• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of spiders?

Are you afraid of spiders?

• Total voters
I like spiders, I always rescue them from people who are scared of them because I don't like them getting killed. I remember once someone was going to kill a spider and I blocked them and asked them to run and get me a cup and paper and they refused so I just picked up the spider in my bare hands and took it outside. There was no way I was leaving it long enough to go get a cup and paper he'd have been a goner

I grab them and throw them out the window so they can enjoy the nice fresh air and nature. Luckily it doesn't hurt them because they float because of their low weight.

I like spiders, I always rescue them from people who are scared of them because I don't like them getting killed. I remember once someone was going to kill a spider and I blocked them and asked them to run and get me a cup and paper and they refused so I just picked up the spider in my bare hands and took it outside. There was no way I was leaving it long enough to go get a cup and paper he'd have been a goner

My dads friend is a vegan and he refuses to kill insects. He captured a wasp/hornet(don't remember which one) with a cup and paper and let it go outside so my dad wouldn't spray it.

I like spiders. I think some are quite cute. There are no dangerous spiders where I live so I don't have to worry about that too much... When I lived in Korea during my high school years I would sneak my bf at the time into my room through the window. One day he just stopped coming by but didn't tell me why. Later he told me that there was a HUGE banana spider that spun a web between two trees right next to my window and he was scared of it lol. I named the spider after him from then on.

I like spiders. I think some are quite cute. There are no dangerous spiders where I live so I don't have to worry about that too much... When I lived in Korea during my high school years I would sneak my bf at the time into my room through the window. One day he just stopped coming by but didn't tell me why. Later he told me that there was a HUGE banana spider that spun a web between two trees right next to my window and he was scared of it lol. I named the spider after him from then on.

That's so scary I wouldn't have came back either! I'm afraid of seeing a banana spider at work... Haha

My dads friend is a vegan and he refuses to kill insects. He captured a wasp/hornet(don't remember which one) with a cup and paper and let it go outside so my dad wouldn't spray it.

That's exactly what I'm like lol

I prefer snakes over spiders. Non-toxic snakes, though. The Incredibly Deadly Viper from ASOUE would appease me.

If they're not near me it does make me slightly nervous but not scared. I'm mostly scared of the fast/jumping ones.

I'm not afraid of small ones (like only a couple centimetres big) if they're near me. I used to hate them around me no matter the size and couldnt be in the same room as them, but not so much now. But if I ever saw a big one I think I'd run the heck out of there. Luckily we don't have big spiders here. I also don't like them because I'm allergic to spider bites. It also depends how anxious I'm feeling on that day haha. Overall I'm kinda neutral.

I love spiders and I love handling them. Except for the poisonous ones. Luckily we don't have many of the here in Sweden. One of the more poisonous ones are the European Garden Spider (It's called Korsspindel here) and it's bite is comparable to a wasp sting (or so they say) so I'm careful when removing them.

I'm usually fine with small spiders in general but I'm horribly terrified of the larger ones. Large spiders aren't common here, I think. I've only seen two big spiders so far (one was fuzzy and the other wasn't ;v; ) in my house. I freaked out when I saw them so hopefully, I won't see any more of them in the future.

Last edited:
Not really. I think they are kinda cute. One of them managed to hang their web on my arm while I was looking on my phone during break at work.

Yee, absolutely yes. I despise the things and always want them dead if they're in my house.

I used to pretty scared... Like I would cry if I saw one.

Then I met my boyfriend and he showed me I don't need to be scared... He would save me from huntsmans and wolfies. Currently he has one tarantula, one trap door abs one funnel web. I won a FB comp and I'm getting my own trap door!
My boyfriend also has scorpions and centipedes, while I have snails (one laid eggs the other day!!!!)

I find them cute but don't like having them crawling on me ...I got bitten by spiders a few times and got a nasty allergic reaction. I don't kill them, just send them back outside.

As long as they aren't anywhere near me, I'm fine with them. Otherwise... I'm not the biggest fan of them. I'm scared they will bite me.

If they're not near me, they are allowed to live.

I'm too scared to even kill them tbh

I'm generally fine around smaller spiders. Jumping spiders frequently inhabit my room and I don't mind at all. I try not to be afraid around bigger spiders, but since it's been drilled into my head ever since I was little that spiders are scary and will hurt you, it's really difficult to get over, even if it's just a house spider.

Back