• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My new town's theme is fairy tale. Now check this out

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
This map

WVW69kaXab8QRhoEQJ (1).jpg

Look at that river. Looks like a shoe doesn't it? There are references to shoes in a number of fairy tales. I can only think of Cinderella off the top of my head but I'm sure there are more. This was worth resetting for. Would have been even better if my town fruit was apples but eh, the game is only going to give you so much.

Or that nursery rhyme, the old woman who lived in a shoe. lol

That's a pretty cool visual on your map though. I like it a lot!

IMG_0711.JPG

The little old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many villagers she didn't know what to do!

------
Amazing unique map!!!! Congratulations!!!

----

If I were you I'd block off that area and never let the villagers live there - it could be a park - and then Cinderella or anyone else could have a private house there. :)

Or that nursery rhyme, the old woman who lived in a shoe. lol

That's a pretty cool visual on your map though. I like it a lot!

Thank you. I was about to pass this map by but my brain kicked in and was like "Shoe, that river looks like a shoe! Fairy tale! Shoe!" and I picked it lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like your map! Where are you going to put your house?

Oh man, I haven't really thought about that yet. Golly. Um, I'm probably going to put my house likely where my character icon is in the map above but probably just a tad bit more north so I can have room in front of my house to decorate.

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 201637

The little old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many villagers she didn't know what to do!

------
Amazing unique map!!!! Congratulations!!!

----

If I were you I'd block off that area and never let the villagers live there - it could be a park - and then Cinderella or anyone else could have a private house there. :)

Thank you. Yeah, it took me about an hour to find this map. and I love it. I don't think I'm going to be resetting any time soon. Yeah, my house is going to be the only house there. Villagers not allowed. i like that idea of a park. My house will be the private house there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You could actually LIVE in the shoe part! :D

LOL yeah, I'm going to put my house in that area. Villagers won't be able to live there

Last edited:
Oh man, I haven't really thought about that yet. Golly. Um, I'm probably going to put my house likely where my character icon is in the map above but probably just a tad bit more north so I can have room in front of my house to decorate.

That does look like a good spot! There's also a nice bit of space to the left of the ramp, where the cliff appears to be completely straight. There's also the top of the shoe. I guess what I mean is anywhere on the shoe looks really good! Congrats on choosing such a good map. I really hope your town grows to become awesome.

All you people have such cool maps! I didn't know I could reset for maps you like! Next town, next town...

Too cute! I'm glad you found a map you love!

Thank you. Yeah, I'm very happy with this map

- - - Post Merge - - -

All you people have such cool maps! I didn't know I could reset for maps you like! Next town, next town...

Yeah it could take a while for you to find a map you really like. I reset about 7 times before I found this map. and even after getting this map, I ran around town to make sure the immovable rocks were in places that were okay and I didn't feel like they'd get in the way, and they weren't so I went ahead and kept it.

Nice map. The game even has a giant boot pwp that you might want to have in your town. My daughter used two boot pwp's and put a "beware of giant " sign next to them. It's really cute.

Last edited:
Don't forget about the ruby shoes in the Wizard of Oz! Nice town map.

I'm happy for you and wish you much joy and creativity with your new fairy tale town, HappyTails! Yup, I'd appropriate that whole shoe/boot for the mayor! Looking forward to seeing screenshots from time to time!

This map makes me so happy. I love that you're going to live in the "shoe" part ah so so cute.

I love your map! I'm extremely jealous of people who's rivers run straight down since mine mostly cuts across my town, and I love how your bigger beach is the one with a downwards slope rather than sideways! All my maps were similar and I've never had one like yours. :(

What a cool coincidence! And what a nice town setup, congrats and good luck with your theming!

Aaah, that actually makes a lot of sense! I've always wanted to attempt a fairy tale themed town but i've never had the initiative to, since I had a friend who had a fairy tale themed town and I didn't feel like I could live up to the likes of his, haha. Good luck with the new town!

Last edited:
Back