Birthday Wish - Do they ever SHUT UP?

I should've said 'World Peace'. LOL
At least it would mean something. :D

Wait! What? How can they ask you anything if you never talk to them? (Gotcha, Jon! :p)

Last edited:
My idiot villagers constantly ask about my Birthday Wish, that I regret making.
I've read if you say it's come true, they stop bugging you.

They don't.

I am getting rid of all my villagers, the 7 amiibo's, and the 3 non amiibo's, so no villager ever shows me a letter I wrote, or bugs the crap out of me about a Birthday Wish.

Do they ever stop?
If so, I'm guessing it takes months. :-\

This is the reason I won't let anyone talk to my villagers. As I'd be hearing about them 'til the end of time. O_O

For the letter thing, there is an option with Isabelle that can make them stop showing you or other visitors your letters. It's in the "problematic citizen" option or something

For the letter thing, there is an option with Isabelle that can make them stop showing you or other visitors your letters. It's in the "problematic citizen" option or something

Oh, I'm going to check that out! ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait! What? How can they ask you anything if you never talk to them? (Gotcha, Jon! :p)

I wanted a Birthday Cake! :D

I should've said 'World Peace'. LOL
At least it would mean something. :D

Awwww you want to give the world a birthday cake for all of us to share. World Peace birthday!
That would be one giant cake!! Like the wedding cake at Gracie's!

How noble ;)

lol the same thing is with me and its really annoying cause I made the wish a LONG TIME AGO since I TT and skipped my birthday a bunch of times, but they STILL talk to me about it!

They hardly ever ask me about it. I'm surprised when they do. Showing me letters though it's constantly 5 times in a row. I gave up and told Isabelle the letters are bad so she got rid of them all and now I don't write villagers anymore.

Ughhhhh my villagers do the same and it's so frustrating??? I hate how they keep asking me about my birthday wish, even when they moved in months after my birthday! Word of mouth in ACNL is ridiculous I guess lol, it's like when villagers who just moved tell me how much cleaner the town is with the Beautiful Town ordinance even though I enacted that 2 years ago??? Silly villagers.

Is there a program for the villagers to talk about birthday wishes on a certain date in June?

In my main town the mayors birthday is right after New Years. - January.

No one asked me in awhile and then all of the sudden two days ago Phoebe asked about my wish - keep in mind she just moved in two weeks ago and hasn't been to my birthday party in 2 years from a town long deleted into the Void.

Do you think they ask on a certain day?

I've found that they don't, haha. Eventually there comes a point where they don't mention it as often but i'm not sure when that is. Honestly, I find it more endearing than annoying but that's just me. It's probably because they don't say much as it is in regards to things that actually seem like they have substance (aka more than just tips about the game.) Although they're programmed to say these things I find it sweet personally that they hope it comes true.

i took a (very long) hiatus so they're still talking about my birthday wish from april 2015, over two years ago. it gets unbelievably tiring lol

i took a (very long) hiatus so they're still talking about my birthday wish from april 2015, over two years ago. it gets unbelievably tiring lol

OMG. :(

I hate my villagers.

They still talk about my birthday wish which was 6 MONTHS ago. Don't they realise that by now I've probably gotten that birthday wish? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the villagers I have but just... wow.

I adopted Freya, and she hasn't talked to anyone. The first thing she asked was about the freaking birthday wish! o_O

She said she was glad to have played her part in it's success. O_O

It goes from bad to worse.. :-(

They will never stop bugging me.
New villagers automatically know everything about you.

Next she'll be showing me letters I never wrote.

Last edited:
I adopted Freya, and she hasn't talked to anyone. The first thing she asked was about the freaking birthday wish! o_O

She said she was glad to have played her part in it's success. O_O

It goes from bad to worse.. :-(

They will never stop bugging me.
New villagers automatically know everything about you.

Next she'll be showing me letters I never wrote.

That was Phoebe for me!! Just a few days ago!!
That's why I'm thinking that there is something to the timing when they ask - intervals. I don't get the birthday wish thing every day but sometimes it is more frequent with others lol

I can't believe Freya just moved in and asked about the birthday wish!

Back