• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Has something changed? Can you use amibo to select your 10 villagers?

emilythestrange

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2157-2909-8102
Cherry (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Hi I was wondering what changed apart from adding in the campsite area and the meow coupons
Can you use your amibo cards to determine which villagers you get?

Yes you can, if you have said villager card you can force someone else out and move them in.

Yes, you can ask villagers to move in now using amiibo cards! In addition to that, you can also kick out other villagers if your town already has 10 villagers and you want someone new to move in from an amiibo card. Also, when moving in villagers from an amiibo card the 16 villager cycle doesn't affect villagers moving in. For example, if Ketchup just moved out of your town and you want her to move back in, you can just use the card and have her move right back in without waiting for 16 other villagers to cycle through your town first. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Where can you scan your card to get them?

If your ds doesn't have a scanner you can use an NFC reader. You also need Wisp's lamp which you should be able to find in your town.

Is there a thread or something which explains how you swap villagers using your cards? Like say I want to swap bones for another character? Is there any time limit etc

when you scan in bones and you already have 10 villagers it should prompt you to select which villager to force out of town. :blush:

Ok I have read this page

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Wisp
And it says wisp can be found at night and you need to take him five things ?

I think that's just from the regular Animal Crossing game, not Animal Crossing New Leaf. I found Wisp during the day, basically just run around your town and a little dialogue bubble will pop up and prompt you to find the lamp. Once you find it place it in your house, then press A in front of it to get Wisp to come out. He'll tell you when to scan your card, then a villager will appear. If the villager has an RV (one of the new Welcome Amiibo villagers) you can ask them to come and play or to give you something. If you ask them to come and play their RV will turn up at the campsite immediately and you can buy items from the RV as well as ask them to move in. If the villager doesn't have an RV you can ask them to move in once you scan them I believe, and then they'll ask you which villager you want to leave. The villager you want to move out will immediately be in boxes then, and I think the villager scanned in has a house plot the next day. Once you get the lamp it's pretty easy to use, you'll figure it out. :)

I believe you can use amiibo to select your 10 villagers. Although i've heard rumour that they'll move out normally if you have a town full of amiibo. But despite that, still be careful with who you choose. It's possible that they can become permanent, and never ask to move - or take a very long time to do so. I recommend if you use amiibo to select your 10 villagers, choose wisely and the ones that you like the most or have been longtime favourites. I moved in an amiibo Cece, and I had no luck with getting her to move, so I eventually just deleted the town.

Yeah the wisp thing is weird. You can't miss it, but basically he'll just call out to you after a bit. I think it was several days for me, but I wasn't trying to get him or anything.

Don't do it.
They will be stuck in your town, almost impossible to move.

I ruined my town with those amiibo cards.
It's not worth it.

Don't do it.
They will be stuck in your town, almost impossible to move.

I ruined my town with those amiibo cards.
It's not worth it.

I'm a bit late, but isnt that a good thing? If its a villager you dont WANT to ever move out?

At first. Until it sinks in that you are stuck with them for a very long time. If you want someone else in your town, you have to do it with a card and they can move anywhere.

It really isn't worth it.
It takes away your freedom of choice.

I loved my amiibo villagers, until I learned I couldn't get rid of them.

Last edited:
Back