• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I think I realize why I was so bored with this game and I made a tough decision

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I have 39 million bells. I didn't earn any of those. I bought those bells from someone. So I think me not earning any of that made the game boring so my tough decision is starting completely over from scratch. No buying items from anyone. Earn everything myself: the bells, the wetsuit, the bushes, the axes.

Part of the fun in this game is earning stuff yourself, am I right? I just wanted to share this with you guys because some of you said you hope I make a decision that will make me happy. I feel this decision is the best one for me. Yeah, I'm going to lose my catalog but hey, I'll actually have fun building it back up to be honest.

Good luck with your new town! It will be worth it.
The whole point of the game IS earning stuff.
I had a hacker give me 3 mil the first time I visited the island, but I've never spent it.
All my money's from sharks,bugs and fossils. I just completed my fossil wing btw

Last edited:
Congrats on your completed fossil wing. I'm looking forward to the day when I complete my entire museum. It's more rewarding when you earn your own stuff instead of getting it from other people who took the time to earn it.

Yeah, I'm actually feeling motivated to play again. It's a great feeling. :)

Make sure you LOVE your map!
Make sure you LOVE LOVE your map!

Do not settle for the best!

Reset until you LOVE the map!

Keep us posted on the Resetting thread.
I want to see your new map when you get it!

(Take your time. Love your map!)

I feel you! I felt this same way and finally ended up doing this too. I reset about a month ago I think now. While I still have bought some items from retail, I've earned mostly everything else on my own in this town. It's given me a lot of motivation to keep working on it and I've even decided to slow down on time traveling. It's kinda hard to get out of that mindset completely though.

Also, I 100% whole heartedly agree with HHoney. LOVE your map! Every single bit of it. The fruit, the town hall/train station colors, the waterfall placement, rock and pond amounts/placements, everything. It will make it so much easier starting from scratch if you don't immediately see 100 things you want to do to "fix" it! Good luck and I hope you find the right map and town that is right for you! I do agree. It is a lot more fun earning something on your own that you can be proud of! Like I grew a bunch of pink and orange lillies to line up on the beach, and I'm so happy with how they look and the fact that I grew them myself! It can be so much fun to play the game the "right way." Haha :)

I hope you enjoy your town and for you to bea lot more happier and less bored with the game. I never really had any help with any of my things except my golden tools that were for some reason given to me. But I'm happy to say I paid off all my house costs myself, no help at all, it was awesome.
I'll hope you enjoy the new experiences in your town~and good luck to you~

I've done 'black magic' to my town and I regret it. It has made the game feel way too fast. Not to mention I fear that something bad may happen if I try to play online. Sometimes I feel like I should reset my town, but then I'll lose all the good villagers I have and everything I have earned legitimately. Same thing with the GCN game. My goal in City Folk/Let's Go to the City is to not use 'black magic' at all (besides from 'disable Resetti' due to a bug where he shows up all the time, even if I save the game properly and reload the save). Moral of the story: NEVER do 'black magic'. It will not only ruin your game, but also your life.

I have 51 million bells. 5 of those I bought here, and only because Isabelle messed up my Stonehenge 3 times, and that is over 700k?

I earned 46 million.
I don't like to cheat, but buying those bells after all the messed up PWP's, I have no guilt.

Twas a one-off.

Thank you everyone for your good luck wishes. I haven't reset yet but when I do, I will definitely be sharing pictures. And I'm going to be selective with my map, but not overly so because there is no map that is 'perfect' and I got to make sure I remember that when I select my layout.

Yeah, this game isn't meant to be rushed through. They have the game where things are unlockable after 10 days or 20 days so that you can build a town not rush through it. Rome wasn't built in a day, so neither should our Animal Crossing town. Basically the same thing.

Last edited:
Yes.

I sold my town, and it got extremely boring due to me being able to pay everything off at once. Selling your toen pretty much destroys the whole novelty of the game, much like how most of the update already did.

I restarted my old town as well. Mostly because I did not earn any of my stuff legitmately. I do feel better after restarting, and I hope you do too :)

That's the way to go! And hey when you get a map you really love, it's WORTH starting from scratch! After years of restarting I finally got a map I really like :D

Okay I restarted. I already feel better. :)

I decided I'm also going to name my town Kingston instead of Kingford. Kingston sounds a lot cooler and a lot more fairy tale like.

If I decided to restart it'd be really hard. Considering I already have 5 out of 9 of my dreamies. I play on my other save files to start from scratch. Plus it's an easy way to have more rooms to do stuff with. (Just one house never has enough rooms and too many ideas to work with!!) Sometimes I'll give a save file my money though, but I don't see how that's cheating because a I worked for that money anyway.

Yes.

I sold my town, and it got extremely boring due to me being able to pay everything off at once. Selling your toen pretty much destroys the whole novelty of the game, much like how most of the update already did.

At least you're not constantly under the thumb (paw?) of Tom Nook. :)

I felt the same way after buying Blue Roses from other people - breeding stopped being fun after that. Thus, once I got the right tools, I decided to try again, and had some success. It felt much more fun for me to finally get them that way.

I wish you good luck with your new town!

Alright, I found my map. Unfortunately since it's after 8pm I can't access Nookling Junction to fossil hunt. But this map is worth it. I'll post all the details on the Town Map thread.

Back