• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you try to play daily or time travel?

Right now im just tt'ing to grow hybrids and once i have the anount i want im going back to normal gameplay bc even tho i TT i still give shrunk fruit, dig fossils, collect ore, try to do the daily coupon rewards, talk to all my villagers to make sure they arent moving and fill my catalog which is tiring to do when youre just trying to slip days to grow flowers

I do both. I try to play a little bit everyday, or close to everyday, but because my hours are wonky and I'm working on getting my PWP's, I tt a bit as well.

I tt because I don't always feel like playing every day, but I don't want my villagers to move away. I wish I didn't have to though. It is kind of annoying.

I time travel a ton but its mostly to cycle put villagers and to grab landscaping stuff!

I don't time travel (anymore). I used to be a fan of it, but I've really grown to enjoy and appreciate playing daily. The main reason I switched was because with university, I only have 20-30minutes to play each day. I didn't think it was really enough time to accomplish all my daily chores and then TT and repeat, so I (with a lot of patience) grew accustomed to just playing a day at a time, lol.

I don't time travel in Kittyton - I just like having it in real time - but I have a downloaded copy that is like a spare town I reset when I get bored, so I like to time travel in that one, just because it's more fun for me, aha

I do, but I do chores every in-game day. I tt because I run out of things to do and because I like playing at night without the shops being closed. I have a spare copy, though, so I might try not time-traveling on one and see how I like it.

both! I'll go through a week or two long phase of endless tting to unlock pwps, move villagers in and out, breed hybrids, etc. and then I'll switch back to playing the conventional way until I feel like polishing my town up a bit again!

I don't time travel but I'm tempted to. Main reason I don't is that I'm scared of my villagers moving away and me not noticing but then, unlocking stuff faster is kind of tempting...

I have 3 towns. One is set in summer, one set in winter and one that stays in real time. I also like to play between 4-7pm just cause the music is chill and the lighting. But other than that I don't time travel, I play day by day and only time travel if I'm working on landscaping my town and getting those PWPs out.

Yeah, same. I time travel because I have work and I have to use my free time efficiently. I don't think it's cheating but if someone else does, I don't really care. I play how I want and in a way that works for me.

I don't time travel unless absolutely necessary. I have no need to as I don't plot reset or feel the need to rush through pwps. I prefer to play day by day.

I wish I could play daily but I have to adult in the real world which makes it hard for me to log on every day. Even then, I don't usually get on until really late so time-travel is nearly essential so I don't always play at midnight in-game.

I time travel if I have BIG plans. For example, the past two days I've been trying to gather lots of plants and public work project requests, followed by PWP'ing and planting lots of trees, bushes, and bamboo so I traveled forwards to speed up the process. After I'm done I usually jump back again so when I go back to casual play everything will be nice and normal :)

Last edited:
I didn't used to time travel, but I honestly think it makes the game more fun. I do have a slight problem where I find it very annoying if I don't finish the game on the real date and time, though.

I play daily. It makes the game seem more real to me. :p

I would like to play daily but that doesn't happen so I time travel a lot.

I might time travel, because I haven't played my game in months...probably since I was last logged in/posted here. I don't want to boot up the game and have some villager I really like move out or some mover ruin all that I strived for.

I haven't played in a while mostly because I've been pretty depressed...but now I'm back and hopefully for a good stay.

Last edited:
I do my best to play daily but I'll tt when desperate enough, like for the she-beast that is gracie and her fashion checks.
If i do tt it's generally w/in the same day to do some beetle hunting or something of the like

Back