• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

I think I'll add a rule to this game about mass claims, I don't want people getting upset or getting bored of the game because everybody claims.

It makes the game unfair and unplayable for scum.

1. Rule about mass claims in the community.

2. Better method to handle mass claims as scum.

I'm pretty sure it's not necessary to have a rule about mass claiming. The issue with the last few games is that there has been a weak townie/PR ratio causing mass claiming to make scum much more open.

Half the player list should be townies, 1.25 blues per every 5 players, and 1 scum per 5 players (4 scum if it's 17+ players is acceptable)

Are people okay with this?

You can only claim when:

- You are about to get lynched, doesn't matter what day or night it is.
- After night phases, so this means you cant claim on Day 1, Night 1, Night 2 e.t.c.
- When you have a plan in mind, if I find out you don't then you will get a warning.
- Counterclaim.

You cannot claim when:

- You are being sussed/scum read, it's part of the game and you should be prepared for it. You are not being set for a lynch so it's not necessary.
- When you are getting bored of the game, ask for a replacement.
- For no reason in particular, it leads to other players (mostly newer players) claiming.
- If you realize/think someone is scum on night 1.

If you are being pressured and claim I hope people don't hold it against you for doing so, it's hard to handle and claiming can make it easier but try your best not to claim. :)
I would not be okay with this. I'll write why in a bit but basically it's a massively subjective standard that creates more problems than it solves.

And just sayin', not letting people claim whenever kinda takes away from the game a bit. Example: Cop found scum, but can't claim because of the rules. Veteran was hit last night, but can't claim because of the rules. Townie wants to say their role name without revealing their townie, but can't because of rule.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

There isn't really anyway around it then, oh well.

Mafia players have won as scum before so they should be able to win, mass claims make it harder but rules about mass claims make it harder for town.

Last edited:

Mafia players have won as scum before so they should be able to win, mass claims make it harder but rules about mass claims make it harder for town.

The setups are the problem, not the players. Fix the setup and you don't have problems.

Basically the issue with defining what a roleclaim is that it's really subjective and there's no good way around that. I wouldn't bother with defining it because making an objective standard is about as likely Half Life 3 will come out tomorrow.

The solution is to:

- use more Vanilla Townies (this could lead to BTS though--bored townie syndrome, not the kpop group)
- use duplicate PRs (two one-shot Vigilantes as opposed to one two-shot vigilante)
- stop giving roles a flavor name (instead of "707 the Sheriff", just "the Sheriff"--this only applies to closed setups since otherwise there's no difference)

Last edited:

I know it's your first time hosting, so I highly recommend you read "Karla's tips to hosting" in the mafia general thread to make sure it isn't unbalanced.

Also make me 3rd party 3rd time in a row for good luck. :lemon:

>wants to take a break from mafia
>sees Pok?mon themed game

:thinking: to in or not to in

Last edited:
I know it's your first time hosting, so I highly recommend you read "Karla's tips to hosting" in the mafia general thread to make sure it isn't unbalanced.

Also make me 3rd party 3rd time in a row for good luck. :lemon:

A lot of the games have been either scum sided or town sided recently, I hope my game is neutral and a bit better.

I'm sure my balancing is good though. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really do not want to take fun away from the game for either side.

Last edited:
>wants to take a break from mafia
>sees Pok?mon themed game

:thinking: to in or not to in

Think of the Amphibian family. ;w;

All the little froggies!

- - - Post Merge - - -

And the mud fishies.

I like that idea to be honest. :)

I was thinking of creating my own power roles for my own line of games as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Their not in this game though. Don't worry lol.

Last edited:
I would definitely play a Mountainous game, I'm just concerned about others getting bored and stuff.

Edit: WOOOO 12000 posts.

Last edited:
Are you guys trying to make me do this set up?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stop it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stop it.
I don't think it'd be good to go from 6 PRs to no PRs, but I think it's something that would be good down the line.

I would definitely play a Mountainous game, I'm just concerned about others getting bored and stuff.

Edit: WOOOO 12000 posts.

i assume only people committed to the game would sign up, since people are gonna know what the setup entails

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stop it.

uh no we're just discussing

okay...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sure it would be an interesting set up to play in, don't want to make one based on it with the games I have planned.

Last edited:
Back