• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Multiplayer Game Ideas

PolkaMocha

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi Guys! As summer rolls around, I think sometimes it can get a little boring playing the typical island tours and timer games with friends, so I've created a list of fun, more complex games that I often play with my friends :cool:

Game #1 Prize Pool System:

This is just a way to spice up any usual game you play with your friends. It adds competition, prizes, and some excitement. :)

Step One: Roll a dice, if you roll a one, everyone playing pitches in 10,000 bells, if you roll a six, everyone pitches in 60,000 bells, so on and so fourth.

Step Two: Everyone places their bells in a designated area, preferably inside of a fence.

Step Three: Set the rules for the game. It can be hide and seek, and the winner is whoever gets found last, it can be a timer round, and whoever catches the most of whatever stated wins, or anything else you can think of.

Step Four: After the game is over, determine the placing order, then, Ffllow this guide to determine which place gets how much of the prize pool (in the event of a tie, play another, shorter round. In the event of teams, simply go by the 2 player rule and split the winnings evenly with your teammate):

If 2 players:
1st:75%
2nd:25%

If 3 players:
1st:50%
2nd:30%
3rd:20%

If 4 players:
1st:40%
2nd:30%
3rd:20%
4th:10%

This might require picking the bell bags up and dropping them in smaller amounts. If the exact percentage cannot be given, round down.

Example round:
A 4 is rolled, so four players pitch in 40,000 bells each, but the fourth player doesn't have enough, so they simply put in all they have (25,000 bells), totaling 145,000 bells.
After the game is over, 145,000 gets multiplied by 0.40, (40%) so 1st place recieves 58,000 bells. Then, 145,000 gets multiplied by 0.30 (30%), so second place receives 43,500.
Essentially, 1st place got a prize profit of 18,000 bells, and second place gets a prize profit of 3,500 bells.
The process gets repeated for 3rd and 4th place, and while they don't receive a prize profit, they do receive some of their pitch-ins back, so the game can continue for more rounds.

Game #2 Super Market Master

This is a competitive game that is played on the island and works with collecting and selling. This game can be played in teams or every man for himself, and prizes are involved. :D

Step One: Using mangoes/coconuts, outline a space big enough to fit 3,4,5, or 6 items on the ground inside for each player (or if you're playing this in teams, for each team. Team rounds are more fun with bigger spaces!). All areas should be on the grass.
If you have bushes, you can work around them, include them in your border, or chop them down.

Step Two: Make sure everyone playing has rented out a wetsuit, net, and fishing rod and is standing inside of their designated space. Have one player yell start.

Step Three: Collect Fish, Bugs, and Sea Creatures and sell them Leila. For every 100 (or 500 for a longer game) bells you earn, set down a bag of them in your designated area.

Step Four: Whoever fills up their designated area first wins. If you want prizes involved, winners get to keep their money and everyone else donates half their bags collected to the winner. If a player has only one, they must donate it. Then the players can keep the rest of their earnings. If you'd rather not have prizes, the game will end when someone accomplishes _____ wins.

This game can also be played in your village, using an easily recognizable object to mark the areas, selling to the nooklings, and playing the game with either 500 or 1000 bell pieces. Additionally, the areas must be close together for fairness. ;)

Game #3 Treasure Hunting

This is a digging game that takes place on the beach, and requires some prior preparation, but is arguably one of the lengthier games that can be played. It requires more smarts than speed. :(

Step One: Every player arrives in someone's village with 8 random items. These items should be very general (nothing that sticks out expensively like ores, ore furniture, gracie grace clothing, etc. And nothing that sticks out cheaply like flower bags and native fruits. Basically nothing that the player can immediately know the price of.) Then, one at a time while the other players are not looking, a player must go down and bury their items randomly on the beach.

Step Two: Once everyone has buried their items, set everyone close to the same ramp and ensure everyone has a shovel. Then, one player yells start, and everyone goes down to the beach and starts digging up items one at a time. That is to say, if they would like to dig up a second item, they must rebury the first one back on the beach, but where on the beach does not matter.

