• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

Mass claims should only be a last resort, we all know this.

The PM I sent everyone stated that you should not say anything about your role, this includes your reaction and thoughts on the role, that was for the pregame.

In the game you are allowed to talk about your role name and your role but not the flavour text for your role.

We all know this but I was just clearing things up in case people thought they couldn't speak about their role in the game or claim, you can but it's at your own risk.

I still want Trundle to talk. I'll try to make it before the end of day, but no guarntees. (ecclipse in 3 hours ayyyy)

I said I would answer so here I am.

Okay, you noted it down. So that's it? You ignored the Cleb v Karen interaction, given you didn't have to think those two were scum at all and say perhaps Karen was just goofing around, but you ignored it and only answered Ness's question.

You didn't even really answer or explain.

What are the other suspicious things people are doing this game? You already said "in comparison to other people being suspicious"

So why not just tell us what exactly has been suspicious to you elsewhere in this thread? The more discussion (thats relevant to mafia) we have, the better.

We can't vote unless we have something to go off of.

I've gave my thoughts now on the Cleb and Karen interaction. I was null on Cleb and slight town lean on Karen. As I explained, Cleb's aggressiveness towards Karen is something I woudn't expect a Mafia to be, though he may of just been getting annoyed with Karen, hence the null.

Karen seemed like she was just trying to get a reaction and start a discussion, which is why I think she's a town lean.

You already had a few suspicions so why are you not willing to do a read? You don't have to write an essay like Dad here, all we need are your thoughts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Crap forgot to answer the last part >_<

- - - Post Merge - - -

In response to the second quote:

Again, I gave my thoughts but I'll go more in depth later and see how the rest of the day rolls.

OK I'm really indecisive because of the high risk, high reward setting on lynching Fireninja. He essentially claimed non-townie from his desire to mass-claim? (or a super unlikely townie bluff?). But if the lynch is on him today then I think it would be alright to claim whatever role he has when he sees fit (aka near death).

At the same time I could see this as a way that a scum fireninja could bait the actual role to claim and therefore allow the mafia to do their actions accordingly. :confused:

Honestly it's late at night where i am and will probably keep the vote on fn1. The town can either follow this or proceed to some other case. Timezone differences s u c c s.

At the same time I could see this as a way that a scum fireninja could bait the actual role to claim and therefore allow the mafia to do their actions accordingly. :confused:

Gtg, but if we have 3 mafia and are using the KP system, then I would see no merit in this plan, because sure, you could bait a cop, but at the cost of losing one KP for the rest of the game. Of course, we could potentially have 4, but I really doubt it

Ok I'm finally home on a desktop so I'm gonna try to get myself organized again. I'm gonna isolate people's posts and write up thoughts on them, hopefully finding a good lynch candidate...
I'm gonna skip people with little content because it's only day one

--

Dolby
Kermit got jester, calling it now

I don't think that Kermit being a jester is particularly likely, though it is a possibility I am considering

This was pretty early in the day but still a little weird. I guess he genuinely just changed his mind after an hour, but flopping like that early shouldn't be taken very lightly I don't think. Especially from someone who's incredibly hard to successfully scum read

I see few worlds in which a non-jester hostile third party claims jester, simply because they have no guarentee of someone backing you up later. This means that you're more likely maf or town. I'm moderately inclined to townlean you for your tone, but I don't like your vote on Ness, though I feel like your explanation on why Ness is fine

I think this post shows a pretty genuine response like Dolby actually does not know Kermit's alignment. I think the interactions between the two of them is pretty interesting, like if Kermit is town then Dolby is probably town, but if Kermit flips out to be third party somehow, I get a feeling Dolby might be mafia.

--

Toadsworthy

Claiming now would be dumb for anyone.... blue roles will get targeted right away before they can do any good for town, claiming townie is dumb in general because without any content to back that with you just look like you are trying to get on good graces with everyone which is a sign of mafia.

You claim mafia right now if it is true though and save us some trouble :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can claim* EBWOP
Lol, that last part is scummy as heck... where you want people to notice how suspicious something is without actually backing it up with any merit. It's too early to tel if you are scum or nah, but if you are going to vote for someone and make a case on someone then commit to it, don't give us this wishy washy stuff

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol I shoulda said wishiwashi to get the relevant Pok?mon pun in that last post

I've seen Toad's play style go all over the place lol but so far this game he's not making too much of a big deal out of anything. Instead he's calling out people like Bianca and Kirby for viable reasons which I respect. He's helping, also drinking a lot which I also respect (lol), and he seems genuine. I know he's pretty good at hiding in as mafia but I'm town leaning him.

--

Apple2013
I'm townreading Dolby pretty hard right now, his posts feel very similar to all the last few games where he has also been town. However, not seeing his mafia play in awhile makes me nervous. I'm pinning him as town until I have reason to think otherwise.

As for Jacob, I would not have noticed anything if people didn't call it out, but there does seem to be a little hint of apprehensiveness there. The kind of feeling you might get when you want to say one thing but you don't want to out your scum buddies by saying it, so you leave all possibilities open. That's how I felt with his post on xCleb.

As for KermitTea, I'm not sure. She has essentially claimed non-townie thus far but what that entails I'm not sure.

Questions for me?

