Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

I can see what you mean by careful from his other posts but honestly asking for a mass claim seems like the last thing a sane mafia would do

Is anybody really going to go along with a Day 1 mass claim, though? That ruins all the fun of the game, and quite frankly, it's dumb to do from a Town perspective as well.

why not

it hasn't happened in a while and I think it'll be fun

if anything mass claiming d2 or d3 ruins the fun more than doing it d1, since it makes it harder for maf when there's less townsfolk

@Ness - I find that information interesting, and seeing the shift in posting-style makes me suspicious of not only Apple, but Dolby as well, who had a Town lean on Apple based on his meta. At any rate, both of them should be looked into, Dolby to a greater extent if Apple happens to flip scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like Dolby would have been able to see a shift in play-style as blatant as that, so the fact that it's brushed to the side and is assumed to be similar meta is actually quite suspect.

Istg Cleb, yeah, I metad his first post and thought it was town, but have you, or frankly anybody, actually read my posts? No I did not give him a free pass, but moreover, I don't like the fact that Ness failed to include relevant scum games. Gimme like half an hour and I'll look into SU more. But anyway, relevant post, and Trundle, looking at his town play again, honestly seems like he'd mass claim (mainly I think because he prefers the openness in PM setups)
We shouldn't be mass-claiming, especially given we likely have 2 KP. Trundles early claim makes me think that he's rolefishing given the amount of weight he puts in trying (and failing) to bluesnipe as maf. Idk, though. Overall, said suggestion just moved him to a scumlean, but that first post felt pretty townie
Anyway, I'm back to null on him. Just gimme some time to take a look through his SU filter. I remember in a game a year earlier I miscatagorized him meta after he slipped, so gonna look at his D1 in that game only

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, yeah, we're not mass-claiming

why not

it hasn't happened in a while and I think it'll be fun

if anything mass claiming d2 or d3 ruins the fun more than doing it d1, since it makes it harder for maf when there's less townsfolk

I do not agree with this at all. All a mass claim on day 1 would do is reveal blue roles to the Mafia.

Honestly starting to get a bit sick of everyone talking about massclaiming. Literally just play like we would any other game.

someone tell me who to vote for

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do not agree with this at all. All a mass claim on day 1 would do is reveal blue roles to the Mafia.

Honestly starting to get a bit sick of everyone talking about massclaiming. Literally just play like we would any other game.

b o r i n g

I didn't include Trundle from SU mafia because I didn't know about Trundle playing in Steven Universe mafia. I have 0 clue what even happened in that game.

Mass claims are allowed, it just ruins the game for scum and other players who dislike it. I want everyone to have fun and not get mad so it would be nice if mass claiming was a last resort. You can mass claim if you want but I was being considerate of the scum players when I sent out the PM saying you shouldn't say anything about your role in the PREGAME because it could be indicative of your alignment and the game hadn't started.

The only rule about claims is that you dont discuss flavour text, mass claims are allowed but if you want to have a fun game you shouldn't do it.

The reason why I've been concerned with it is because it's ruined previous games for many players and I don't want that to happen again.

ITS UP TO YOU GUYS AS YOU ARE THE PARTICIPANTS! :)

can someone say most intrusive host ever

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's the problem, though. From what I've seen, Apple tends to not give away what he's thinking in making more cryptic posts, with less content, while still getting the point across that he scum-reads some people and town-reads others. You could see a mix of that and his more careful style in SU2 Mafia, but there was a fairly large shift after he made his scum slip from care-free to careful. You can see that he's playing carefully from the start in this game.

Do you think I'm actually playing carefully or are you just baiting for a reaction?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, it would give the mafia PRs, but it would also narrow down who the mafia could be by a large amount. Mafia typically only claims townie (depending on the setup I suppose, not sure what kind of safe claims they would be given, if any), so you need to just discern the obviously town townies from the scum who claimed townies. Townies are some of the easiest people to tell in the game because they don't need to be afraid of dying or showing their role. That's why a distinction between blue and mafia is useful - they're hard to tell apart in the first place. How often do you see someone call someone out as either blue or mafia? There's a reason for that.

