• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

You know, I think I got the push I needed

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I have been thinking about resetting my town for the last few weeks, and Hamlet putting his house in a spot where I don't want it give me that final push. Lately I haven't been that motivated to play and I think a change of scenery is just what I need. Yeah, I'm going to lose a lot of stuff but everything I lose I can always get back and I'm going to ask some people to hold some stuff for me anyways.

Now, I have a question. How do I get Tom to buy my town?

Last edited:
When you choose to demolish your town, Isabelle will introduce you to him. After she's sure you want to delete it.

Tell her yes to really wanting to demolish it and that you want to become a mayor of a new town.

Last edited:
Okay, I have another question, if I don't find a map I want, will that mess anything up. Like after Tom buys my town and I don't find a map I want, will turning the 3DS off and then back on delete any money he gives me?

If you turn off the game after going through four ugly maps. You'll have to start the process all over again. So when you start your game up again, the town you want to delete will still be there.

It'll be as if you didn't try to delete in the first place. I did it multiple times till I found everything I wanted. :)

Last edited:
As long as you don't go through the registration with Isabelle. The game doesn't save what you've done. It's basically the same process as plot resetting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You'll through rover after tom nook buys your town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's the same start process as when you first started the game. When you talk to rover.

Yeah he buys your town but only if your town tree is only more than 3 levels.

I'm trying to decide now on whether to do lump sum or installments

Back