• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The tarantulas though.....

How did I run into 3 in a row with the BTO?

Every night, I see several.

I was walking around my town at like 1 am because I was super bored, and one came from behind a tree. I started to run away, and oh my, those things run fast. I decided to stop and let it bite me. xD

I haven't encountered one yet and I'm afraid I'm just going to be taken down by one in neck and turned into a spidey meal.

I hate that they can jump over things, like small ponds and ledges. I think I'm sneaking up on them from somewhere safe and then RAWWWRRR!!!! Tatantula to the face! *shudders*

I think one of the first times I found one, it saw me and I legged it. I didn't stop, I ruined flowers, ruined my grass possibly. I still ran and for almost 50 seconds it didnt stop, then it sort of did, I went back, slowly went near it and caught it. For ruining my flowers and my grass, I think it was worth it to catch that thing after running after me.

I don't mind tarantulas. They're easy to catch once you get the hang of it. Thanks to City Folk, I got tarantula hunting down. :)

I was wandering around in my City Folk town and spotted one literally RIGHT next to my house. I stared at it in horror until it skittered away and drowned itself in the river.

As long as I have been playing this game...I have only ever had one spawn. I've never had a scorpion spawn. :( I guess I'm just not lucky or not playing at the right times.

I was wandering around in my City Folk town and spotted one literally RIGHT next to my house. I stared at it in horror until it skittered away and drowned itself in the river.

LOL I relate. I saw my first one in City Folk scattering around the fountain when I was going to summon Serina. I literally unequipped my axe and ran to my house to respawn the town, but I was still scared so I turned off my game and waiting until the next morning. BUT I saw another one time and I finally mustered up the courage to catch it since I was missing the tarantula and scorpion from my encyclopedia and I wanted the golden net.

Back