• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

If she doesn't post during Day 2 then yes.

ok guys assuming chick gets modkilled (inb4 she posts right at the end of d2 LUL) who else

this day has been very quiet and its worrying coz i think everyone was like w/e.

im still going with my theory of paranoid granny buff

but what if this is reverse psychology... aaaaaaa..... i feel like dolby would try to do something like this but i think i noticed a difference in his scum/town play from his tone and im not seeing it here so for now.. i townread him.

kinda wanna lynch sensai but i would have to look at his games. i spent all last night looking at dolbys games so to me i trust him for now unless its a coincidence his tone changed that drastically.

She will be replaced/ mod killed if she just swoops in at the end anyway, it's clear what her intentions are by then.

Chick must make a genuine effort on Day 2 otherwise she will be removed from the game.

kallie
KermitTea
N e s s
Farobi

ITookYourWaffles
SensaiGallade
Jacob
Dolby
Apple2013

FireNinja1
Toadsworthy

Kirby

I want to bring this back because perhaps it could be indicative of some clues. If I were to add to this, I'd add ITookYourWaffles & Damniel (ex-Jacob) to be town-aligned. Trundle and Dolby I have no idea still.

Leaving the bottom 3 people in the list to be my personal candidates for lynch today, along with Sensai.

It's easy to claim frame, but my town reads on the others hold more weight than these four right now. For sure one of these people should be lynched.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay. I'm here. Gimme a sec to read the chat and I'll place my thoughts.

Which chat?

Also there's a high chance chick is scum. I was orginally asked to replace her, but I ended up replacing Jacob instead. Why chick's 1 post into the game is acceptable I have no clue, unless they're being active in a scum chat or something

Sorry, sorry. I'm a very busy person and recently, I've just been viewing the fair dates and etc, because I wanna enter. As I think you said before, I was Mafia in Bianca's game, but then I got very busy and I couldn't play and I had to sit a test and blah blah blah.

Now, to the actual point.
First and foremost, I'll admit that I'm townie, and if you think that I'm not, then fine. I can't magically turn your mind the other way, but I can persuade.
I believe that Kallie is the scum.
She is the one that accuses ANYONE. Reading over the chat, I see a big view over here.
I feel like she has accused me other than anybody else more in the game, just because I was away from the game. She's just playing the blame game, and finds absolutely any excuse to eliminate people. Now, take a look at all these accusing posts:

if chick doesnt post in 12 hours im assuming she is avoiding this game intentionally again and will vote for her
im sure she will be able to post "hmmm i think [person we just lynched] is town :/ xd xd" or "why are we lynching x?" and then disappear again and manage to avoid modkill
At the time I thought she was just joking/trolling, but if she was a cop she could look into whoever claimed townie and if they came back as something else blahblah. Or she could investigate a blue to see if they were lying or not.
Has chick played mafia before? Didn't they apply to host earlier? Their behavior of not caring about this game YET still wanting to stay and not be replaced (most bored players dgaf and will just leave the game) is interesting.

I agree otherwise with the potential scum list.

Imo I think Chick is a safe lynch because of my granny reasoning earlier.
"Activity: You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle. This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game. You also must vote once every two days"

:thinking:
that would be - chick, sensai, and the third I see being either ITYW or farobi. dout theres a 4th
and yeah i was expecting the replacement togo onto chick, not jacob. chick shouldve had higher priority since the ****er literally only posts right at the end.
Take a chill pill. We're not politicians debating over a new law.

To summarise my post, don't you see Kallie's random accusations? In my opinion, I feel that she's Scum, but she's trying to cover it up, using me, the puppet. I think she's trying to take advantage of the point that I was just not playing, and also that I'm a newbie. I'm not saying that she's the one who's only accusing me. She's accusing heaps and heaps of other people, very judgemental.

I also think chick is a safe lynch, however if kallie ends up mafia we are screwed here
Agreed. If you lynch me, then you're in trouble of a useless kill if Kallie ends up as the mafia. It's your decision, not entirely mine.

- - - Post Merge - - -

P.S. I'll promise to be more active now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

P.P.S. On the day I VM'd Zendel that I'd post, the thread was closed, so I couldn't.

Sorry, sorry. I'm a very busy person and recently, I've just been viewing the fair dates and etc, because I wanna enter. As I think you said before, I was Mafia in Bianca's game, but then I got very busy and I couldn't play and I had to sit a test and blah blah blah.

First and foremost, I'll admit that I'm townie, and if you think that I'm not, then fine. I can't magically turn your mind the other way, but I can persuade.
She is the one that accuses ANYONE. Reading over the chat, I see a big view over here.
I feel like she has accused me other than anybody else more in the game, just because I was away from the game. She's just playing the blame game, and finds absolutely any excuse to eliminate people. Now, take a look at all these accusing posts:

To summarise my post, don't you see Kallie's random accusations? In my opinion, I feel that she's Scum, but she's trying to cover it up, using me, the puppet. I think she's trying to take advantage of the point that I was just not playing, and also that I'm a newbie. I'm not saying that she's the one who's only accusing me. She's accusing heaps and heaps of other people, very judgemental.

