• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you try to play daily or time travel?

I don't time travel but that's because I feel like I would mess up and accidentally move out one of my villagers. XD So I play daily even though it's difficult to sometimes because of my schedule.
I've time travelled in my other animal crossing games though. It's quite fun ^^

Both time traveling and playing daily have their perks, it just depends on the person who's playing it to decide which one they like the best.

Last edited:
I try to play daily.
I only TT to do things that I missed due to work, Shabbos or Jewish holidays. I always TT within the same day, just setting the time a few hours back or forward.

I time travel when I order stuff someone needs from the catalogue, or when I want to go fishing/bug catching (I don't do this as much anymore.) I also time travel when I want a villager to leave my town already, but I always change the time back because I don't wanna mess the flow of things.

I don't play every day, so I like to use the activity log and tt to the day I last played just to keep villagers I like from ninja moving away.

Depends on the day/time. I remember buying the game and being so upset that everything was closed/villagers were asleep when I left for work and then shops were closed by the time I came home. If I have the time, I'll play normally. Otherwise, I do tend to change the time.

Overall I try not to time travel. There's nothing wrong with doing it, I just like the slower pace. I will if a villager has moved out to get a new move in. Otherwise I usually don't too much.

I try to play daily or whenever I feel like it (sometimes I don't play for 6 days in a week but will play on the 7th day of the week just so the villagers won't get mad at me). I haven't time travelled in a long, long time and that was when I was trying to get Bob in my town back in November. Now that I have all the villagers I wanted, I don't really see the point in time travelling for me at least.

i time travel all the time, but never past 2 days (unless a villager is moving out in a week and i want them out asap)

i always put the time back to normal whenever i've finished doing what i'm doing. it's usually just for plot resetting or PWP completion. sometimes if i haven't played in a few days and i remember on a night time i'll tt to the morning so i get to play a day.

I play daily, I never TT. Not that I have anything against time travelling, but I'm scared I'd TT my favorite villagers into oblivion or something equally devastating.

Sometimes I play daily but since I have work and college I generally time travel backward so I don't lost any of my villagers, then I gradually TT to catch up with the regular date since I like playing in the same season. If I only miss a couple of days from inactivity I just play normally unless I miss an event I wanted to participate in like April Fools Day or something :)

I play daily, probably because I grew up playing with siblings and we competed to see who could get the most done in a day. TT feels weird to me since I've played daily since GC

I time travel all the time in my first town. Though for my new second town, I time for getting villagers out, but after I get all the villagers I want to leave my town, I will stop time traveling. Still, I time travel in both of my towns.

I'm a mix of both! I usually play daily, but I play 2 days a day if that makes sense? ^ ^ ; I can still find plenty to do in one in game day, especially because of all of my tasks and my daily routines that vary between my 2 villager characters, but once that's done I usually TT to the next day. I always make sure not to go too far into the future to avoid losing villagers! and if I do, I do it one day at a time to make sure my dreamies don't move out. I do time travel quite a lot when it comes to moving villagers in/out quickly though, especially for selling them/buying them on here!

I usually play without time travel. Sometime I'll TT within a day (for example, if I need to visit a villager's house) or maybe to the previous day if I mixed something important, but I try to stay on the time it is in real life.
I just think it's more fun to stay on real time!

I do turnips so I never time travel unless I'm resetting to get specific villagers/plot resetting... ><;;

Fun fact: I actually used to be like you. I'd be afraid to TT due to having turnips in my invisible pockets and/or dimentionally connected storage. I decided to do some testing recently by buying 10 turnips on Sunday morning and time traveling forward. I've learned that as long as you don't go back in time your turnips stay fresh. I've made bells rather quickly by buying low and TT forward a day at a time checking the buy price for the "Stalk Market".

I hope I helped you in some way. I don't worry about the turnips rotting anymore after figuring that out.

I will make a comittment to never time travel in my next town. I did it in New Leaf, and it ruined a lot of the game for me. It is comparable to a bad addiction to be honest. Kids, don't time travel. It's a bad habit to get in to.

Back