• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you try to play daily or time travel?

I time travel a lot, mostly because I tend to fixate on one goal at a time, so like if I'm trying to get the golden shovel I feel like I have to TT 50 days one day at a time and buy fertilizer each day before I can do anything else lol.

I like to play daily as I feel like it's more rewarding. Even though you can get a lot more done when time travelling, I like to see my town grow in real time, so I can look back and be proud of how much progress i've made. Although time-travelling and cheating are two completely different things, I still feel like i'm cheating a little bit when I do it. There's also the risk of having villagers move out on you without your knowledge, and I think playing day by day allows me to focus better on my villagers. Since I feel like if I were to, i'd be focusing too much on who I want to leave rather on who I want to stay. Also, I think one day when I need to make some more bells, I want to get into the stalk market. I think if I get into the habit of time travel, not only will my turnips die but i'll probably forget I even buried them.

Last edited:
i mean, i try to play daily, but i get really impatient if i just paid of my home loan, if i cataloged things, if i'm trying to breed hybrids, etc. so most of the time i end up time travelling.

Generally I play daily. Occasionally, if I've done all my daily tasks and still have a lot of free time, I will TT day by day, trying to get a PWP suggestion every day until I get sick of it. If I do that I also check the stock in the stores for new items and get a new emotion from Shrunk. Once I'm done with all that I change it to the current date again.

I've NEVER played the game during the winter - I always seem to pick it up for a couple months during the summer or early fall - so once I've caught all the summer fish and bugs I might fast forward just to see what winter is like!

I play everyday and I time travel. ^-^ I had the game for the DS and Gamecube, but I never played for long periods of time, simply because of the daily thing. So, that's why I came late to the Animal Crossing 3DS. But I picked it up like a week ago on suggestion of a friend. I play as much as I want each in game day. Then, when I'm done, I'll travel to the next day. I dont want to leap years at a time. =)

Last edited:
I play every day but do time travel for pwp's to be built and to catch the annoying bugs and fish if i dont want a late night, lol.

I time travel. It gets really boring quickly when you have nothing to do.
Ive been lucky so far, nothing negative hasnt happened to me YET.

I used to be a serial time traveler, but for the past few years I?ve been playing on real time. It helps me relax more and adds a more real feeling to the game, which is a big part of why I play.

Both, especially early on since those days are really slow since you can't do much really.

I play very very casually and in a way it relaxing just play here and there. I am not in rush to finish anything and I don't feel like there is a official end unless you consider collecting everything or what you consider finishing a town or whatever "end" is. So yea I play day by day but have missed lot of days and that can sucks If I am looking for a certain item but o well. I still enjoy it :). Everyone has there own ways of playing, I feel like it can be very open ended.

I've played without time travelling since I started my current town on New Year's Day. I used to be pretty addicted to time travelling but the game is so much more fun to me without doing it.

I TT a lot but it hasn't ruined my overall experience with the game. I also don't see it as cheating the game doesn't really punish you if you do TT (unless you have turnips).

Back