Agreed. If you lynch me, then you're in trouble of a useless kill if Kallie ends up as the mafia. It's your decision, not entirely mine.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

P.P.S. On the day I VM'd Zendel that I'd post, the thread was closed, so I couldn't.

Its a very interesting case Chick, I don't think anyone else has pointed that out.

Assuming you've read the thread, what are your thoughts so far on the game and the players?

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

You realize coming in JUST to save your ass before you are modkilled or lynched and then disappearing without actually providing any content is exactly something a scum would do right? Like, if you're town, you are playing terribly. We are not going to win with townies like this.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ebwop: not that I actually believe the claim, but I'm on the fence

honestly, I'm surprised NO ONE is finding me sketchy lol, I've made like 5 posts besides leading a lynch on vigilante

the one thing that is sticking out to me is Dolby's scum leans list. There is no way all the scum are in that list without a more experienced player to balance it out (fire ninja I know has played a lot of games, but is still "new" if you get what I'm saying). Also Dolby takes a sentence out of every reads list to remind people why he thinks I'm town-leaning, despite me not really having any credibility for it tbh. I think its because he sees me saying I'm going to post reads and come back, knows I'm town, knows I will make myself look townier (when I actually follow through with my promises) and is trying to beat everyone to the punch. If this all makes sense. Dolby is a very smart player, and I don't get the same vibes as last game in this game, something feels way more calculated.

Not saying lets lynch him today, but I want everyone to keep that on your radar. I will post reads today, but I'm getting lunch now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Going more on my dolby suspicion, like I read the whole thread and not one person was talking about me, however Dolby is making it a point to comment on someone not even really relevant. Take last game where he focused primarily on Dad for the start of the game, and offered minimal about other people until we forced him too.

@toad - But I did think you as a candidate for lynch today just on the previous page FeelsIgnoredMan.

To make it clear, I'm up for lynching Sensai, FN1, Toad, Kirby in that order. And no comment on Chick's case yet.

@toad - But I did think you as a candidate for lynch today just on the previous page FeelsIgnoredMan.

To make it clear, I'm up for lynching Sensai, FN1, Toad, Kirby in that order. And no comment on Chick's case yet.

You included me (piggybacked off of someone else's reads I may add) but no one is really pointing out why I'm scummy...

You included me (piggybacked off of someone else's reads I may add) but no one is really pointing out why I'm scummy...
Not as much find you scummy than townleaning a bigger amount of people. Mafia is hard ?\_(ツ)_/?

- - - Post Merge - - -

But honestly you're right, the fact that not many other people aside from Cleb scum reading you is suspicious. Maybe mafia don't want to unnecessarily risk putting the pedestal in one of their teammates :lemon:

I remember xCleb and Apple's scumreads and your name is there on it now I dunno tho
night

- - - Post Merge - - -

yes im being lazy whole day kekthnxbye

@Toads, zendal's a first time host, and besides, there have been quite a few games recently where said model wasn't followed (namely, Fransice Wars as an example, however, I think this could also be extended to Mystic messenger, though I'm not sure if Kat played with Dad at any point). Point is, really don't think that Zendal follows that model of balancing.

Anyway, reason that I mention all my townleans so much is 1. A lot of them were getting heat (Trundle, Kirby, and Kermit), and, more importantly 2. I'm mainly using POE right now as a method of game-solving, and I believe that scum is in that list of 5. Also, you pretty much haven't been directly stated as a lynch target, and aren't particularly high on anybodies lists(except Cleb), so I don't really see how that's a good way to get towncred.

Also would like to point out on your Dad comment about last game, 1. I died N1 so that really isn't a good lenses to view my behavior through and, 2. that in OW I pretty much did the exact same thing to Endless and pretty much only looked at people through their connections to him

Anyway, for a lynch today, I would much prefer a lynch on Fireninja due to his difference in attitude towards the thread and level of effort put into this game. Chick's latest post seemed extremely OMGUS, which isn't alignment indicative, so I'm not sure where I want to put him on the list, but imo FN>Sensei>ITYW>Farobi for the rest of the people on my scumleans. Though ITYW's posts seem to have dropped quite a bit in quality recently

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

wtf does the third quote about karen have to do with yoy? lol

the best thing you can do is go after someone whos annoyed with your playstyle. like trundle said were not going to win with you like this lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

honestly, I'm surprised NO ONE is finding me sketchy lol, I've made like 5 posts besides leading a lynch on vigilante

the one thing that is sticking out to me is Dolby's scum leans list. There is no way all the scum are in that list without a more experienced player to balance it out (fire ninja I know has played a lot of games, but is still "new" if you get what I'm saying). Also Dolby takes a sentence out of every reads list to remind people why he thinks I'm town-leaning, despite me not really having any credibility for it tbh. I think its because he sees me saying I'm going to post reads and come back, knows I'm town, knows I will make myself look townier (when I actually follow through with my promises) and is trying to beat everyone to the punch. If this all makes sense. Dolby is a very smart player, and I don't get the same vibes as last game in this game, something feels way more calculated.