Step Three: If a player feels they have dug up the most valuable item, they must go back and wait on the ramp with only that and the shovel in their inventory. Nothing can be saved in envelopes either. Once everyone is on the ramp, one player takes everyones item and checks the prices in the retail store. Other players must remain put.

Step Four: The player who price checked the items will come back and announce the highest valued item. That person gets everyone's entries and sells them in retail and keeps the money as a reward. After this, go back to step two and play until all the items are dug up from the beach.

Alternatively, this game can also be played using pre-buried gyroids on the grass, using the town plaza tree as a meeting and starting place as opposed to the ramp. ;)

Game #4 Hide and Seek

This is the classic hide and seek game commonly played with villagers, but with more of a lively twist involving bigger prizes. :D

Step One: Every player must have at least 5 thousand bells. Then, one player is determined as the seeker, and they must have a timer.

Step Two: The seeker stands in the upper left most corner of town and waits until every hider types "ready!". Makre sure off limit zones are pre esatblished (beaches, in houses, on main street to name a few). After all players are ready, the seeker starts the timer for either 3 or 5 minutes and begins to seek for the players.

Step Three: Players are free to move from hiding spot to hiding spot while the seeker looks around. But if they do, it cannot be somewhere they (individually) have not already been.

Step Four: If a seeker finds a player they must type a general location, such as "Behind Roald's house" or "In Nook's Homes), Then, the player found must pay them how many hours are left on the clock x 1,000, and the player found must go to the upper left most part of town and wait.

Step Five: If all players are found, the seeker keeps the money and the last person found becomes the seeker. Make sure to give them the timer. If one player is left unfound, all the money the seeker collected from other players goes to the that person, and they become the seeker. If more than one player is left unfound, the money is split amongst them, and they determine which one is seeker between them. If no players are found, nothing happens in terms of bell transaction and a seeker is picked at random.

Game #5 Dress Up

This is a team game that requires at least two of the players to be moderately funded, but the results are very worth it. This requires speed and a somewhat... visual fashion sense. :p

Step One: Form teams. Each team of two decides which one will be the model. The two models stand side by side and someone sets a 3 minute timer.

Step Two: The remaining players (who must have empty inventories) run to main street and purchase (no using your own clothing!!) clothing, accesories, and shoes, and wrap them all up with wrapping paper from the nooklings, and go back to their model to dress them up by handing them the gifts.

(Optional) Step Three: However they want, the dresser and the model must trade outfits and dress each other entirely in each other's clothing. After they have successfully traded, they must stand side by side facing forward. The dresser is now considered the model, but the model is no considered the dresser, since they didn't purchase any new clothing.

Step Four: If a model is not dressed by the end of the time limit, clothes purchased by their dresser (if you played step 3, the dresser is the person who bought the new clothes initially) are given to the other team to be sold along with their own purchases, and the money is split between them and their model. If both models are dressed, whoever finished first gets the items to sell. If tied, the models must play rock paper scissors (best out of 3). Winner gets to the items to sell.

Game #7 Rock Paper Scissors

Classic. Meant for 2 people. :D

Step One: Pretype in the keyboard either rock, paper, or scissors.

Step two: Use a tweeter or net and mash the a button.

Step three: ON the third use of the item (not after it) submit your answers. Best out of three wins.

Feel Free to add your own games to the thread below!
A game I used to play involved creating a race track out of shovel holes. The holes acted as barriers, and would lead you through a large portion of the town (sometimes the whole town). Required quite a bit of work to set up, but lots of fun!

Last edited:
I hate the internet in games, especially AC.

What a waste the HH showcase is. Empty all the time, and Streetpass. I never go out!
I only have a mobile I use as a router to go to other towns, no PC.

Internet related badges should be wiped.

A game I used to play involved creating a race track out of shovel holes. The holes acted as barriers, and would lead you through a large portion of the town (sometimes the whole town). Required quite a bit of work to set up, but lots of fun!

Added! That sounds really cool if you have the space and patience for it haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate the internet in games, especially AC.

What a waste the HH showcase is. Empty all the time, and Streetpass. I never go out!
I only have a mobile I use as a router to go to other towns, no PC.

Internet related badges should be wiped.

View attachment 201539

Last edited:
Back