Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

We shouldn't be mass-claiming, especially given we likely have 2 KP. Trundles early claim makes me think that he's rolefishing given the amount of weight he puts in trying (and failing) to bluesnipe as maf. Idk, though. Overall, said suggestion just moved him to a scumlean, but that first post felt pretty townie

You realize 99% of mafia games is inductive reasoning, right? Unless you know for sure they are scum through a detective result, it is inductive.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Because Zendel is anti-mass claim and I think we should do a mass claim just to see how he reacts.
Shoot you're right I need to reconsider this.

I'm currently looking back and trying to see if mass-claiming is something that town Trundle would suggest

I'm currently looking back and trying to see if mass-claiming is something that town Trundle would suggest

In PM games I was usually the collector of mass claims through PMs. I am not sure if I ever have suggested mass claims as town or not, I think I did though in early non-PM games.

Mass claims are allowed, it just ruins the game for scum and other players who dislike it. I want everyone to have fun and not get mad so it would be nice if mass claiming was a last resort. You can mass claim if you want but I was being considerate of the scum players when I sent out the PM saying you shouldn't say anything about your role in the PREGAME because it could be indicative of your alignment and the game hadn't started.

The only rule about claims is that you dont discuss flavour text, mass claims are allowed but if you want to have a fun game you shouldn't do it.

The reason why I've been concerned with it is because it's ruined previous games for many players and I don't want that to happen again.

ITS UP TO YOU GUYS AS YOU ARE THE PARTICIPANTS! :)

Zendel, pretty sure it's 4 hours 50 minutes from now, not 3 hours 50. driving home, honestly can see Trundle stating that, though I have to find posts, I distinctly remember him saying something about "this is the point where people mass claim to me" in OW mafia (a non-PM game) as town

Zendel, pretty sure it's 4 hours 50 minutes from now, not 3 hours 50. driving home, honestly can see Trundle stating that, though I have to find posts, I distinctly remember him saying something about "this is the point where people mass claim to me" in OW mafia (a non-PM game) as town

Omg, forgot Spain is one hour ahead! Oops, thanks for reminding me.

Okay, heres my thoughts right now:

I believe that Apples2013 is scum. I believe this mostly in part to this post:

I kinda hate how Zendel is trying to moderate the game in how people claim. Are you saying we can't mass claim if we want to?

I'm Professor Kukui, a Townie.

I haven't read into any of the last 10 pages very well at all, but if I had to guess a scum, I would say Farobi is one.

He has absolutely 0 reasons to have claimed here other than attempting to start a mass-claim (which for the most part has worked with Kermit claiming townie, stop.). I can see scum!Apples getting nervous over people like Kallie getting suspicious of his inactivity so he resorts to claiming, having the idea that if he claims he'll be able to get other people to claim as well.

Furthermore, Apples is NOT playing like a townie.

The last game that Apples played in was Themeless mafia and he was townie in that game, and he played a LOT differently on D1 in that game than he is now. This game he has 5 posts and he has already claimed Townie, while in Themeless he made a ton s***posts and tried baiting people with reaction tests with a much more playful tone. I do not see that at all from Trundle right now.

Hey, I'm a Townie

He does claim townie in the beginning, but he does this differently than he is this game. He did this as a reaction test, which I do not see from Trundle this game (as he openly confirmed it instead).

Why is no one taking my bait

I'm not gonna pretend I've read the thread yet but I bet Uttomori is scum

Godfather?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just started reading the thread, I take back what I said on Uttumori (also sorry for spelling your name wrong the first time)

To be honest I'm just spewing **** everywhere and seeing what happens

i know who i'm voting for

You think me voting for someone is indicative of me being mafia?

WHAT

I think the fact that she even made the joke is a lot more prevalent than the joke's content

From there on out it gets more serious. As you can see, majority of his posts in this game have been lighthearted and playful.

I'm townreading Dolby pretty hard right now, his posts feel very similar to all the last few games where he has also been town. However, not seeing his mafia play in awhile makes me nervous. I'm pinning him as town until I have reason to think otherwise.

As for Jacob, I would not have noticed anything if people didn't call it out, but there does seem to be a little hint of apprehensiveness there. The kind of feeling you might get when you want to say one thing but you don't want to out your scum buddies by saying it, so you leave all possibilities open. That's how I felt with his post on xCleb.

As for KermitTea, I'm not sure. She has essentially claimed non-townie thus far but what that entails I'm not sure.

Questions for me?

Obviously, right off the bat he's playing a lot more serious than he was in themeless.

I kinda hate how Zendel is trying to moderate the game in how people claim. Are you saying we can't mass claim if we want to?

I'm Professor Kukui, a Townie.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't read into any of the last 10 pages very well at all, but if I had to guess a scum, I would say Farobi is one.

I don't think I've ever rando-claimed as scum D1, if I ever claim as scum I'm in a bind or need to bus a teammate.

Wanted to address the above quote: it is true that Apples hasn't randomly claimed as scum day 1, but I have seen him claim for little reasoning besides making himself look townish before. (See Game of Thrones mafia where he claimed Vigilante at the start of D2 to attempt to make himself clear)

For today, I am voting Apples. If not, I would be fine with a FireNinja or Kirby lynch. Also, we are not NLing @FireNinja1.

@Ness - I find that information interesting, and seeing the shift in posting-style makes me suspicious of not only Apple, but Dolby as well, who had a Town lean on Apple based on his meta. At any rate, both of them should be looked into, Dolby to a greater extent if Apple happens to flip scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like Dolby would have been able to see a shift in play-style as blatant as that, so the fact that it's brushed to the side and is assumed to be similar meta is actually quite suspect.

but dude apple wasn't like this when he was scum in (su?) mafia

he posted rly carefully like a "normal" townie would and defended townsfolk who were up for lynching

but dude apple wasn't like this when he was scum in (su?) mafia

he posted rly carefully like a "normal" townie would and defended townsfolk who were up for lynching

That's the problem, though. From what I've seen, Apple tends to not give away what he's thinking in making more cryptic posts, with less content, while still getting the point across that he scum-reads some people and town-reads others. You could see a mix of that and his more careful style in SU2 Mafia, but there was a fairly large shift after he made his scum slip from care-free to careful. You can see that he's playing carefully from the start in this game.

Back