• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best way to move undesirables out?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
A few villagers moved in without notice from some of y'alls towns. -_- ( I seriously need to turn off street pass)
and I don't want them.
I've tried abuse but that doesn't seem to work.
What's the best way?

Thank you!

Unless it's amiibo's, it's random.

The only 3 villagers I talk to a lot, are the only ones that ping to move. :(
You could whack them with the toy hammer, but 5 minutes later they won't remember.

Last edited:
It is very difficult (maybe even impossible) to kick out the last villager without help of amiibo. Are the undesirables new to your town?

I just ignore them and hope they "ping" me asking to leave :( sometimes even when they ask to leave they just change their minds and it pisses me off. I don't think there's any consistent way unfortunately

Amiibo cards. That's the easiest and quickest way.

Otherwise, say hi to them once when they move in, then ignore them thereafter.

Talk to them more works better than ignoring!
I read somewhere that there's a game "ladder" when it comes to friendships. The top of the ladder is when they give you a picture of them. The only way to reach the top is if you talk to them often.
Here's the catch- The game doesn't want you to reach the top so easily, so the closer you get to a villager, the faster it is to make them want to move. (So it'll be harder for you to get a picture.)
If you choose stay, you'll be able to reach the top and obtain a picture of said villager, but otherwise, if you ask them to move, they will.

Ignoring them, however, will put them at the base of the ladder, and will take much longer for them to move. If they've just moved in, you can introduce yourself then ignore them til they move, but that might take a week or so.

I hope this clears anything up! This worked with me with some of my villagers so I hope it works for you. ^^

I've tried this method i've seen on tumblr twice and it's worked so far but I heard sometimes it doesn't. I got pekoe and peewee out using this method ^^

Talk to the villager you want to leave until he/she is thinking (aka when they have the bubble with the three dots over their head) then time travel two days foward and they should ping you saying they want to move.

Remember it doesn't work all the time. :)

Last edited:
DON'T use amiibo cards!
I ruined my town that way.
I ended up with them moving in front of, beside, and behind me. It took 5 months for one of them to ping to move.

You will be trapped, like I am.

DON'T use amiibo cards!
I ruined my town that way.
I ended up with them moving in front of, beside, and behind me. It took 5 months for one of them to ping to move.

You will be trapped, like I am.
:eek: so plot resetting doesn't work for them? I have some amiibo cards but I never used them to ask someone in.

I never plot reset. I wouldn't go to all that trouble.
I've read it can take hundreds of tries to get it right, plus amiibo's favor the spot of whoever you are kicking out.
If you scanned them in to start with, like I did, the game puts them as close to you as possible.

I have no grass in my town because of all the amiibo's I moved and shuffled.

It's not worth it.
Trust me.

I second OPs comment. Anyone got any methods that don't require Amiibo cards? I don't have any. :(

Don't use amiibo cards unless you happen to have cards of villagers that you actually want. I made the terrible mistake of using cards and now the villagers who I moved in with cards won't leave. Also I have noticed that bullying them does not work. It seems lile the ignoring method does work to an extent. Like I finally got rid of villagers I had for a long time and didn't want when I started ignoring them, while villagers I want to keep I always talk to them and do them favors and the don't really ask to move anymore. Not saying it will definitely work though.

Amiibos are the quickest and easiest way. If you can snag some cards, hop over to the trading part of the forums and you can get some more villagers you want. I used amiibos and I put down patterns and plot resetted and that was the quickest way for me to have everyone I want, where I want them. Totally worth it in my book! You can also buy lots of cards on eBay for like $5 and under unless they are the super popular ones

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wanted to add that if you ignore your faves and start talking to the ones you hate ( as hard as that is lol), they will ask to move out quicker. Time travel helps a lot with this too.

Last edited:
I talk to them once to say hi for the first time and then after, I do not talk to them, unless they ping me cause it may be for them to wanna move out.

By not talking to them a lot, I find that they move out quicker.

Unless it's amiibo's, it's random.

The only 3 villagers I talk to a lot, are the only ones that ping to move. :(
You could whack them with the toy hammer, but 5 minutes later they won't remember.

Yes. This. Also remember who ever moved in most frequently wont move out.

Last edited:
It is very difficult (maybe even impossible) to kick out the last villager without help of amiibo. Are the undesirables new to your town?

Unfortunately, they moved in right after each other about a week ago.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Amiibos are the quickest and easiest way. If you can snag some cards, hop over to the trading part of the forums and you can get some more villagers you want. I used amiibos and I put down patterns and plot resetted and that was the quickest way for me to have everyone I want, where I want them. Totally worth it in my book! You can also buy lots of cards on eBay for like $5 and under unless they are the super popular ones

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wanted to add that if you ignore your faves and start talking to the ones you hate ( as hard as that is lol), they will ask to move out quicker. Time travel helps a lot with this too.

I'm not too sure I want to use cards, I kinda like use the random chance campsite. but I did find deal for 10=$10 on ebay.

Last edited:
So you have 2 unwanted villagers? It might be easier to move both of them out since you can TT to move the oldest one and work with the most recent unwanted villagers later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also notice that as long as you don't TT backwards, the next moving date will be around 9-11 day after the previous one. Nimtendo prolong the moving out period from 5 to 10 so it takes longer to move someone out.

Last edited:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?82107-Guide-Fool-Proof-Guide-to-Moving-Villagers-OUT

This is a really good thread on how to do it! I've been using it the past few days and it's working amazing ^ ^

THIS. I'm currently using this method. Seems to work - and it seems very easy to keep Dreamies using this method. Just put down paths wherever you DON'T want a house to go and leave 3?3 plots where you DO want villagers.

Then you can plot reset until you get a villager you want to plot. Its gonna take me a while, but I'll keep you posted on how it's going. :3

:eek: so plot resetting doesn't work for them? I have some amiibo cards but I never used them to ask someone in.

Plot reset can work, I've done it more than 10 times. :) (And I used amiibo cards on most)

Last edited:
Back