• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Guide for selling your town [Updated 19/06/2017]

Ray-ACP

Slugger
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4441-4203-7439
Pear (Fruit)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
Selling your Town

happy-homes-acadamy-t-shirts-baseball-t-shirt.jpg

For those of you who don't know, with the new welcome amiibo update when rebuilding your town, nook can appear if your town tree is level 3 or above and offer to buy your town from you. This is great for those who want to start fresh but don't want to lose everything. I've decided to write a small guide now that I have actually restarted and sold my town fo people who are worried or just want to know what you keep and what you don't keep. This is a full comprehensive guide on the process and what to expect, however there are always questions to be asked so feel free and i'll update this.

Dialogue you will see from Isabelle

Your first set of dialogue regardless if you can or can't sell your town will be:

Continue > Mayor > I need help first... > Re-build the town > This is what I want.

The next set of dialogue changes depending on if you can or cannot sell your town. If you CAN'T sell your town isabelle will say:

"OK, just so you don't do anything you'll regret later, I'm going to confirm this one last time... Are you absolutely POSITIVELY sure you want to delete your town? It can't be undone!"

At this point, you should stop if you intend to sell your town. This dialogue means nook WILL NOT buy your town and she ends here. You should adhere to the tips below on how to get him to appear.

If you CAN sell your town, isabelle will say:

"OK. I have one last question for you... Once (Town) is deleted, are you interested in becoming mayor of a new town right away? Or were you thinking of taking a break from the village for a while?"

Do NOT say 'I want to take a break' this WILL delete your town and you will get no option of recovery/soft resetting from this point. If you want Nook to appear, you must answer:

"I want a new town!"

After this, Nook appears and offers his evaluation, see the tips below for more information.

What does carry over (100% Fact tested)

- Optional, your item catalogue.
- All your public work projects.
- Your money evaluation from nook. (lump sum or daily wage)

What doesn't carry over (100% Fact tested)

- Your villagers.
- Your emotions.
- Your town layout.
- Your house size.
- Your unlocked shops.
- Your badges/achievements.
- Your inventory/locker/personal storage items.
- Your character's appearance.

Useful Tips

- Nook only appears if your town tree is level 3 or above (20 days/20 hours), some speculate it's 50 hours/50 days.

- Nook offers an evaluation which totals the worth of your town, this most likely includes, shops unlocked, number of trees/bushes/flowers, public work projects, money in your ABD and how old your town is.

- Nook also offers to buy your item catalogue for you for an additional amount.

- You can carry your entire item catalogue over instead of selling it.

- After viewing the evaluation, you can still decline and power off and your town will still be there.

- Upon accepting to sell, nook offers either to give you a lump sum into your ABD or you can get daily payments split into 100 days. The latter gives you 10% interest so you end up with more money after 100 days is up.

- Your ABD money DOES count towards the evaluation.

- An example: I had a town aged 1 year and 6 months, had 5 million in my ABD and nook offered 24 million for the town, 2 million for the item catalogue and an extra 2 million due to the 10% option.

- After accepting to sell and agreeing to the payment, you go through the normal train scene with rover. Once you get up to the map layout, you CAN still soft reset if you want a different layout and your old town will still be there. You just have to go through the whole cut scene with nook again.

- You DO carry over all your public work projects.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not really sure why the headings are massive lol I set the font size in the code to 14 xD

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I'm still resetting because I haven't found a map I wanted yet.

Wait PWP carry over too? That means I won't have to wait for a request or a police station again? Cool!!

This is very useful! I really want to see home much my town is worth with-out actually resetting it so I'm going to do that

Thank you for posting this. I'm still resetting because I haven't found a map I wanted yet.

Wait PWP carry over too? That means I won't have to wait for a request or a police station again? Cool!!

Yep! I just found that out today when I received my pwp permit and ALL my pwps were there! Nice little bonus! I even have the flower wheel pwp from when I had a perfect town lol

UPDATE, my town would be worth 98million bells with the daily payments n.n

You just got the evaluation? Are you SERIOUS?! You must of never reset and have been playign from release o.o did you have alot of money in your ABD too cos that contributes to it a little? That being said I had 5 million and then was offered 24 million

You just got the evaluation? Are you SERIOUS?! You must of never reset and have been playign from release o.o did you have alot of money in your ABD too cos that contributes to it a little? That being said I had 5 million and then was offered 24 million

I've been playing since two falls ago (November 10th, 2015) and I have 38million in my account already

I love how Resetti also gets mixed up in the process when you're resetting your town lol

This is a super helpful thread for me, too, because I want to learn all I can before I reset Novaria at the end of this summer. Question: when you say normal routine with Rover, does that mean I can name my mayor, choose gender, face, everything like starting from scratch?

This is a super helpful thread for me, too, because I want to learn all I can before I reset Novaria at the end of this summer. Question: when you say normal routine with Rover, does that mean I can name my mayor, choose gender, face, everything like starting from scratch?

Yes you can do all of that. my new character is named Eliza and my new town is named Kingford. That is when I find a map I like.

Yep you choose everything and can even soft reset for a town layout

Thanks for the guide! I was so surprised when I went to reset a couple of days ago and walked away with 18mil bells. Makes restarting so much easier! :blush:

Thanks for the guide! I was so surprised when I went to reset a couple of days ago and walked away with 18mil bells. Makes restarting so much easier! :blush:

No worries! I was nervous at first but when I finally did it and it was fresh in my mind I thought may as well show everyone else how easy it is!

Wow! I never knew this until today! I'm sure to keep this is mind if I ever want to sell my town. uwu

Anyone have an idea as to why Nook isn't offering to buy my town? I've had the same town since the day the game came out! Biggest town tree...

Anyone have an idea as to why Nook isn't offering to buy my town? I've had the same town since the day the game came out! Biggest town tree...

Really that's odd, do you have alot of pwps and money in your ABD? Also i think how perfect your town is helps but it's all speculation. Whichever one of those that you're failing in is probably holding it back

Back