• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
alola-islands720-pokemon-sun-moon-700x354.jpg

Day 2

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town
than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia kills and other players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, as well as their new suspicions, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Game Setup

Outside of Thread Communication
You are not allowed to PM other users about the game.
Day/Night Cycle
Days will be 48 hours long, with nights at 24 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 12am GMT, and results will be posted within an hour or at 1am GMT. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later in the game.
Replacements
This game will use replacements until day 3.
Roles
The list of possible roles is unknown.

This is an experimental game, a few things may differ from other games. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN PLAYING!

General Mafia Rules
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Mod Font:
Important posts will be in bold. No colour
[/B]Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Activity: You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game. You also must vote once every two days

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.

Observers' Chat:
While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Voting

This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In the cas

Last edited:
Pregame​

At the Festival in Iki Town everybody celebrated the arrival of the new and fresh Trainers.
The night was wild, trainers and Pok?mon joined in the fun until....a mysterious cosmic energy exploded and delivered two beings.
Soon, the townspeople would see a gang in black surrounding them. They demanded that those two beings be handed over.
The townspeople fought back and scared of the troublesome bunch but Iki town was never the same, a peaceful area had experienced trouble for the first time since the Island Deity went feral.

The gang was scared off but they were still present on Melemele Island, not knowing where the two beings they wanted are, they decided to search until they fulfilled their mission...will they succeed?

1325317RMLrysVA.jpg

Last edited:
as much as I want to play in this... /obs since I'll be on vacation all of next week and I don't want to commit when I might not be online too often!

Sign ups for this game have begun, I advise everyone here to only sign up after you've had a break but if it's not necessary go ahead and sign up!

I really hope you guys enjoy this game and I hope my hosting skills will be decent for a first timer. :)

I'll /in only on the condition that there isn't 5 blues, 4 scum and 2 third party's.

Aiming for seventeen players, I may reduce the number later if we can't get that amount of players.

Last edited:
In

Let's not be so spammy or quick to maj this time
Also don't to have to compete with Zendal for the RQS ;)

If you guys have any nicknames let me know and I'll add them. :)

Back