• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The tarantulas though.....

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Seriously, here I was just walking around Kingston and this giant spider comes skittering out from behind a tree. Then the thing stops and just looks at me. What is this game?!

And it's light in my town even though it's almost 10pm. I digress.

Is it the solstice in your town too? I thought that today would be perfect to try and catch one since I haven't before and because it was light out so I wouldn't be as scared, but I've been going around for about an hour and didn't find anything.

I tried hunting tonight as well and found myself not as scared due to the sunlight. I got bit by one before deciding to go on the hunt and unfortunately no more have appeared since. So, I might just have to try again later when it is dark and creepy even if I don't want to.

Last edited:
Ooo, it IS light out, isn't it? Excellent idea hunting tonight.
I'll be back with story and a bad case of the shakes.

We all have next month to look forward to.

Tarantulas AND Scorpions! :D

i legit scream when they attack me, who knew animal crossing could be so scary

Just ran into one five minutes ago. It really scared me, especially since it's so light out due to solstice!

Can I be honest? I love spiders... I read about them and all... And this is ONE THING I HATE from ACNL... 1st of all, tarantulas would NEVER bite you just like they do in-game. Actually all spiders are sort of cowards, they'd rather run and hide than sting you and fight. Second, tarantulas bites are NOT poisonous in any way. (majority of them, lol) They rather scare you by looking threatening and make you go (and they'd run away too) than fight.
IDK... as a fan of spiders (and I have like 15 in my backyard and I just go and stay 1/2 hour watching them and stalk them with my magnifying glass, they seriously are cowards.
So... I wish ACNL (and all Nintendo's IPs) would stop scaring EVERYONE with spiders who, honestly, 95% of them are benevolent, awesome and scared of you. (It's like bats!)

Can I be honest? I love spiders... I read about them and all... And this is ONE THING I HATE from ACNL... 1st of all, tarantulas would NEVER bite you just like they do in-game. Actually all spiders are sort of cowards, they'd rather run and hide than sting you and fight. Second, tarantulas bites are NOT poisonous in any way. (majority of them, lol) They rather scare you by looking threatening and make you go (and they'd run away too) than fight.
IDK... as a fan of spiders (and I have like 15 in my backyard and I just go and stay 1/2 hour watching them and stalk them with my magnifying glass, they seriously are cowards.
So... I wish ACNL (and all Nintendo's IPs) would stop scaring EVERYONE with spiders who, honestly, 95% of them are benevolent, awesome and scared of you. (It's like bats!)

It's a shame they do that though, I think its supose to be like a more difficult level to catch one for your musuem and bug list. Thanks for the info on trantulas though~! They sort of make it seem sharks are scary and stuff when you catch them as well, which is not true. Dangerous yes, but not to humans. We are a more threat to sharks then they are to us.

It's a shame they do that though, I think its supose to be like a more difficult level to catch one for your musuem and bug list. Thanks for the info on trantulas though~! They sort of make it seem sharks are scary and stuff when you catch them as well, which is not true. Dangerous yes, but not to humans. We are a more threat to sharks then they are to us.

Word to the wise tho, after all my speech, if ANYONE IN HERE SEE A TARANTULA IRL, just turn around and leave it be. Not because it will attack (or it won't) but because only experts arachnologists know how to handle them properly without setting them off! They are animals who defend themselves just as we would if we felt threatened by someone/something else, and really, none of us know their limits! How close or far away, how to approach them, how to touch them, etc. While most of the times all spiders will RUN, there's still a chance they can sting! (They do have fangs!)

Last edited:

I'm that way with Sharks.
LOVE them!

I would also like to hold a Mexican Redknee, or Chilean Rose Tarantula!

What if they're super intelligent species of tarantulas that just want to destroy mayors. It's the super villain in this somewhat peaceful game. Or maybe we're the super villain and the tarantulas are the good guys. ��

I like when they spawn, and I catch one. I always get mad when I miss it, and it stings me. If it just gets away, then I don't get as mad.

They never seem to attack me, and I always end up chasing them off. I never realized they did until I read this thread :0

I've been trying to hunt them for ages. I have found one, I think next to my fountain pwp. I wasn't ready though (no net) as I was doing non-bug things, and it ran away. :mad: I only need it and the scorpion to finish my bug collection but have had absolutely the worst time trying to get them!

Back