• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Mafia: Trouble in Alola (Day 2)

Was at work

1. How much experience do you have with forum mafia?
probably like 20-25 games now

2. What do you think the ratio is?
3 town per 1 mafia, 1 third party something basic

3. Describe your playstyle
Im pretty bad lol

4. How do you react to pressure?
I'll ignore pressure or instigating unless it's something worth commenting one

5. Pronouns?
male

--

I don't think Kermit is Jester

Cleb, I literally give you three options and you say "yes". I'd call that evasive. Also, Kermit gives a damn

Do you mean to say that Kermit is hostile third or maf in said situation? Yeah, agree that no sensible jester would claim in normal circumstances, but there are a few jester paranoid people after last game (and a whole lot of jester fakeclaims(don't ask))
Let's look back at your original question, which hit the same exact mark as your "fixed" question did. I responded with a yes, knowing what you meant, and you sat and made the question more complicated than it had to be. I knew exactly what you meant the first time, though I'm not so sure that you did.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To go with your "Kermit gives a damn," all their posts look completely worthless so far save the last one, which is just one little insight compared to everything that's happened so far.

Let's look back at your original question, which hit the same exact mark as your "fixed" question did. I responded with a yes, knowing what you meant, and you sat and made the question more complicated than it had to be. I knew exactly what you meant the first time, though I'm not so sure that you did.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To go with your "Kermit gives a damn," all their posts look completely worthless so far save the last one, which is just one little insight compared to everything that's happened so far.

The main reason that I posted the question was because Dad last game referenced SK hunting as maf (which he had to do), I was interested in the wording of the post, because I felt like it could have been a freudian slip. So I asked this

Do you mean to say that Kermit is hostile third or maf in said situation?
This isn't a goddamn yes or no question. This is literally asking if you thought that Karen was hostile third compared to maf, as I thought that your answer would give me more insight into your thought process.

You answered "Yes" so I thought that you didn't understand the question, this time with clearer wording. Which again, you answered "Yes". I'm currently thinking I simply wasn't clear enough (as I don't think that you'd expect this question), but the thought process behind it was that I thought that the words "hostile party" could be a slip

Exactly. I'm well aware that "no" doesn't work in a question like this, but "yes" does as your "both-inclusive" statement you made in the second question. Perhaps it was bad timing for something like that, but I stand by the fact that I wasn't being evasive, and you made the question more complicated than it needed to be.

I feel like FN is either townie or scum from the way he's entranced

- - - Post Merge - - -

Feel like there is one scum in Cleb/Dolby/Apple2013 for sure. I'll have to revisit later but I'm leaning it in no order for now (given trundle hasn't talked yet)

I know I said I Town lean Dolby before but now I'm not so sure again

why apple, they haven't been online and haven't checked in game.

...says the guy that decided to coast an entire cycle as vet a few games back

If I didn't care I wouldn't even join the game. I wouldn't need to post or to read and I can just be modkilled by Zendel. That's the definition of not caring in my book. Everyone who has signed up whether they have posted or not has some care about the game to sign themselves up for this time commitment. I have a reasoning for doing what I am right now, just like you thought you did that game, so how about you put yourself in someone else's shoes and be a little more considerate with the way you approach things. What may be worthless to you is a gem to another. Open your eyes and expand your view. This is only a game of mafia, there's no need to get hostile over it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

why apple, they haven't been online and haven't checked in game.

Balance. That's the only reason I have right now.

I mostly played mafia as a child, I haven't played in years and if I did it was mostly a quick game or on epicmafia, so I do not consider myself highly. Though I have never lasted long in games because Dad always ****ing kills me night 1 whenever he's scum just because I know how he acts.

I have hope that Zendel took Karla's guide into consideration, I'm thinking if there is no third party its 11-12 town and 3-4 mafia. If there is third party, I agree with Dolby's estimate of 11:1:3.

You're free to look at my old games, here. However I don't know how to describe it, since much has changed since the last game I played. Dad would describe me when I play mafia was manipulative though. PM games are much more easier for me, although I do not like them, it was very easy for me to make people believe I was town or on their side.

I don't really know how to answer this question.

