• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of spiders?

Are you afraid of spiders?

• Total voters
Jumping spiders and crab spiders are adorable. Also the black velvet spider. ❤️ I like letting jumpers crawl on me, they're pretty friendly.

Yes, they're so sweet!

- - - Post Merge - - -

As long as it's not those camel spiders; spiders are my friends. I really, really like tarantulas. They do make me nervous because of their defense mechanism (they shoot off stinging butt hairs).

Of course venomous spiders are spooky. I don't wanna be killed by those.

Ah! We have those too and they're so gross! They chase you! And they hiss! If you are in any way afraid of spiders, don't look them up.

Honestly who isn't. I hate them, even when they're far away. If they're small ones, I don't really bother since it's easy to just stomp on them, but the huge ones.. ugh.

i really hate spiders. i won't go out of my way to kill them when they're outside, but if they're in my house, they're getting squished.

Terrified. Lost track of the amount of times the other staff have mocked me screaming over seeing spiders while on Skype. :(

Last edited:
Depends on the spider. At the camp I used to work at there would be "dock spiders" which I'm pretty sure are also known as fishing spiders, but they were probably size of my hand. It'd be pretty often you'd see 100s of hatchlings crawling around the docks when people were trying to get on canoes and kayaks. Those things are disgusting, and I think they're the biggest spiders in Canada.

Honestly no, I use to be until I got to see one up close and fell in love with their beady little eyes. I prefer jumping spiders though since some eat brown recluses. Plus spiders are sweet and just want to live and not attack you. Unlike some other bugs that are jerks. So nah, but I can see why some do hate them.

No, I actually love spiders for some odd reason. However, there are sometimes annoying.

I don't care much for spiders. I'm from Australia so they're pretty common. I'm not scared of them, I just really dislike when the fat hairy ones scare me in the shower hahah!

They freak me out so much! Where I live we only get small spiders that aren't poisonous or harmful in any way but they're still terrifying. I don't know how people can ever deal with tarantulas. That being said, some spiders are in fact cute (as long as they are a long distance away from me and there's a good few millimetres of glass between us XD).

Last edited:
If you aren't scared of spiders, look up a goliath spider and then say you aren't scared

The only thing that worries me is that its flicking hair defense mechanism probably can reach your eyes. Other than that, I think it's beautiful as long as doesn't do the leg shimmy of hair flicking.

Yeah I hate them. Small ones I'm fine with, but when the autumn hits here we get massive house spiders and I can easily lose sleep over just one of them. When I was in Canada a few years ago I stayed at a lakeside cottage for a couple weekends, and I was perfectly happy being on the dock there until my ex's brother found what they call a "dock spider" near the water, and it was quite literally the size of a large mouse. Never went near there again, my skin crawls just thinking about it and remembering that I wore no shoes around there.

I really, really like tarantulas. I had a Chilean Rose Hair for several years. They're precious lil things.... but any type of spider with those long, really thin legs really give me the creeps. If it isn't furry I just can't mess w/it.. I don't know why. :\

i like really tiny spiders (i like all tiny bugs) and will let them crawl on my arm or something, tarantulas are also cute, but medium-sized ones scare me

I'm not afraid of spiders but I don't like it when they touch me because their legs on my skin give me this creepy crawly feeling and it wigs me out haha.

nah

we get some big house spiders occasionally but they don't bother me, actually I like them cuz they take care of other pests

Back