• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

No, Kirby said that I was being inactive, which apparently means I'm scum.

Haha what? You have been posting a lot more than people like Fireninja or Chick or even Trundle. This makes no sense to me...

Anyway we have around 24 hours left so I'd like to hear what everyone's thoughts on lynch today is.

I will probably vote tonight before I leave tomorow, right now I want to hear more from trundle since he seems quieter than usual to me.

I suppose pocketing is a poor way to say that; what I meant was the opposite of that, in a way. The way that I was scum-read was extremely dismissive in that case. The same goes for Trundle in one of his posts.

Wasn't Trundle scumleaning you for interactions and not being open in your posting?
Wait Dolby I've done nothing this game, why are you scum reading me?

That's the point, you've done nothing

Anyway we have around 24 hours left so I'd like to hear what everyone's thoughts on lynch today is.

If I had to select somebody relatively active, I'd pick either Bianca or FN. However, we still have more than a handful of inactives

That's exactly my point. Based on how slow the Day has gone so far, there's no way anybody can say that I'm not being active. Kirby is sitting here and pulling from absolutely nothing, and sitting here saying that my activity in past games is going to make a difference for this game. I'm calling BS on that, and it's making them my top scum-read right now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wasn't Trundle scumleaning you for interactions and not being open in your posting?
From what I understood, his scum-lean on me was indirect through one of Jacob's posts, not any of my posts.

I'm still iffy about Jacob being suspicious of Bowie for not even playing, more so now because even if he was in the game that implies that Jacob just said he was suspicious of someone for not even giving any content.

If I had to say, I think there might be scum in FireNinja and Jacob, possibly Kirby. I'm null on Dolby/Cleb right now. I'm also townleaning Kermit, Kallie and Waffles right now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Bianca is town.

we need to hear from toadderpy..he's the only one who hasn't posted yet i think

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I had to select somebody relatively active, I'd pick either Bianca or FN. However, we still have more than a handful of inactives

I'd suggest lynching the inactives first ? lol...Dolby , please stop picking on me lol..you can pick on FN i dont mind lol

Aww, eventhough I voted for you in the beginning? Ok im deep pocketed right now! I am townleaning you today Ness!!

@Bianca Reason I'm townleaning you is because the vote itself, it's my golden town tell that the first person in the game who votes is very likely Town.

@Bianca Reason I'm townleaning you is because the vote itself, it's my golden town tell that the first person in the game who votes is very likely Town.

I know! I saw your post! :) Really, for me , if I am town, and someone townreads me, then they must be town as well. That is what I am going by for now : -)

I'm still iffy about Jacob being suspicious of Bowie for not even playing, more so now because even if he was in the game that implies that Jacob just said he was suspicious of someone for not even giving any content.

If I had to say, I think there might be scum in FireNinja and Jacob, possibly Kirby. I'm null on Dolby/Cleb right now. I'm also townleaning Kermit, Kallie and Waffles right now.

I somewhat agree but only on the basis that he didn't really have any reasoning or conviction behind his thoughts about X being scum besides "they always feel scum to me". Somewhat reminds me of a policy lynch. I do believe he thought Bowie was in this game by accident though.

@Dolby after practically 2 years do you really think Jacob would make the same mistake as town? And wasn't that practically his first game?

However, amount of games played doesn't mean too much if you weren't active or did anything in them. You could be a bad player and have 50 games played.

Thoughts on this game so far.

I think there might be scum in Kermittea

Why?

Bianca posts feel wishy washy. I think she kinda posts without reading the post she is going to post.

To be honest, thats the impression I got from you given you called Cleb inactive....

guess I'm not playing my usual self.
I'm lazy when I get a bad role.

This isnt specific to this game, but I really hate this attitude among people because they didn't get an exciting role. The fun part of mafia should be the cases and logic, not what you do at night.

I'm kinda uneasy with how quickly everybody but Kermit jumped on the whole Jacob/Bowie thing. Mistaking somebody for being in the game is not particularly alignment-indictative, and the fact that so quite a few people jumped on him for such weak logic make me inclined to townlean him.

I'm a bit worried he's already giving lazy reasons for his posts. My problem isn't how he thought Bowie was in the game. My problem is that he basically listed a random person as how he feels is "scum" and posted that in order to be seen as contributing or posting his thoughts. It seemed rather lazy, he didnt even give a good reason for Bowie being scum besides "I always get scummy vibes."