5. Pronouns?
She/her.

Just placeholder. I am not gonna vote myself lol! I am going to change it of course lol! <3

It's like... 1 hour into day, why are you placeholding already?

This is personally embarassing as I legit have no idea what Karen is trying to accomplish (I mean, I have some possibilities, but besides that I'm lost)

Though I want to know if they legit think that Ness is scum, and if anyone intends to answer either RQS

I don't think there's too much behind it besides joking and trying to start conversation.

Not disclosing
1:3.5ish, err less scum with more TPs and more scum with more PRs
I'm not self-metaing
Go ahead and find out.
5. Pronouns?
Male, so male pronouns.

I don't really get why you answered this RQS if you don't want to disclose details about how your playstyle is like.

I thought Bianca putting a placeholder on me was more of a jokey vote after she explained it, considering she joked about it in the pre-game. She did just commit my Golden Town-Tell of being the first to vote (in like the first 10 minutes of the game) so she gained a ton of towncred just for that.

The same thing can be somewhat applied to Kermit. She is meming around (and voted me for practically no reason) so I doubt someone who would be on the scum team would do something like that. From what I know about Kermit's scum play her alignment can be caught based on an uncomfortable/stressed tone, scum Karen would be smarter than this.

Oh, so it was an inside joke.. I see.

I haven't played with Karen for a long time though, but I agree with your assessment but I have no idea if she has changed. I do remember her being a bit anxious as mafia. But that was years ago so I'll go off your description of her.

Look somebody caught me overthinking about them literally saying they're Jester.

There's nothing to overthink here. You literally made the statement that you were Jester, and I acted on that. Don't get your ass in a twist over it.

Quite feisty, you have prior experience for mafia on other forums right? I think that was you who wanted to host a game and was called a newbie. You seemed polite in the general thread so I wasn't expecting this aggressive style already, haha.

inb4 Cleb tries to make a push on me
if he does I feel like that's indicative of scum!Cleb

Not only a question to Karen here, but to everyone in this game. Let's get back on track.

Do you guys think Cleb is trying to pin an easy lynch on Karen to sheep newbie town, or do you guys think Cleb comes from a more serious mafia background? I took Cleb's reaction as the latter. I thought he was taking Karen quite literally at face value or was annoyed of the ****posting.

Was at work

OMG JACOB YOU HAVE A JOB??? you grew up so fast.... ok back to mafia LOL

From my experience I didn't really remember Karen (kermit) starting off games with ****posting, though it was usually Cory/Superpenguin (nick)'s job to do that :lul:

But I agree it was kind of annoying coming back to 5 pages of ****posting but I suppose it kicked off a conversation.

By the way, I'm going to be gone Monday for the solar eclipse. Hopefully we don't reach a consensus or something drastically changes by Monday evening though but I'm giving a headsup.

sigh was hoping to quote that after it happened

- - - Post Merge - - -

and also, the last mafia game was basically meme heaven but tactically it worked quite well for some

If I didn't care I wouldn't even join the game. I wouldn't need to post or to read and I can just be modkilled by Zendel. That's the definition of not caring in my book. Everyone who has signed up whether they have posted or not has some care about the game to sign themselves up for this time commitment. I have a reasoning for doing what I am right now, just like you thought you did that game, so how about you put yourself in someone else's shoes and be a little more considerate with the way you approach things. What may be worthless to you is a gem to another. Open your eyes and expand your view. This is only a game of mafia, there's no need to get hostile over it.
Or maybe you should be considerate to the fact that I think that your endless ****posting was getting out of hand and doing absolutely nothing to contribute? I have nothing against it, but the amount of time it went on for was just ridiculous.

@Kallie - Yeah, I've played on a few other forums over the past few years. Granted, the forum I've played the most on isn't the most serious setting (considering most people just quit if they roll Vanilla Town), but the style I've adopted is much harsher than one would expect (at least, my primary style; I can play in pretty much any fashion I want).

Or maybe you shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions and remember the times when you had your moments too.

This is the best play for the role that I have and I'm sticking to it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Speaking of which, Dolby's defense of me although morally feels good (thx) also reminds me of him pocketing people as scum.

So, back to null.