Looking back, I feel like Trundle would be acting differently from both themeless and SU due to the context of both games. Themeless was overly nooby, with easily swayed townies and pretty much every experienced player except him and Panda were maf (which isn't conductive to making good reads, since he described himself in the past as "not being able to tell the difference between new town and scum"). However, Trundle was notably inactive. While SU pretty much forced him to be active, making something like 100+ posts in under 48 hours. And, 24 hours into said game as scum, he actually posted a pretty complete reads list for 24 hours in

1. xCleb - Town reading as of last post on previous page. Contribution is very high and I am seeing no red flags.
2. Dolby - Very neutral. Dolby plays a very good and neutral scum and town from what I remember (other than the Mini Mafia where he just went AFK and oath cleared him for whatever reason). Read-wise, I can see legitimacy in his posts however I'm a natural skeptic.
3. Ayaya - Town. I think the skepticism in Ayaya's posts is genuine, however I don't like that you don't even have a single town read yet. If you were lynched or died N1 we would have little to no information to go off of.
4. Heyden - Leaning town. I haven't seen any red flags but more neutral than town.
5. Zendel - Leaning scum. Again, his posts reek of fake and his post quantity vs post quality is very quantity sided.
6. Mogyay - Neutral, I haven't seen anything notable.
7. SensaiGallade - Noob town. The fact they town read me even though all the people I would consider town (and pretty much everyone in the game) is scum leaning me goes to show me I'm playing like a ****** (probably from my stress this week but I really don't know) and Sensai doesn't pick up on it.
8. Yzanda - Neutral
9. Ashvenn - Neutral
10. Byngo - This is hard to say. Byngo has been picking on me a lot this game so far but I don't really see a proper reason. Semantics such as "why are you sus of this person more than this person" or the so called "contradiction". I think Scum Mom is on to a lot with her early game reads, but Zendel was still my priority. All in all, I agreed with scum mom's reads, but that doesn't mean scum mom's reads are my exact reads.
11. Toadsworthy - Definitely leaning mafia for Toadsworthy as well. There has been a bit of inconsistency with his posts and red flags are poppin'.
12. Kirbystarship - Thinking town, but I am now kinda wondering where he disappeared to. He wasn't under pressure or anything. He did make that one really stupid post though.
13. Brijade07 - Leaning town
14. Uttumori - To be honest I haven't read any of Uttumori's posts, I just skip them
15. Curry - I haven't seen anything from Curry yet, which raises flags in itself.
16. Arstotzkan - Town leaning
17. PandaDarling - I don't know to be honest, Panda, I'm not gonna bother
18. KermitTea - I have thought about this for like 10 seconds now and I don't know what I think so I'm putting neutral, screw you Karen
19. Qwerty111 - Leaning town
20. Apple2013 - I'm a shapeshifter one shot vigilante haha xD memes

- - - Post Merge - - -

I forgot to color code it rip me ffs

This is like super weak and stuff, but I have to go right now, but TL;DR. I see more similarities in Trundle to Themeless than SU

Are you going to give reasoning or just keep saying their scum

All I'm saying is that with how he is so reluctant to confirm to deny anyone in his reads makes him seem pretty fishy. It's a common scum tactic, I use it literally every game when I'm mafia.

ex: "Ness seems kinda scummy right now with his last post. However with how he posted last game I think he's probably town right now."

You essentially contradict yourself to remain neutral but still look like you're providing content in the game.

Thinking about, I'm actually surprised how easily Cleb was swayed by the meta aspect of meta's argument. Kinda makes me think inno Ness and Trundle with guilty Cleb

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok, we have 2 hours left at this point. My current prefered lynch is FN1, but honestly, it feels like a policy

thoughts on game so far.

