• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

explain amiibo?

5cm/s

houseplant enthusiast
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
hi! i'm pretty sure this is the right place to plop this thread down (if it's not, please move it :blush:), but i wanted to know if anyone could explain to me how the amiibo system works in animal crossing new leaf? :rolleyes:

are cards different from figures? and are the cards with the characters on it different from the cards with the rvs on them? which cards let you invite the villager to move in?

thanks so much for helping a clueless kid like me out! :blush:

Amiibo Figures - These can be scanned in to bring NPC's to the RV park, whoever you scan in will leave their position for the day to go on "holiday." EG. If you scan in Reese from Re-Tail Wisp will take over jer position and you can't sell anything that day, but you get Reese's rare furniture.

Amiibo Cards Series 1-4 - These are the normal villagers and can be scanned in to do two things; move them into your town or ask for a gift off them. If your village is full and you want to move someone in Wisp will let you choose someone to move out the next day.

Amiibo Sanrio Cards - These work almost the same to regular cards, they can move to your village and also settle down in the RV park. To get them to move in scan the card and go to the RV park, and ask them to move in.

Hope this was useful :)

does anyone know best places to get welcome amiibo cards? i went to best buy and they didn't have them but i don't know if it'd be good to just get my sisters to order them online

does anyone know best places to get welcome amiibo cards? i went to best buy and they didn't have them but i don't know if it'd be good to just get my sisters to order them online

As of now, it's pretty hard to even find them in stock at a retail store. I've heard of and seen the odd Gamestop or Bestbuy here amd there that'll still have a pack or two, though. Honestly, your best bet if you want to buy a lot is to hit up online sites and see how close you can get them to msrp.

It is always a good to check any other nearby stores as well, though.

As of now, it's pretty hard to even find them in stock at a retail store. I've heard of and seen the odd Gamestop or Bestbuy here amd there that'll still have a pack or two, though. Honestly, your best bet if you want to buy a lot is to hit up online sites and see how close you can get them to msrp.

It is always a good to check any other nearby stores as well, though.

oh okay. i saw someone on amazon selling the packs for like $20!!!! so i'll look at gamestop and see if i can find them, or else i'll go on ebay or something.

Cards are different in the respect that if you want a special character's items, you need to have that respective Amiibo (like Celeste for her bow or Lottie for her Bow)

If you want a villager in your town, you just need their card (You summon them with wisp, and can ask to move in or for a random item)

Figurines are different as they are based off the AC animals, and they won't move in, if you summon them, you can choose if you want them to come play (which is making them come to the RV area)

You can go in and order up to three items with meow coupons if you want items from their respective RV's. (This applies to all WA Cards 1-50 as well because they go to the site)

Simply put:
Figurines allow special NPC into the RV area (WA cards as well, but they can live in town, you just got to ask them)

Cards just summon a villager of your choice to live in town (you can also kick someone out if you're full)

But it looks like user Queen sparkles explained it better

thank you so much to everyone that answered! all responses really helped a lot :blush:

Back