This is like my fourth game so not much.

Given recent games and how people jumped at me for getting the ratio wrong in one game Since there is only 15 of us, then I'm thinking 3/4 mafia, 1 third party and the rest town.

I can't really say if I have a playstyle or not due to only playing a handful of games :/

Depends. Sometimes I can be cool and collected while other I can lose it.

5. Pronouns?
Male pronouns

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just woke up, reading through the thread

Or maybe you shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions and remember the times when you had your moments too.

This is the best play for the role that I have and I'm sticking to it.

I have no idea why you would mention that this is your plan or reference your role early game, I have a few guesses to what you may be but I'd rather not give scum any leads. That is, if you're not scum anyway.

At least, a jester could be our third party (if we have one) but I was more leaning towards a survivor or serial killer. But I think thats a little too obvious.

I guess time will tell, anyway.

I'd still like people besides karen or cleb to answer my question, since the question involves the two of them so of course it would be biased. But everyone's probably asleep.

Lowkey dont know/remember any of you guys and playstyles so i cant really put any of you in my scum/town reads until the first lynch gets through (and i dont want to bother looking at past threads as of now). I will eye things more closely by then.

rn i feel karen is town-aligned based on high attention/activity on her and her seeming chill enough, but i wont be lying if i say i just read through the thread once and couldnt be bothered reading more in my phone :lemon:

I didn't even realize it was starting this soon haha, I will be back on later today because I have a busy morning.

yeah I have a plan for world domination

Prepare for trouble!

Make it double!

To protect the world from devastation!

To unite all peoples within our nation!

To denounce the evils of truth and love!

To extend our reach to the stars above!

Jessie!

James!

Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

Meowth!
That's right!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Posted day 1 post in the OP, didn't do it last night because of the issues at the time.

Last edited:
Or maybe you should be considerate to the fact that I think that your endless ****posting was getting out of hand and doing absolutely nothing to contribute? I have nothing against it, but the amount of time it went on for was just ridiculous.

I've read KermitTea's post and I see nothing wrong with that

anyone remembers superpenguin's ****posting a year or 2 years ago? (Old mafia players anyoneee???) I don't feel the scummy vibe thats all i can think for now I mean im back nigguhs and I dunno much the player/s playstyle yadayada whatever. Aside from early votes and this eh theres nothing much to discuss so yeee

Btw is the tbt mafia wifi updated?

Ok, now that I'm not in competition with Zendal, I might as well not copy a previous one

Probably 60 games now, hosted at least half a dozen
Given recent games, probably 11:3:1
Master as scum, not so much as town. Highly active regardless of role and alignment
Well if someone is intentionally aggravating me (Ness last game), I'll honestly break (tbf, he was literally trying to be lynched there)
5. Pronouns?
He/him, comrade, glorious leader

Oh lord, I'm hungover af right now. I will react to this opening later.
1. I've played 10ish games on here and 1 on MU. So pretty experienced hello new people and returners alike
2. 3 mafia to 12 town, I don't think we're gonna have 3rd party and it's too soon to tell
3. I'm apparently really good at mimicking my town play style as scum, but you definitely can notice my extra effort for voting when I am scum. I'm a mixed bag for town, I can be kind of a jerk or really nice. I was a jerk the last game because I wanted to be markedly different from my play style the last four games before it where I was mafia.
4. I'm pretty cool under pressure, I tend to play mediator if I see people being rude in front of me, catch me on a bad day and I will use so much AtE your head will explode
5 he/him, toads

Just thought I was awake at 9am, but now I realize it's only 7am.... getting water and going back to sleep

I've read KermitTea's post and I see nothing wrong with that

anyone remembers superpenguin's ****posting a year or 2 years ago? (Old mafia players anyoneee???) I don't feel the scummy vibe thats all i can think for now I mean im back nigguhs and I dunno much the player/s playstyle yadayada whatever. Aside from early votes and this eh theres nothing much to discuss so yeee

Btw is the tbt mafia wifi updated?

Yeah, but that came mostly from nick. I didn't remember Karen (kermitea) being a ****poster.

Also no, Oath no longer works on the wiki. It hasn't been updated since November 2016.

Back