• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Death of a 3ds

Laureline

Afk at Random
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Blue Candy
Purple Candy
Famous Mushroom
Sakura Easter Egg
So today is a sad day, my purple 3ds has kicked the bucket. It started with the 3d feature not turning off unless I used the setting to keep it off. Didn't bother me cause I never used the feature.

But then my camera stopped working. Now that was a bummer, no more qr codes. No more taking screenshots of the silly things villagers say. A real shame.

And now my volume is not working. Now I could maybe get it repaired, but I neither have the money. Nor the real desire too. I have a new Nintendo 3ds xl, so not all is lost. But I was really attached to my first 3ds :( I've had it for more than two years.

Farwell 3ds your off to console heaven.

My original 3DS had that problem with not turning off the 3D too. It now needs a new battery and I don't know when I'll get around to that. At least I also have a New 3DS XL like you.

Whoa. My 3DS XL has been with me since 2013. Now I'm scared for mine to die. D: Sorry yours passed away! R.I.P. maybe you should pick up the new 2DS when it comes out?

I know the pain. My old black Nintendo 3DS kicked the bucket last year. It started with a broken hinge (I had a bad habit of opening the 3DS from the corner instead of from the middle, I do that now) and I dropped it a couple of times. After the hinge broke, the screen started glitching then finally, the circle pad stopped responding. And you can't play games on this system with a broken or unresponsive circle pad.

What a shame these 3ds consoles aren't immortal. Yeah I'm thinking of picking up a 2ds at some point.

Rip, even though it may not be much of a good thing to you since it means more money, atleast you can buy a new 2DS or an new 3DS xl. (if you have the money) Or an even better 3DS to replace it, that you might like even better than your last one. It's not all that bad, I have a 3DS I swapped out for an xl which I was very attached to, and the difference is amazing! and I don't regret it for a second.

Rip! I agree the new 2DS looks sweet!

It definitely does! The price is decent for it and honestly, who even uses the 3D? The fact that it closes instead of how it was in the original 2DS model is very attractive to me. I mean, I can't say it's amazing yet since it isn't out yet but it definitely looks promising to me.

I haven't broken my 2ds (yet), but I have broken multiple ds lites. All broken the same way, by me spilling liquid on it. First time I did it I was 5 and spilled kool aid on it. The second time I was 9 or 10 and I spilled powerade on it. If I broke my 2ds then I'd cry for days.

Last edited:
I feel like my 3DS is about to meet its end as well :( I'll have to find some way of buying/funding the new 3DS

I lost my original 3ds in 2013 due to my carelessness of thinking it was logical to clean it as I have a bad habit of sometimes not washing my hands after eating absolutely when I snack which has been too much. Anyway I thought it was a good idea to rinse it under tap water for a bit, put it in rice in a box when I realised within 10 minutes, I don't know where it is now though...Only my original DS has a significantly broken hinge yet it still works with colour changing top screen. :D

Last edited:
I've had my little purple 3DS since 2013 and I've notice that the battery life is not as long as it use to be but that's about it. I don't even want to think about it dying anytime soon :(

Oh God you guys...this makes me scared for mine lol. I still have my original 3DS XL (I got it in 2013). I'd say the only reason it hasn't broken yet is because I have a really good case on it.

My original 3DS died a while ago. I hadn't played it in years and when I tried to turn it on the blue 'on' light came on, but the screen wouldn't work no matter what. Turned out to be water damage (I don't know how) and was unfixable. But I bought a new console in a HHD pack :D

My 3ds is surely but slowly dying, i've had it since 2013 and it's never had issues besides a single scratch, a few weeks ago it got an error and began to shut off, everyday it gets more and more errors, and the newest error is game card has been removed, I'm sad that nintendo no longer fixes them and i'm stuck with a slowly dying 3DS and no money to randomly pick up a 200 dollar device after my car is already 600 dollars to fix, it's breaking at a bad time and it really does suck because its one of the only thing's ive found that genuinely helps with my anxiety, so I feel your pain of seeing your 3ds slowly self suicide in front of your poor eyes ):

I mean if it makes you feel better my original 3DS actually died because my cat got hopped up on the table and knocked my soup onto it ):

Back