone loves him.

I like snakes. Their scales feel nice and they can turn into a make-shift scarf! As long as they don't squeeze your neck, hehehe. I'd like to have an Albino Burmese Python one day, but they seem pretty expensive to maintain, because of their dietary requirements.

Last edited:
I guess not? Idk only ever seen and touched those at zoos, so. I mean i wouldn't want to meet those real dangerous in the wild. Would be cool to have a pet someday though.

I like snakes but living in Australia we're taught to avoid them at all costs, there are lots of them and I've seen many when walking through the bush, luckily none I've ever encountered were hostile. Most of the time they just mind their own business if they're not disturbed.

I like ones that are domesticated and if I can see other people holding them safely, but if I see a snake in the wild? I'm running for the hills no ma'am

Honestly, I don't feel strongly either way. If I saw one, I probably wouldn't be scared. I think they tend to run away from humans anyway. I saw a boa constrictor when I was in elementary school and my only thought when I touched it was, "Wow, it's not slimy or wet."

I don't mind them. I like to look at them in the zoo, because I think they are neat. But if I ever came across one in the wild I'd probably be a little freaked out depending on the circumstances.

I love all reptilians!

I think they're really cute! I can see why someone could be afraid of them, but they don't personally bother me.

I guess I don't mind them. I've had snakes draped over my shoulders before at reptile zoos, but that's in a controlled setting. Encountering them in the wild, which I never have thankfully, is a very different story - I would be petrified.

i like them :D

if i just like, see one out in nature i'm not gonna approach it though because i can't tell them apart based on appearance so idk which ones are venomous/will attack if threatened. so like i'm reasonably scared of them but i do like them

Back