get villagers to change clothes?

mimituesday

king of tuesday
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
is there any way to try and speed that process up? phil is in a leopard tee and it's driving me bananas

cyrano in my other town adopted a pattern i made in like 20 minutes.

what gives?

A villager asked me what I thought about her shirt yesterday. I said it was plain (she was wearing the latest trend in my town) and next I saw her, she was wearing a design from Able.

I would've expected Isabelle would fix that, but I Brina's suggestion of mailing shirts will also work eventually.

Send the clothing before 5pm. Save and quit. TT or wait until over 5pm then check if the villager will change clothes. If not, quit to home menu. Don't save. Repeat the process. Load the game again then walk around. You can force them to change this way. When they finally do, save your game. Guaranteed to work 100%.

Send the clothing before 5pm. Save and quit. TT or wait until over 5pm then check if the villager will change clothes. If not, quit to home menu. Don't save. Repeat the process. Load the game again then walk around. You can force them to change this way. When they finally do, save your game. Guaranteed to work 100%.

hardcore method!! gonna try it :)

You can report it to Isabelle as a problematic citizen.

Unfortunately, that only works for villagers wearing patterns. In an older game it worked for both store bought outfits and patterns.

^^ Does that method also work with furniture?

If you mail them furniture, they will often display it. It should be to their taste though!

You can check what they like on Thonky. Look up "recommended gifts for Lucky" or whoever.

One guide I read said to mail 5 letters each with the same shirt which in my experience guarantees they'll wear it (and they'll put another of them on display in their house).

Back