It's very lazy and an easy cop out.

Jacob is townleaned for being to much steam on not enough content.

I don't understand this sentence.

Wait Dolby I've done nothing this game, why are you scum reading me?
Yeah, if you have done nothing this whole game then either you get lynched or stop playing because it makes games harder. Do something, say something, do anything really....

Why Bianca? Her posting style seems the same to me from last game.. but then again its not very hard to fake, as evidenced by Heyden.

we need to hear from toadderpy..he's the only one who hasn't posted yet i think

He already posted.

- - - Post Merge - - -

a scum will try to scumread a town person, so your actions are suggestive of being less scummy

That's...not how most smart scum work... That's very stupid. They want to get on town's good sides too because it puts more trust. I always townread people I wanted as allies as scum because it made them easier to trust me and they thought of me as an ally.

@kallie - It's not my duty to make things easier for anyone here. While yes, it would be nice if I did that and just straight powertowned, I don't feel like doing that this game. I play how I'd like to play.

@kallie - It's not my duty to make things easier for anyone here. While yes, it would be nice if I did that and just straight powertowned, I don't feel like doing that this game. I play how I'd like to play.

I meant if everyones inactive and useless, we all just start policy lynching or people have no idea over many games whether they should lynch you or not because you're inactive. If you don't post, people have no idea if you're being your usual self again or if you're mafia or whatever. This is how inactive mafia nubs get by because people get tired of suspecting them and just leave them alone.

Also, you don't need to powertown but you need to at least be posting your thoughts and trying to join in on the conversation. If you're town, your best interest should be having a productive day and finding scum, not being selfish.

toadderpy is toadsworthy isn it? okay we must use the real usernames okay zendel!! lol u r confusing me...what if there are two toads?

@kallie- ...that read is actually for Ness lol...he was acting less scummy than last game. so I have a reason to believe he might be town..

toadderpy is toadsworthy isn it? okay we must use the real usernames okay zendel!! lol u r confusing me...what if there are two toads?

@kallie- ...that read is actually for Ness lol...he was acting less scummy than last game. so I have a reason to believe he might be town..

Summary:
- Everyone post except Chick
- My townreading on Dolby is hard as well from the previous games I had with him 2 years ago if I remember correctly hes not the type of person who leads the game well I can see he's improving and more experienced than I am. For Kermit (aka Karen) I think shes a "third party" or a town side for now I dunno if anyone reads the quote (too lazy to link the quote go find it yourself)
-Some players jump on suspicion on Jacob/Bowie thing -> newb mistake

Can someone explain the roleclaiming role thing

ness u know if i was mafia i would be a little more careful!!!

Even scum makes mistakes too :lemon:

Intriguing but not buying this for now. Well for me it's just a "newb" mistake cuz Jacob wasn't reading the playerlist and wasn't aware that Bowie wasn't part of the game prolly cuz hes used to play mafia and Bowie was there in his previous games. Imma let him go for now

Aww, eventhough I voted for you in the beginning? Ok im deep pocketed right now! I am townleaning you today Ness!!

I know! I saw your post! :) Really, for me , if I am town, and someone townreads me, then they must be town as well. That is what I am going by for now : -)

Just because he said you're inno that doesn't mean he's town too you're better than that darling. What if a player is playing tricks on you so you'll think s/hes town but hey just a newbie advise just saying tho and I didn't say Ness is scum

Thoughts on this game so far.

I think Kermittea is town or TP I don't think she would try and do it early if she was scum.

I think there might be scum in Kermittea or Cleb
tumblr_inline_oq3zeagMB71qfb043_540.gif
Bruh I dunno anymore
Anyway about Kermittea and Cleb part can you explain why?

"a scum will try to scumread a town person, so your actions are suggestive of being less scummy"

???? how does that logic apply to Ness specifically? Even Ness said it was foolish. I was just trying to say thats a very bad reason to use on trusting people, that goes for any game where you are town.

@Kallie, I don't like the early vote on Ness as a placeholder, and a contradiction in one of her posts in Kermit/Cleb interactions. Kinda would rather have an inactive lynch though

Btw I have a very good feeling we'll probably get dan as a replacement for chick later on because it doesn't seem like Chick is playing

Back