• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So what amiibo figures supposed to be for?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
These things.

NVL_AJ_char13_1_R_ad.jpg

I see them at game stop all the time

I know there are cards and that is what people are using for this game but there are no villager figures. So what are the figures for?

They have RV's with items you can order.

You can also scan them in to play the mini games. Desert Island Escape, and Puzzle League.

As mentioned above, when scanned in-game, their RV appears and you can order themed furniture from it, but only 3 pieces at a time. Some amiibo figures have exclusive villagers that you can move in, like the Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda, and Splatoon amiibo figures.

You can use Tom Nook's figure in Yoshi's Wooly World and I think you can use a villager amiibo in Mario Kart 8.

Oh that is so cool! Oh I'm definiately going to buy a few of these next time I'm in Game stop.

You can scan them once a day, every day, and they will give you a random item, sometimes one of their own, and 5 Meow coupons. Can do this with the amiibo cards, too. Cool, huh?

They're also compatible with Switch games like Zelda Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart.

People sometimes moan about amiibo but I do appreciate how Nintendo adds functionality to various games. Once you have one, it'll be useful in more than one game.

Back