• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of spiders?

Are you afraid of spiders?

• Total voters

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I just started a new job, and I will be stocking fruits.
I learned there was a banana spider (thankfully dead)
and one tarantula that was in the fruit shipments.

I can kill spiders but that frightens me,
so I decided to make this poll.

The question should be: who isn't scared of spiders

yes, people try to tell me they are helpful but i'm really ****ing scared of them

Jumping spiders and crab spiders are adorable. Also the black velvet spider. ❤️ I like letting jumpers crawl on me, they're pretty friendly.

As long as it's not those camel spiders; spiders are my friends. I really, really like tarantulas. They do make me nervous because of their defense mechanism (they shoot off stinging butt hairs).

Of course venomous spiders are spooky. I don't wanna be killed by those.

I clicked for both yes and only if they're near me because it depends on the spider. Like I love jumping spiders but if they jump on me they will do me a frighten. I could care less about daddy long legs, I will pick them up and move them if they're in inconvenient places. If there's a huge spider somewhere a huge spider should not be I usually get my boyfriend to transport it, and if he's not near the spider will sadly get killed because those are the two options. Also I have shadow spiders around me almost all of the time so they've desensitized me a bit...

Last edited:
the spiders i dislike the most are these white/colorless spiders that live in the oak trees, because somehow they get in my car and while i'm driving down the road from time to time one drops down on a thread from the car ceiling down towards my face or my lap when i'm in the middle of moving traffiic, crikey!

the spiders i dislike the most are these white/colorless spiders that live in the oak trees, because somehow they get in my car and while i'm driving down the road from time to time one drops down on a thread from the car ceiling down towards my face or my lap when i'm in the middle of moving traffiic, crikey!

My mom used to get these little brown spiders that roll up into balls? They came from the trees and we'd go to get in her car after a day and there would be webs everywhere! One dropped on her face while we were pulling out a parking lot once and when she went to hit it off it curled into a ball like a rolypoly and was rolling all over the ground, weirdest thing ever!

I clicked for both yes and only if they're near me because it depends on the spider. Like I love jumping spiders but if they jump on me they will do me a frighten. I could care less about daddy long legs, I will pick them up and move them if they're in inconvenient places. If there's a huge spider somewhere a huge spider should not be I usually get my boyfriend to transport it, and if he's not near the spider will sadly get killed because those are the two options. Also I have shadow spiders around me almost all of the time so they've desensitized me a bit...

im praying to god that i never see a banana spider or tarantula.
all of kroger will hear me scream from across the store and run from the cooler tripping over my apron ahhhh

As long as they're not near me, I don't mind. I live in the basement so naturally there's going to be some.

im praying to god that i never see a banana spider or tarantula.
all of kroger will hear me scream from across the store and run from the cooler tripping over my apron ahhhh

A beautiful bunch, of ripe banana!
Hide the deadly, black tarantula!
(Daylight come and me wanna go home.)

I hope you don't run into any, but usually they're all knocked off in the processing anyways while they're being separated from the larger bunches. (And while they throw away like a majority of perfectly good bananas because they don't meet standards...)

A beautiful bunch, of ripe banana!
Hide the deadly, black tarantula!
(Daylight come and me wanna go home.)

I hope you don't run into any, but usually they're all knocked off in the processing anyways while they're being separated from the larger bunches. (And while they throw away like a majority of perfectly good bananas because they don't meet standards...)

In the new store just built they already seen one, but it was dead at the bottom of the box. And one live tarantula.... omggggg i guess it just crawled out of the box of fruit. so scary...

Yes, but that doesn't mean I kill them. I don't believe in killing things out of the unnecessary basis of fear.

The small/fast moving ones scare me a bit, but the huge ones like tarantulas I adore. in fact I have 2 ant mimic spiders captive as of now, a male and a female. theyre the small and fast kind so of course I was too scared to capture them myself, so I made a friend do it for me!

I'm iffy with spiders. I think they're helpful and their webs are pretty, but i can't tell the difference between most spiders, so I don't know which are poisonous and which aren't. If I know it won't bite me, then I won't have a problem with it for the most part. I just can't stand the legs!

If they're tiny and just sit in the corners of walls, idc. If they're on the move though I will be screaming.

I'm not scared, besides of Hobo and Black Widow, which are relatively easily identifiable and the only spiders to worry about realistically where I am at in Oregon.

Back