Fandoms

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So, what's your thoughts about fandoms? Are you part of any? Which ones are in your opinion
good, which ones are bad? Have you ever had a bad experience? I'm curious and would really
like to hear your thoughts. :D

A couple of years ago I probably would have said I was in a fandom but I really feel far too old now, I don't really like anyone or anything enough to consider myself a super fan but I enjoyed being part of it because I made friends and I went to great places and met great people and at the time it was exciting.

I don't think any particular fandom is good or bad they are just what they are, some people in that fan group will be awful and others will be just...normal...to each their own

As a teen loved being involved in fandoms for things I was passionate about. As I got older I lost interest and was more interested in enjoying my interests solo and if I happened to come across someone who shared that same interest then cool.

There are always different people in fandoms that are outgoing or simply take things too seriously. Fandoms are a great way of meeting new people and passing time though. I'd say I enjoy being in them :)

Long ago when I was 13 or so, I was in one. I did the whole make your own OC (I didn't reskin the characters), and all that chaos. It was nice to be part of a community, but no matter what there will always be eruptive drama.

This was over Hamtaro. Like I said it's nice for only so long until the he said, she said, possessive fanboys/girls just explode out of every crevice. Whoa. No thanks.

I don't care for fandoms. I'm not going to rock their boat for kicks but I don't want to be part of one. I'd rather have 2-3 friends I share interests with.

I really appreciate fandoms because they make content on platforms like reddit and tumblr that I enjoy as a fan. However, I don't know if I'd say I was in a fandom since I don't get involved. Fandoms can get pretty toxic, especially on tumblr, so I ignore most of the people. I just really enjoy seeing the art/fanfic/theories that other people come up with.

I like fandoms!! Of course some can be bad but a lot are good! I'm part of The Suite Life fandom, even though it's really dead since the show ended. I'm part of other fandoms too but I follow them on Tumblr so who knows if that counts. Anime, Animal Crossing, Doctor Who, etc are obes I follow on Tumblr. Honestly, this site is as far into a fandom I really am anymore.

I used to be part of the My Little Pony fandom and that was one wild ride let me tell ya. It rivals the Sonic fandom of how bad it is. It started off great and just went downhill so I bailed long ago.

I also used to be a part of the Pokemon fandom. Back years ago, fansites were a thing and I had a Pokemon fansite. It was really fun and I do miss the community.

just saying twenty one pilots fandom is the most problematic thing ever lmao tbh i dont like considering myself apart of fandoms cause theyre usually cringey but i like twenty one pilots, dan and phil, mcr, and troye sivan

Isn't this considered a fandom though? :p
It's nice being in a group where you all share similar interests and stuff, you get to talk to people who can relate to you, and you get to share ideas and all that!
On the other hand, some fandoms are really immature (i.e. fandom wars, etc) and that's really just the bad side.
I don't think you're ever too old to be part of a fandom, since you always grow and enjoy different things and there will always be people who also enjoy them.

i am part of teh shuperhoolock fandem ^_^ yes we r very randem xD fandem randemn dat rhymes x3 we will destroy chu if you mess with us o_O i can beh very scury!if you inshult ma men!!!!!!!!! owo we are legion never forget (xD randem)

i am part of teh shuperhoolock fandem ^_^ yes we r very randem xD
fandem randemn dat rhymes x3 we will destroy chu if you mess with us o_O i can beh very scury!if
you inshult ma men!!!!!!!!! owo we are legion never forget (xD randem)
Well, I guess I would also write like that when I get brainwashed for years by tumblr's most bizarre
fandom of all time...

Well, I guess I would also write like that when I get brainwashed for years by tumblr's most bizarre
fandom of all time...

no, the most bizarre fandom on tumblr is the true crime community, who fetishize real life serial killers :)

all fandoms are bad imo. they mostly just fight between themselves about ships, send death threats to each other for their opinions of whatever the fandom belongs to, or just start pointless discourse over trivial things. not to say everyone who partakes in fandom culture is a bad person but the majority are toxic and heavily outweigh the nicer people. that's from my experience on tumblr anyway

im on tumblr and i'll reblog content created by fandoms, but i'd never associate myself with them

Last edited:
i used to be part of the 'emo band' fandom. it got pretty toxic and cancerous, i regret everything i did when i was 8-12 tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i am part of teh shuperhoolock fandem ^_^ yes we r very randem xD fandem randemn dat rhymes x3 we will destroy chu if you mess with us o_O i can beh very scury!if you inshult ma men!!!!!!!!! owo we are legion never forget (xD randem)

sh00k

- - - Post Merge - - -

the only fandoms i would say im truly in is the life is strange fandom, because it's my favourite game of all time. i dont read fanfiction or interact with other fans much, just... observe and theorise.

I find the Sailor Moon fandom is pretty non-toxic. In my experience, everyone seems to agree on mostly the same things and there's not many disagreements or conflict in the fandom. It's probably got something to do with the basis of the show, and it's friendly and heartwarming nature, but yeah i'd say it's a nice fandom. Fandoms that can get pretty toxic are ones related to youtubers, and i've seen little things blow up into something bigger in a matter of seconds. The Overwatch fandom is nice at times too, but not always.

I was a belieber.
I am just not obsessed with him (JB) like I used to be.

Being a part of a fandom is amazing. I was waiting for three hours outside, and I met this girl! She was one of the nicest people I have ever met. We talked like we already talked before and it was awesome. I am still kinda upset I could never find her twitter :/ (she didn't have her phone or wifi don't remember which)

Her mom took pictures of us on her camera though so I am sure she remembers me.

Twitters bad tho... they're all so ****ing vile.

Last edited:
The first fandom I was a part of was the BBC Sherlock fandom, which is (in my opinion) one of the most toxic fandoms of them all. It's so annoying. Johnlock shippers will literally twist and contort anything into being a sign that John and Sherlock are undoubtedly in love, and they will go so far as to scream and cry at anybody who dares ship anything else. Especially Sherlolly shippers. They were so wrapped up in their ship that they hated a complex, interesting character (Mary Morstan) whenever she was introduced in season 3, and they threw such a huge fit about season 4 that some of them denounced the show. All because their ship was not made canon! They'll say that the creators are huge homophobes, when in fact one of them is even gay himself. It's very toxic in my opinion. Makes me cringe to think I was a part of it so long ago, but then again, I was 13...

I'm a part of one fandom now, and it's probably the strangest one you could ever think of. South Park. I used to watch it with my uncle, and as silly as it sounds, the fandom is quite lovely. It's not toxic - everybody is kind to one another and there's so few of us that it's very close knit. A little dead at the moment, but I have hopes that it'll revive with the next season. Nobody was more surprised than me to find that it was endlessly enjoyable to either RP, write or make art for that fandom, but it is. It's beautiful. I've been apart of it for 4 years, and my love for it still hasn't died.

They're ok. Like ANY group of people, there are some who take it too far but they don't represent the majority. It's also quite easy to separate a fandom from whatever source material it's based on so I never understood how people let a group ruin something for them. It seems to be used as an excuse to hate on people, feel self-righteous, and basically be really insecure and ****ty. Can't really say I'm not involved in a fandom being I post here although in my experience the Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley communities seem to be overall really nice. With the exception of that always-present minority of troubled folks anyway. ;)

What this fandom is at the end of a day: A group of people who play a game designed and marketed towards 10-year-olds. A silly game with quirky, chibi animal people in a world full of cutesy innocence and wholesomeness. Strangely enough nobody has ever accused me of being a pedophile (or a furry) for enjoying this game. :p

Back