Guide for selling your town [Updated 19/06/2017]

This is awesome, thanks for making it!! I've wanted to know how much my town is worth since the welcome amiibo update, I'll have to check it out after work! I've had my town since 2013 and I have about 40 million in the ABD so it should be quite a bit!! :)

Just did this after struggling with my town layout for months.

Nook said my town was worth 999,999,999 bells LOL

Anyone have an idea as to why Nook isn't offering to buy my town? I've had the same town since the day the game came out! Biggest town tree...

Sometimes Nook will not offer to buy a town if:

- house payments for any characters are not paid - any outstanding debts
- too many items on the ground
- too many PWPs like the drilling rig
- too many weeds

I had a town with many of these characteristics. I paid the most recent payments, picked up items, pulled weeds etc. and then Nook was ready to offer me a sale!

I wanted to know if you can sell your town twice?
I sold it before but I was thinking in doing it again because of how everything has turned

I wanted to know if you can sell your town twice?
I sold it before but I was thinking in doing it again because of how everything has turned

You can sell your town as many times as you want AFTER the qualifications are met - particularly the 50 days and 50 hours. You can't sell your town immediately after.

This guide is very helpful but I have a question and it is a stupid one, but how do you soft reset?

Last edited:
This guide is very helpful but I have a question and it is a stupid one, but how do you soft reset?

power off the 3ds or go to the home menu without saving

thanks for the guide OP. i'm too scared to see how much my town is worth, though. don't wanna accidentally reset...

No worries guys, i write it because i was scared but i was resetting so thought i'd ease everyone else and take the gamble xD

Not sure if this has ever been answered but does time travel affect the 20 days?

Back