When you lost your town...

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Today is not my day, as I just lost my town. My dumb game got for some unknown
reason a damage and it crashed up everytime when I tried to start it. I feel like I'm
cursed, as this isn't the first time I had this problem. So...yeah, I just lost a good
town which I wanted to extend in the next time. -_-

Do you ever was in such a situation where you lost your town? What did you done:
Started a new town, did you made a break from the game? I have to wait now till I
get a new NL and will then start a new town. Until then I will have to make a break...

Aww! Sorry to hear that. I never lost my town before (knock on wood) but I had a friend who lost his game. He tends to drop things and his town was completed. He got another copy but barely plays because he finds hard to start again.

The nice thing is this community seems like it'll always help another out. (I'm sure you know), so it won't be as difficult.

I had a similar situation where my town got REALLY glitchy; after a minor breakdown (jk) I tried updating the game and that seemed to do the trick! Not sure if someone gave me hacked items that harmed my game or if it just needed updated, but I'm just glad it got fixed. I hope your situation gets worked out, and I'm sorry you're having trouble with your town :(

I almost lost everything on my 3ds when transferring to the new 3DS XL. Glad I was able to fix the problem.

I lost my first town when one of my little sisters deleted it, and I cried a lot ^^; I started a new one as soon as I was able to, and looking back, I think it all worked out for the best, as I ended up liking my current town even more :)

I FEEL YOU ON DEEP LEVELS WITH THIS. I shall tell my story. Track back to 2014, shall we?

My first town, Lawville ( An Ace attorney themed town ) was my FIRST EVER ACNL TOWN. I loved it dearly. Had it since it came out. 2014 was my first year of being home-schooled so I often did school on my laptop in the kitchen. My dog, Simba ( Yes we are Lion King fans in my household lol we have a female named Nala too. ) was often in the kitchen with me. After school one day, I played ACNL in the kitchen, then I decided to switch games and play something different and my STUPID 14 YEAR OLD SELF decided to not put the game in my game case, but on the kitchen table and completely forgot about it. I left it in there all night, not even thinking that my dog always got on the kitchen table and messed something up, but I was like "Oh he won't get it. He'll leave it alone." ....No. The next day, I went into the kitchen with my laptop to do school, and saw my dog looking suspicious in the corner. He always goes in the corner and looks sad when he did something wrong, so I looked on the table and my game card was gone. So I look on the counter, nothing. I asked my brother and mom did they move it, they said no. So I started to panic. I looked under the table, and there it was. My game card was chewed up. I was so livid. I cried and cried as I tried to get it work, PRAYING it would work. BUT NO. It didn't work and I was devastated because I was getting super serious about my town! I was pissed at my dog but I couldn't hit him because I hate hitting dogs, there's no point or reason. But I was so sad and devastated that happened. NOT ONLY did he mess up my card, but in trying to get it to work, it messed up my 3ds, causing my top screen's color to fade. But a few weeks later, my dad surprised me with a new ACNL game and I was losing interest in it at first, because it wasn't my first town, which I loved. But I decided to make this new town WAY better than Lawville, which it now is! Atsukito is much better than Lawville and I absolutely adore it! I also finally got a new 3ds a few months ago so yay! No more looking at a faded top screen! So yea...that's my story CX

Man, I relate to this so much! I remember three years ago, way back in school time, me and friend were walking and talking during lunch as usual. Back then, I carried a much smaller 3ds case with the regular 3ds and few games, but I was fine at the time. But after looking back at my case to play some more, I noticed both my ACNL game and Smash Brothers were gone. I had accused my friend at stealing at first, but they said they didn't even touch it. So I went wandering all over the school to find my lost games, but no such luck. But finally this year, I have ACNL back and I'm really glad! This time, I won't be losing it!

Last edited:
I haven't lost my town, but I did reset it after a month of playing.
I did it because I was didn't like some aspects of my town and I thought I would be able to sell it to Nook's. Unfortunately I wasn't able to sell it because my tree didn't reach the level that it has to be.
I miss some of my old villagers and I hope I can get them in my current town. I actually had one of them (Chadder) in my campsite, but my town was full at the time. :(

Last edited:
i've never been in this situation before but i don't think i could play acnl anymore if it did, so sorry that this happened to you :(

Last edited:
I am so sorry this happened to you. You don't deserve that at all. It is annoying to have to start from scratch again all the work you did, wait for shops to upgrade again, try to get the villagers you wanted again and so forth. This never happened to me, but it happened to a friend of mine, except it was because she got into powersaving. Her game got corrupted and she lost everything. So she pretty much quit for now because trying to rebuild everythimg is too tedious.

I haven't lost a new leaf town but as a kid my brother always deleted my city folk town. Like every time I got my house upgrade to Max. He deleted my town probably 7-10 times. It's heart breaking.
I'm so sorry your town got messed up. Hugs.
I'd take a long break.

Back