Not saying lets lynch him today, but I want everyone to keep that on your radar. I will post reads today, but I'm getting lunch now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Going more on my dolby suspicion, like I read the whole thread and not one person was talking about me, however Dolby is making it a point to comment on someone not even really relevant. Take last game where he focused primarily on Dad for the start of the game, and offered minimal about other people until we forced him too.

you see, i had that thought too. im still wary of dolby BUT i did a lot of reading recently and i think i kindof noticed something

when hes scum, he tends to be confidnet and doesnt self doubt his suspects. however when he was town, i noticed a lot of "i feel, i think, i believe". hes a lot more nicer i guess - he was very confident as scum. on day 1 he didnt really seem confident to me so i have him on slight town

this game ive been seeing that vibe of the latter so im not TOO focused on him but i do have my eye on hin

btw i dont thinj dolby is scum because he wouldnt have killed karen... he reads like every post in this thread and i feel if he was scum he wouldnt have taken the risk to kill a "granny"

but maybe he didnt put two and two together? idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Toads, zendal's a first time host, and besides, there have been quite a few games recently where said model wasn't followed (namely, Fransice Wars as an example, however, I think this could also be extended to Mystic messenger, though I'm not sure if Kat played with Dad at any point). Point is, really don't think that Zendal follows that model of balancing

Anyway, for a lynch today, I would much prefer a lynch on Fireninja due to his difference in attitude towards the thread and level of effort put into this game. Chick's latest post seemed extremely OMGUS, which isn't alignment indicative, so I'm not sure where I want to put him on the list, but imo FN>Sensei>ITYW>Farobi for the rest of the people on my scumleans. Though ITYW's posts seem to have dropped quite a bit in quality recently

i think kat probs used the model, she was experienced to have played aith dad before anyway

what about OW mafia? was that using the model?

btw how do you feel about FN's comments about "changing his playstyle" and being lazy as possible

back then i always saw ITYW run to his defense and i thought it would be way too obvious of waffles to do that (eg constantly defending their scum buddy) so i had them pegged as lovers lmao

OW was being used as how I exhibited said behavior as both alignments (though if I had survived past N1 last game I would have stopped focusing on Dad AS MUCH). Yeah, FN's playstyle is reminding me of how he played in Francise Wars as scum and seems to be pretty different from Mystic Messenger. Given that even though he spammed the thread last game, he did contribute a fair bit and survived, I don't really see many legitimate reasons for FN to be particularly lazy. Really don't think they are lovers, bc I have the impression that Waffles would run to his defense as town or third party-aligned lover simply bc he could explain it away (truthfully) that he didn't have a harmful motive in doing that (plus, I feel like it would kinda act as self-pres, given they're both in the POE)

OW was being used as how I exhibited said behavior as both alignments (though if I had survived past N1 last game I would have stopped focusing on Dad AS MUCH). Yeah, FN's playstyle is reminding me of how he played in Francise Wars as scum and seems to be pretty different from Mystic Messenger. Given that even though he spammed the thread last game, he did contribute a fair bit and survived, I don't really see many legitimate reasons for FN to be particularly lazy. Really don't think they are lovers, bc I have the impression that Waffles would run to his defense as town or third party-aligned lover simply bc he could explain it away (truthfully) that he didn't have a harmful motive in doing that (plus, I feel like it would kinda act as self-pres, given they're both in the POE)

i agree and came to that conclusion also, but how do you explain the comment he made before the game started? "im changing my playstyle so bare with me" or something.

i see why he would try to change it because his differences are so very obvious so maybe he wanted to change his meta

but idk why he wanted to change his style - remember at the start of day 1 he was always like "im not telling. not disclosing." and im like ...? what do you have to hide...?

i agree and came to that conclusion also, but how do you explain the comment he made before the game started? "im changing my playstyle so bare with me" or something.

i see why he would try to change it because his differences are so very obvious so maybe he wanted to change his meta

but idk why he wanted to change his style - remember at the start of day 1 he was always like "im not telling. not disclosing." and im like ...? what do you have to hide...?

That's the thing though, unless he was doing something very specific relevant to his role, there's no reason to say that he's "not disclosing anything" and think that he, even 3 years ago, understood that you should change your playstyle in an attempt to be more active and improve

Back