• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of spiders?

Are you afraid of spiders?

• Total voters
I'm not lmao

I find spiders in my house all the time, and they don't bother me. My mom is like a huge arachnophobe and I think it's kinda funny.

I'm actually sharing my room with a spider right now, believe it or not. I don't bother him, he doesn't bother me. We just mind our own business. I let him live here, and in exchange he eats all them stupid lil flies that irritate me on a daily basis. I believe that is called mutualism, which in biology is a good thing.

Anyways, yeah. I don't mind spiders at all. They spook me a bit when I'm not expecting them, but other than that idrc.

Yeah if I see a spider just chillin and I dont go by that spot in my house often I let him stay there.

one was on my leg an hour ago and i screamed, but i don't really care about them as long as they're not near me

if they're outdoors, I don't mind them too much. if they're in my house, they gotta die >:,,,)
oh and super big spiders like tarantulas don't bother me too much - the small fat ones are the one that freak me out rip

they can be far from me and i wont mind.
they can be as small as a speck of dust and it wont be problem.

Yes. very much yes. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I still hate them and don't want them near me.

I'm not scared of them, nor do they super gross me out, but I don't want them like crawling all up in my business either lol. I like them because they eat pests like mosquitoes!

If they're outside, then no, but if they're in my house ew yes, because I'd be afraid of them getting in my food or something.

I actually like them lots <3... I used to be really afraid of them but my sibling loves them and got himself a huge pet tarantula, we named him dust. I just got used to see dust around, so now I'm really cool with them.

We have a strong no-spider-killing mentality at home. So if we find one we just throw them outside. The only spiders we allow ourselves to kill are corner spiders, sice they can and will absolutelly kill you.

Not really. Usually when I see a Spider at my home I let them stay there until they leave or natural occurrences happens.
However if it's huge and is one of those non small ones, I can get rather unsure of them ao I usually see how they look and look up online what they are and if they're non poisonous I let them stay too but if they are poisonous I have to kill it.

Not really. Usually when I see a Spider at my home I let them stay there until they leave or natural occurrences happens.
However if it's huge and is one of those non small ones, I can get rather unsure of them ao I usually see how they look and look up online what they are and if they're non poisonous I let them stay too but if they are poisonous I have to kill it.

Do you have many kinds of poisonous spiders where you live?? :(

I absolutely hate spiders. I have the worst luck with them. I've found them crawling on me when I'm trying to sleep and that freaks me out so bad that my skin continues to crawl with the feeling of them. At that point I move to the couch instead of my bed.
Recently I found out about spraying the baseboards of my room with Raid or other brands. Spray it, let it dry while you're in another room, and you'll be protected from bugs for at least a month. It wore off a few days ago and I found a spider in my dogs water bowl.(It was one of the most terrifying things I've experienced. My mouth went dry and my stomach got that hollow feeling.) I'm so glad she didn't drink it. We have brown recluses in my area, but luckily enough it was some other basic spider.

I absolutely hate spiders. I have the worst luck with them. I've found them crawling on me when I'm trying to sleep and that freaks me out so bad that my skin continues to crawl with the feeling of them. At that point I move to the couch instead of my bed.
Recently I found out about spraying the baseboards of my room with Raid or other brands. Spray it, let it dry while you're in another room, and you'll be protected from bugs for at least a month. It wore off a few days ago and I found a spider in my dogs water bowl.(It was one of the most terrifying things I've experienced. My mouth went dry and my stomach got that hollow feeling.) I'm so glad she didn't drink it. We have brown recluses in my area, but luckily enough it was some other basic spider.

we live in ohio and my boyfriends friends basement has multiple brown recluses inside of it--- i guess in that environment they can survive? rare though

To an extent, yes. But I think I'm more squeamish around moths and cicadas. Don't ask me why, I don't understand either.

I'm afraid of all bugs. I never used to be, but then I heard about this African bug that crawls inside your ear, chews through your eardrum, and then lays its eggs inside your brain 😶

The small ones generally don't bother me, but in the autumn here starting around September, we get an influx of larger house spiders for a few weeks and I can't stand them. They're pretty big, and they just love to skitter across my wall at night. I can't sleep if there's one in my room, they definitely disturb me to the point where I can't relax until I know it's dead. Not looking forward to that again this year.

I'm afraid of all bugs. I never used to be, but then I heard about this African bug that crawls inside your ear, chews through your eardrum, and then lays its eggs inside your brain &#55357;&#56886;

I mean sure I'd be scared of that one but if it could survive the journey to Scotland and then the Scottish climate it probably deserves my brain more than I do

Basically I'm not scared of spiders, but that changes if I'm in a country where the spiders can actually hurt/kill me

ehh i guess i'm kinda mixed on them. i think some spiders look pretty cool and it's nice that they eat other bugs and all but i don't wanna find any near me/in my house. not sure if i would say i'm afraid of them, but they do freak me out a little when i find them running around in my room. i always have to like talk to myself and be like "alright, just smash it, it'll be dead, and you'll be good to go"

Ever since i played Kirby: Triple Deluxe I've felt less scared of spiders... but not completely unafraid.

Back