• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you ever have any trouble to get your Dreamies?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Hey there!
So try to get the Dreamies in ACNL is one of the parts i enjoy most in the game. Is great get rid of a Villager you don't want to make that free space in your Town for someone you really want (at least the Void want to put his hands...)
Anyway... But sometimes is desperate to wait to someone to have the Villager in the conditions you want the Villager even with Amiibo Cards.

So my questions are...
-How much you have to wait to get a Dreamie?
-What you have to offer to get it?

In my case... I'm looking for Tia and even when i'm offering 2,000,000 Bells and 6 Black Roses (or TBT and the 6 Black Roses) i still don't find someone.

What about you?

Last edited:
I usually just adopt from the threads that can move the villager in and out quick. So it doesn't take me long go obtain one.

When I have ten villagers, it's pretty easy to free up a slot because the chance of someone leaving increases. The challenge though is making a villager you don't like leave... I get my dream villagers mostly from the forums because some are giving them away from free or are just really generous :) it's no trouble for me personally but there are some Public Works Projects that I really want and some villager personalities I don't have

Last edited:
When I went to get some of my favorite villagers on here, from ordering to receiving, it took me about two days or so. I ended up only spending 30tbt a villager, because that's what the person was asking.

Also when a villager you don't like finally asks to leave just to end up staying is the most annoying thing ever lol

I haven't started yet, a lil worried. I have a space in my town and even a villager has kept asking to leave, but I don't really know who to lose at the moment XD

Also when a villager you don't like finally asks to leave just to end up staying is the most annoying thing ever lol

I always leave without saving when that happen so i can try again until he/she leave.

I refuse to call them dreamies. :-| Nightmaries. Yes.

I moved all mine in with amiibo cards and they destroyed my town. After 5 months, ONE of them is leaving.

The ones I use to like, I now can't wait to get rid of.

I refuse to call them dreamies. :-| Nightmaries. Yes.

I moved all mine in with amiibo cards and they destroyed my town. After 5 months, ONE of them is leaving.

The ones I use to like, I now can't wait to get rid of.

Yes... That's why I restart my first town. The only Amiibo Villager I have is my favorite Villager im the whole AC series... Stitches.

I have the Tia Amiibo card but i don't want to get her from there cause of the "Moving Out" problem.

when i first joined the forum in 2014, it was a lot more active and getting dreamies was super easy because of how many cyclers were constantly giving away free villagers. it usually took me a couple days to find a villager, depending on how common. now the forum is a little more dead, at least in the villager trading plaza. so it's harder to find villagers i want :c

the price of them is also so different. i remember i bought Diana for 250 tbt, which would be crazy now lol. amiibo cards made villagers easier to get, but the age of the game means less people are playing, so dreamies are harder to come by unless you buy their cards :/

Well, i finally get Tia.

Yes, i remember when getting Villager was a little to expensive. Even with the Amiibo cards, there still a little hard to find.

I don't really have any aiimbo cards to get my villagers from and I dont have the circular object either so I'm not sure if I'm willing to get that soon or just leave it.

Nah, I don't really care much for dreamies anymore. I've gotten lucky with a few of my villagers through campsite or random move in.. for example, anchovy decided to move into my second town... i definitely didn't consider him as a villager I wanted at all but his house looks so nice in my town and lazies are so easy to love. It's also fairly easy to get villagers through members here with tbt... I guess you just gotta be strategic with who you move out. I remember getting stuck with pashmina for a while because she was the last to move in and I didn't really have anyone else I wanted to move out.

I got Kyle from a free cycling thread so that was pretty nice bc I didn't have to spend anything; if you don't mind waiting I would try one of those. The biggest problem I had getting a dreamie was when I offered someone a few million bells for a villager and somebody else tried to turn it into a bidding war which was frustrating. I would definitely recommend cycling threads though!!

Yeah it's a bit of a difficulty for me. Mostly because I would need to suffer with waiting for an unwanted villager to move for a long time. Paying to get a villager isn't really a problem but the time... that's the problem. :(
I don't own any AC compatible amiibos besides W.Link and Toon Link which give me Medli and W. Link but even then it's still a struggle to get them all out and I've been thinking on this trick I could do to allow me to just use them 2 to remove all villagers, although the drawback is having to wait for one of them to get out once all other unwanted vilager is gone. Which would probably be a 1% chance, maybe even lower. :(

Last edited:
I don't have trouble most of time, actually, I've been getting pretty lucky recently! But it isn't easy all the time, but I'll find any way to get my dreamies!!

My only trouble was Ruby... I had been planning to buy her for a while, when suddenly she moved in! It was great, except for the fact that it was literally right in front of my house. :| So now I need her to move out, but it's sorta okay because I was still undecided between her or Rosie, and now it's automatically Rosie. :)

Back