• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you try to play daily or time travel?

Cattums

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I tend to time travel because I work 12 hour shifts and by the end of the day I'm not even thinking about animal crossing I just want to sleep. It's too hard to get things done without it, at least for me. I don't even feel like it's really cheating in any way bc acnl is so time consuming even with time traveling.

I do turnips so I never time travel unless I'm resetting to get specific villagers/plot resetting... ><;;

I have always considered Animal Crossing as an alternate world like Narnia so I've never felt like the time HAS to match our time.

That being said I enjoy having my towns in the same time of season but I usually play different times of day.

Bug catching at night, fishing in the evening, etc.

I like starting my day at 11am so the Uchis are awake. :)

I don't time travel. I don't think it's cheating, I just tend to mess it up. Like I did yesterday, but I was planning on restarting anyways. I digress.

I only time travel when a villager leaves or when I order something from the catalog for someone :) but I always change the time back

i don't time travel because i don't know how to do it really. i also don't know what plot resetting or cycling is, so i don't need to TT to do that either

Back when I was playing daily I didn't time travel much, but now that I have long periods of not playing, I time travel a lot to play out the days that I missed... Right now my game is all the way back in January, I have a lot of catching up to do ;~;

I like feeling like ACNL is real life, so I play day by day on the same real-life day!

I've started using time travel. I tend to complete all the daily tasks I want to do before moving to the next day - it sorta keeps the original charm of "play every day" day for me and stops me getting too bored.

I time travel all the time, unless I only have small amount of time to play that day. Typically I'll play 2-3 days per day so I can get a lot done with breeding flowers and buying bushes. As a kid playing animal crossing, I used to find so many things to do throughout the day but now I have set goals and you can only do so much every day. I'm currently in August right now, I'll probably time travel back to present day sometime soon to avoid autumn.

I time travel all the time, unless I only have small amount of time to play that day. Typically I'll play 2-3 days per day so I can get a lot done with breeding flowers and buying bushes. As a kid playing animal crossing, I used to find so many things to do throughout the day but now I have set goals and you can only do so much every day. I'm currently in August right now, I'll probably time travel back to present day sometime soon to avoid autumn.

This is exactly how I like to play. You just worded it a lot better than I did. ^^

Play daily. Though these stupid holidays where town hall is closed, stopping me from doing anything, I sometimes TT.

i used to play day by day but now i time travel because it makes the game a lot more interesting and fun for me! i am also really impatient so i use it to speed up things like catalog orders, villargers moving in/out, public works projects & house expansions, etc.

Last edited:
I used to play daily but I'm almost done with my town and been too busy with other stuff/games so I only play once a week. Ironically, I used to TT a lot back then since I always catch my villagers asking to move every time I open my game now so I've no worries that someone will accidentally move out.

I have a non-TT town but even in that town i tend to time travel a little... like if I finish work late and i want to play, I'll set the time back so the shops are open.

I time travel when playing Animal Crossing New Leaf. It is my preferred play style while playing that game. Sometimes I order things from the catalog or customize my furniture. Working on get some public works projects or getting villagers to move in/move out of my town.

I play daily. For me it's the whole point of the game, that it takes place in real time and I enjoy the general slow burn.

Back