I'm getting town vibes from this (his only) post because it seems calm, yet not too much effort which I think is indicating that this game really isn't all that important to trundle. He has more posts pregame which tells me he isn't that invested. I take from this he doesn't have an important role. Town lean

--

ITookYourWaffles
I've read KermitTea's post and I see nothing wrong with that

anyone remembers superpenguin's ****posting a year or 2 years ago? (Old mafia players anyoneee???) I don't feel the scummy vibe thats all i can think for now I mean im back nigguhs and I dunno much the player/s playstyle yadayada whatever. Aside from early votes and this eh theres nothing much to discuss so yeee

Btw is the tbt mafia wifi updated?

Same here tbh and I decided to check previous games (2017)

KermitTea's previous games

The Franchise Wars - Amazon the Doc
Mystic Messenger - (TBA)

I guess people's playstyle changed after 2 years hmmm

wait wtf Kermit is karen???? www didn't know that hi

Summary:
- Everyone post except Chick
- My townreading on Dolby is hard as well from the previous games I had with him 2 years ago if I remember correctly hes not the type of person who leads the game well I can see he's improving and more experienced than I am. For Kermit (aka Karen) I think shes a "third party" or a town side for now I dunno if anyone reads the quote (too lazy to link the quote go find it yourself)
-Some players jump on suspicion on Jacob/Bowie thing -> newb mistake

Can someone explain the roleclaiming role thing

Even scum makes mistakes too :lemon:

Intriguing but not buying this for now. Well for me it's just a "newb" mistake cuz Jacob wasn't reading the playerlist and wasn't aware that Bowie wasn't part of the game prolly cuz hes used to play mafia and Bowie was there in his previous games. Imma let him go for now

Just because he said you're inno that doesn't mean he's town too you're better than that darling. What if a player is playing tricks on you so you'll think s/hes town but hey just a newbie advise just saying tho and I didn't say Ness is scum

tumblr_inline_oq3zeagMB71qfb043_540.gif
Bruh I dunno anymore
Anyway about Kermittea and Cleb part can you explain why?

So it's pretty apparent that Itookyourwaffles is a veteran player which I respect, and it seems that they have skill in this game, but at this point I think it's a little early to put a alignment on them. My guess is that ITYW gets more insightful as there are more kills and actions so I would rather read them more in depth tomorrow. Day one from them is a lot of figuring out who to lynch and summarizations, and not really pushing anyone too hard. Null

Ok so edit* I know I didn't do too much, and for the 4 people I did read, the content isn't very packed. The people I started with were at the bottom of the amount of posts list, and then dolby was just a random pick... However writing that up took a little longer than expected and I need to leave my house rn, so I'm just gonna post it so you guys can read and don't think I'm going inactive.

I'll be finishing up the reads on the rest of the players as soon as I can, I apologize.

I kinda hate how Zendel is trying to moderate the game in how people claim. Are you saying we can't mass claim if we want to?

I'm Professor Kukui, a Townie.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't read into any of the last 10 pages very well at all, but if I had to guess a scum, I would say Farobi is one.

I kinda hate how Zendel is trying to moderate the game in how people claim. Are you saying we can't mass claim if we want to?

I'm Professor Kukui, a Townie.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't read into any of the last 10 pages very well at all, but if I had to guess a scum, I would say Farobi is one.

...literally why would you claim.

I may just be cherry picking here but I feel like this is something's trundle would do as scum.

...literally why would you claim.

I may just be cherry picking here but I feel like this is something's trundle would do as scum.

I don't think I've ever rando-claimed as scum D1, if I ever claim as scum I'm in a bind or need to bus a teammate.

OK I'm really indecisive because of the high risk, high reward setting on lynching Fireninja. He essentially claimed non-townie from his desire to mass-claim? (or a super unlikely townie bluff?). But if the lynch is on him today then I think it would be alright to claim whatever role he has when he sees fit (aka near death).

Well I dunno why you guys jump on bandwagon and voted for him aside from not contributing + inactive I mean isn't it too early to vote FN1?? I get it he is active in Mystic Messenger claimed as 707 and his post are entirely useless[?] no offense bucko I thought you have changed for 2-3 years when I left TBT. I feel like FN1 isnt interested playing the game rn? Tbh can't tell about FN1 so null for now

Do scum have safe claims?

On my second thought &#55357;&#56384;&#55357;&#56384;&#55357;&#56384; nah I'm kidding bud

I don't think I've ever rando-claimed as scum D1, if I ever claim as scum I'm in a bind or need to bus a teammate.

Then why did you claim in the first place?? You weren't up to be lynched, and you even just said that it was random in this post

Ew, induction. Gross.
Well I dunno why you guys jump on bandwagon and voted for him aside from not contributing + inactive I mean isn't it too early to vote FN1?? I get it he is active in Mystic Messenger claimed as 707 and his post are entirely useless[?] no offense bucko I thought you have changed for 2-3 years when I left TBT. I feel like FN1 isnt interested playing the game rn? Tbh can't tell about FN1 so null for now

On my second thought ������ nah I'm kidding bud

I know I'm playing a straight carbon copy of my play three years ago but I have absolutely no reason right now to stick my neck out for any particular stance.

I know I'm playing a straight carbon copy of my play three years ago but I have absolutely no reason right now to stick my neck out for any particular stance.

Don't worry man same here tbh

Ew, induction. Gross.

You realize 99% of mafia games is inductive reasoning, right? Unless you know for sure they are scum through a detective result, it is inductive.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Then why did you claim in the first place?? You weren't up to be lynched, and you even just said that it was random in this post

Because Zendel is anti-mass claim and I think we should do a mass claim just to see how he reacts.

Back