• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best way to move undesirables out?

I always just use amiibo cards to get out villagers you don't want, of course that only works if you have the card for a villager that you want. I also just time travel by a few days at a time until the villager I want to move out pings me, so if you don't mind time travelling and talking to villagers to see who's going to move you could do it that way. :)

Talk to them more works better than ignoring!
I read somewhere that there's a game "ladder" when it comes to friendships. The top of the ladder is when they give you a picture of them. The only way to reach the top is if you talk to them often.
Here's the catch- The game doesn't want you to reach the top so easily, so the closer you get to a villager, the faster it is to make them want to move. (So it'll be harder for you to get a picture.)
If you choose stay, you'll be able to reach the top and obtain a picture of said villager, but otherwise, if you ask them to move, they will.

Ignoring them, however, will put them at the base of the ladder, and will take much longer for them to move. If they've just moved in, you can introduce yourself then ignore them til they move, but that might take a week or so.

I hope this clears anything up! This worked with me with some of my villagers so I hope it works for you. ^^

This theory seems true to me. I've gotten into the habit of talking to villagers I want to move out because it feels like the only villagers asking to leave are the ones I talk to daily. Ignoring them seems to make them less likely to move.

Back