I didn't like how Appples claimed very quickly and not that much sus was on him.

Think Jacob made a mistake on sussing Bowie and he wasn't in playerlist.

Ninja seems to be laying low kinda sus right now cause of this.

Bianca didn't like how you contradict yourself.

Cleb still think you're scum the only player you seem to push is me, when you're town you focus on more than 1 players at once and you ask them a lot of questions and don't seem that from you.

Sensai seems to only post when he is getting sussed on.

Dolby is back at null for me.

Ness is likely town, don't feel him being commanding in his posts.

Kermittea is town or TP

players I haven't talked about still need to read more in to you.

Vote will likely be on apple/cleb/ninja/bianca feel like scum is in this group of 4.

- - - Post Merge - - -

forgot to add sensai as well.

Feel like scum is in this group of 5

thoughts on game so far.

I didn't like how Appples claimed very quickly and not that much sus was on him.

Think Jacob made a mistake on sussing Bowie and he wasn't in playerlist.

Ninja seems to be laying low kinda sus right now cause of this.

Bianca didn't like how you contradict yourself.

Cleb still think you're scum the only player you seem to push is me, when you're town you focus on more than 1 players at once and you ask them a lot of questions and don't seem that from you.

Sensai seems to only post when he is getting sussed on.

Dolby is back at null for me.

Ness is likely town, don't feel him being commanding in his posts.

Kermittea is town or TP

players I haven't talked about still need to read more in to you.

Vote will likely be on apple/cleb/ninja/bianca feel like scum is in this group of 4.

- - - Post Merge - - -

forgot to add sensai as well.

Feel like scum is in this group of 5

im on mobile and am heading home but didnt you say you thought jacobs bowie slip was an honest mistake?

also im disappointed in FN, but if he decided to do this ****ty playstyle even before the game started then fine. at least post your thoughts. will try to get my thoughts in order once im home

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait oh **** day ends at 3PM PST? im not going to make it in time

You know if you didn't get pissed off every time I say something that has anything to do with you maybe you'd see where I'm coming from. Literally if I hadn't said anything and linked you to it you probably wouldn't have done nearly as much as you have nearly as much to prove the idea wrong than you did. The game doesn't revolve around you, Dolby. Learn to take some opposing viewpoints and don't just OMGUS if you just so happen to prove those points incorrect.

In regards to the actual argument, Apple's activity certainly saw a huge spike in SU2, though I still believe the similarities of his pre-lynch play are showing many similarities to the way he's playing now. Even at one point, some of his posts before that Day show similarities to this game, being much more fleshed out than typical posts from him. From my perspective, activity generally means very little toward figuring out an alignment, especially when you're looking at more experienced players (like Apple himself). All activity really changes is the scale in which we can look at difference between one game and another, which in turn can lead to more or better information. The raw numbers just don't do all that much.

Also, in regards to comparing his activity in the two games, scaling them together shows that he wasn't all that inactive in Themeless like you suggest he was. The game is nearly three times shorter, so of course he's going to have fewer posts. By the time he died in SU2 and Themeless, there were about 1600 and 750 posts already made, respectively, so sure, he was less active in Themeless, but it's not to the extent that you make it out to be.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can you read?

All I'm saying is that with how he is so reluctant to confirm to deny anyone in his reads makes him seem pretty fishy. It's a common scum tactic, I use it literally every game when I'm mafia.

ex: "Ness seems kinda scummy right now with his last post. However with how he posted last game I think he's probably town right now."

You essentially contradict yourself to remain neutral but still look like you're providing content in the game.

this is the trundle we all know and love!

i didnt read faorbis post yet i think, but good catch. very wishy washy as toad would like to put it.

he has little conviction. on a side note, if we do lynch farobi i dont see him making it back in time.

Also I know I just said that activity in raw numbers wasn't a very good argument to make, but that's a point that still needs to be proven, because even if raw numbers were useful in this case, they wouldn't be because the scale is too similar between the two games.

Back