• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Birthday Wish - Do they ever SHUT UP?

Yes! My villagers keep bugging me about it too. It is so annoying. It doesn't seem to matter whether I say it came true or not.

I never really get asked very often about the birthday wishes. I mean,yeah, it comes up every once in a while but it was never really constant. Although the birthday wish mechanic is nice and cute, it tends to be annoying it seems when villagers constantly ask you about it :/

That was Phoebe for me!! Just a few days ago!!
That's why I'm thinking that there is something to the timing when they ask - intervals. I don't get the birthday wish thing every day but sometimes it is more frequent with others lol

I can't believe Freya just moved in and asked about the birthday wish!

Was the first thing she said to me. :(

Now I have to get rid of all of them, or delete my town. I can't handle hearing the same thing, day in, day out.
They're like Stepford Wives.

Mindless.

I just loaded the game again, and talked to Freya. She said it again.

It's like a constant slap in the face from Nintendo.

They really hate us. :-/

I just loaded the game again, and talked to Freya. She said it again.

It's like a constant slap in the face from Nintendo.

They really hate us. :-/

Have you thought about just giving up on NL until the Switch AC comes out? Like, your villagers sound insanely annoying.

I'm not buying another console or another AC game. :-/

The next game will have villagers that are even MORE annoying.

If they got rid of the villagers, the game would be a pleasure to play.

I just loaded it again, to give the hybrids their nightly watering. I clicked on Freya, she asked about the birthday wish a THIRD time!
She only unpacked yesterday!

I turned it off without saving and am going to think hard about deleting it, and throwing the game in tonights garbage.

I just loaded it again, to give the hybrids their nightly watering. I clicked on Freya, she asked about the birthday wish a THIRD time!
She only unpacked yesterday!

I turned it off without saving and am going to think hard about deleting it, and throwing the game in tonights garbage.

That sounds so annoying, my dude :/ Have you tried screaming in your megaphone telling them to shut up about your birthday? :p I don't know what you can do to stop it. I never had that much bad luck with it!

I had this problem. Made a wish for a laptop before receiving my real life presents. I got a laptop that same day and the villagers would not be quiet about the wish.

Yeah, my villagers always talk about my birthday wish too. It's pretty annoying, but I mean over the years I've just started putting in whatever I generally always want instead of an actual birthday wish

They do bug me about it occasionally, but honestly they don't do it much. I wished for my favourite villager to move in and he did about 2 weeks later.
But it was in the WORST SPOT EVER (in front of a bridge, in my orchard and the bridge was vertical so you couldn't even see the bridge). So uh...be careful what you wish for

What if I TT'd to my next birthday, and select to keep my wish private. Will they stop? Or will they talk about my current one?

I've googled it, and it's a huge problem for a lot of people.

I read one person was pushed to the edge of insanity. O_O

I believe it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I missed my birthday and usually it doesn't bother me but I figured they might keep going on and on about my [old] birthday wish so I time traveled back specifically to change it ._.

What about the 'keep it private' option?
If I TT back or forward and select that, will my current wish vanish?

Also, will my grass grow back TT'g backwards? :D

I thought I was the only one with this problem... Birthday wishes are a cute idea, but the game goes completely overboard with it. I think they should have made it where the villagers only ask you once in a rare while just to see how it's coming along, and if you tell them you got what you wanted they'll stop asking about it for good.

My villagers always go on and on and on about my birthday wishes. I had two birthdays in my town - one for my mayor and one for a side character - and my villagers went on and on and on about the birthday wishes.

One funny thing though is because my side character wished for kittens, so for two years my all cat villagers would go on and on about how they needed to make the birthday wish of kittens come true :p

Why can't we kill the villagers! :(

Last edited:
My birthday is next month and they're still talking about my last year wish. Why don't they talk about my upcoming birthday???

I like that they ask me about it. I try to put a goal as my wish, so it's like they are checking up on me.

My birthday wish is "I hope you all crap yourselves" so, when asked about it, I just smile a little to myself.

my birthday was May 2nd and im asked pretty much every day if my wish had come true. it hurts because my wish was to get concert tickets for Modest Mouse and i didnt so im constantly reminded of it :(

Back