• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What kind of 3ds do you play Animal Crossing on?

I play on the pink and white old 3DS XL. I bought like 3/4? years ago when ACNL came out.

I actually play on the ACNL patterned 3DS XL that came bundled with the game downloaded on it :3 It was on sale during the time when I went to buy my 3DS and since I had planned to buy a 3DS plus ACNL and Pok?mon, I ended up saving some money by choosing that bundle. Plus, the pattern appealed to me since it's very cute and playful without being overly so. I still like how it looks and playing ACNL on it feels super immersive and themed, haha!

i play on a black old 3ds, i really want one of the new ones but theyre just so expensive :(

Last edited:
i play on the galaxy new 3ds xl !! i got it recently for graduation, it looks rly nice on it :eek:

White New 3DS with Pikachu cover plates.

My first game was Pilotwings Resort and possibly also Nintendogs + Cats? I think there might have been an event for the release of the original 3DS where you got two of the launch games for a reduced price, and if so, I got both of them right away, but if not, I started out with Pilotwings Resort.

HHD New 3DS for playing Ruddyoak
Pink/White 3DS XL with Peter Rabbit plates for playing Goblin
Black 3DSXL (nicknamed "Ferdinand") for playing AHS
Zelda o3DS for babysitting my mom's town
And I recently purchased a Galaxy New 3DS XL.

I know I have a crazy number of systems, but the HHD one was a gift, and one ("Ferdinand") was purchased used from eBay.

My first 3DS game was ACNL! I bought my mom and I matching Zelda 3DS's, specifically for playing ACNL.
My first ever Nintendo handheld game was Link's Awakening, for the original GameBoy. (It came with Tetris, too.)

i first got the pearl pink 3ds back in 2011 when it was released, and my first game was Nintendogs+Cats lmao
& christmas 2015 i got the new white 3ds with the cute little isabelle templates!

Just got the Galaxy 3DS so that's what I'm playing it on! And it matches pretty well with the Espeon and Umbreon theme which makes me super happy.

purple 3DS and a white and green 2DS

Back