Do you try to play daily or time travel?

I time travel a lot, mostly because I tend to fixate on one goal at a time, so like if I'm trying to get the golden shovel I feel like I have to TT 50 days one day at a time and buy fertilizer each day before I can do anything else lol.

I like to play daily as I feel like it's more rewarding. Even though you can get a lot more done when time travelling, I like to see my town grow in real time, so I can look back and be proud of how much progress i've made. Although time-travelling and cheating are two completely different things, I still feel like i'm cheating a little bit when I do it. There's also the risk of having villagers move out on you without your knowledge, and I think playing day by day allows me to focus better on my villagers. Since I feel like if I were to, i'd be focusing too much on who I want to leave rather on who I want to stay. Also, I think one day when I need to make some more bells, I want to get into the stalk market. I think if I get into the habit of time travel, not only will my turnips die but i'll probably forget I even buried them.

Last edited:
i mean, i try to play daily, but i get really impatient if i just paid of my home loan, if i cataloged things, if i'm trying to breed hybrids, etc. so most of the time i end up time travelling.

Generally I play daily. Occasionally, if I've done all my daily tasks and still have a lot of free time, I will TT day by day, trying to get a PWP suggestion every day until I get sick of it. If I do that I also check the stock in the stores for new items and get a new emotion from Shrunk. Once I'm done with all that I change it to the current date again.

I've NEVER played the game during the winter - I always seem to pick it up for a couple months during the summer or early fall - so once I've caught all the summer fish and bugs I might fast forward just to see what winter is like!

I play everyday and I time travel. ^-^ I had the game for the DS and Gamecube, but I never played for long periods of time, simply because of the daily thing. So, that's why I came late to the Animal Crossing 3DS. But I picked it up like a week ago on suggestion of a friend. I play as much as I want each in game day. Then, when I'm done, I'll travel to the next day. I dont want to leap years at a time. =)

Last edited:
I play every day but do time travel for pwp's to be built and to catch the annoying bugs and fish if i dont want a late night, lol.

I time travel. It gets really boring quickly when you have nothing to do.
Ive been lucky so far, nothing negative hasnt happened to me YET.

I used to be a serial time traveler, but for the past few years I?ve been playing on real time. It helps me relax more and adds a more real feeling to the game, which is a big part of why I play.

Both, especially early on since those days are really slow since you can't do much really.

I play very very casually and in a way it relaxing just play here and there. I am not in rush to finish anything and I don't feel like there is a official end unless you consider collecting everything or what you consider finishing a town or whatever "end" is. So yea I play day by day but have missed lot of days and that can sucks If I am looking for a certain item but o well. I still enjoy it :). Everyone has there own ways of playing, I feel like it can be very open ended.

I've played without time travelling since I started my current town on New Year's Day. I used to be pretty addicted to time travelling but the game is so much more fun to me without doing it.

I TT a lot but it hasn't ruined my overall experience with the game. I also don't see it as cheating the game doesn't really punish you if you do TT (unless you have turnips).

Back