• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Birthday Wish - Do they ever SHUT UP?

John Wick

𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒂 𝒀𝒂𝒈𝒂 🐾
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Swamp Potion
Kaleidoclover
Purple Bat Potion
Lucky
Purple Candy
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Green Candy
My idiot villagers constantly ask about my Birthday Wish, that I regret making.
I've read if you say it's come true, they stop bugging you.

They don't.

I am getting rid of all my villagers, the 7 amiibo's, and the 3 non amiibo's, so no villager ever shows me a letter I wrote, or bugs the crap out of me about a Birthday Wish.

Do they ever stop?
If so, I'm guessing it takes months. :-\

This is the reason I won't let anyone talk to my villagers. As I'd be hearing about them 'til the end of time. O_O

Mine ask me a few times a day about it, and my Birthday was in April.

I've answered 'It's come true', but they keep on asking.

I have stopped talking to my villagers completely.

Repeatative, boring, and demanding . :-/

It's never happened to me... Also when someone else comes and talks to them, they barely talk about visitors... Mostly they ask about me doing stuff for them :S

It's never happened to me... Also when someone else comes and talks to them, they barely talk about visitors... Mostly they ask about me doing stuff for them :S

I played Wild World for years, and they never stopped talking about visitors.
I deleted a town over it.

I'll get all fresh villagers, IF the other 6 amiibo's ever move, and I won't write, so they won't continually show me my own letters, every.. single.. day, and I will avoid them completely on my Birthday. ^_^

Ugh, my villagers are nonstop talking about my birthday wish.

Worst part is, I missed by 2017 (May) birthday so they're still talking about my 2016 birthday wish, which is completely irrelevant by now.

The dialogue is getting so repetitive, I hope they add hundreds of new stuff to say in the next AC. Talking to villagers is generally such a fun element of the game, but it's not so fun when they keep saying the same thing!

Last edited:

Worst part is, I missed by 2017 (May) birthday so they're still talking about my 2016 birthday wish, which is completely irrelevant by now.

The dialogue is getting so repetitive, I hope they add hundreds of new stuff to say in the next AC. Talking to villagers is generally such a fun element of the game, but it's not so fun when they keep saying the same thing!

LOL!

Very limited dialogue in NL. ^_^

Wow I've never had that happened before. They never ask me what my wish is, though I've never told them the wish so maybe that's it? And they don't really bug me with players coming to my town, luckily. The most I get out of them is just talknig about a letter sometimes, though it's been a while since I have time to chat to them.

Oh wow, that's terrible ._.
And I thought my one was bad; my birthday was 7 months ago in last November and even my amiibo villagers won't shut up about it even though they moved in after my birthday.

I don't think getting rid of your villagers will work, they'll just keep spreading it around as you do it :p unless you do it really fast of course haha.

I'll trap them in holes all day if I have to.
They won't be speaking to anyone. :D

I missed my birthday and usually it doesn't bother me but I figured they might keep going on and on about my [old] birthday wish so I time traveled back specifically to change it ._.

What was your birthday wish?

Mine?

I just typed in 'Birthday Cake', thinking that was the item they'd give me, but they gave me the sign board.

Now I know the Birthday Wish was just another thing Nintendo added to annoy the players, by having the villagers mention every day of your life.
:-|

Last edited:
Mine?

I just typed in 'Birthday Cake', thinking that was the item they'd give me, but they gave me the sign board.

Now I know the Birthday Wish was just another thing Nintendo added to annoy the players, by having the villagers mention every day of your life.
:-|

Oh my god. So they just asked if your wish of birthday cake came true?

If I'd known me typing in those two little words would haunt me every single day, I never would've loaded it up on my Birthday.
It's like a series of punishments from Nintendo.

They give you the Beautiful Town Ordinance, yet the time saved watering flowers, is spent digging out the endless flowers your villagers drop. o_O

Last edited:
I'm dead. I can't believe you typed that. I don't think I'm ever going to forget this.

What was your birthday wish?

Mine was "Pudgy never leaves! " but I typed it exactly like that with a space bar after leaves! by accident.. so every time they bring it up that little typo space in between annoyed me to no end. Pudgy is still with though, so my wish did come true for that year :'D

Mine was "Pudgy never leaves! " but I typed it exactly like that with a space bar after leaves! by accident.. so every time they bring it up that little typo space in between annoyed me to no end. Pudgy is still with though, so my wish did come true for that year :'D

Aw Pudge is cute. I like his face. He looks like he just got scolded at though.

That's why I tell them it's a secret.

course I made that mistake the first time...

Last edited:
Back