• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you afraid of spiders?

Are you afraid of spiders?

• Total voters
I actually dont rlly care about them

but cockroaches rlly scare me;;; esp when they surprise you out of no where and fly sdhsaj

spiders are magnificent creatures, they are better than humans
and that's why most people fear them.

I get very scared of them when I see them. I know they're very cool creatures and I'm interested in some, but I just can't make myself not scared. In addition to banana spiders which I learned about last year, I now make sure there isn't any kind of web on the banana whenever I go grocery shopping. >~<

Last edited:
I love all animals, but they give me the creeps. But I know they have a reason, they're helpful to the bug population.

I lived on an island that was covered in huge wolf spiders all the time so I've built up a tolerance to the point that I can pick up small spiders and not be frightened, but larger spiders will still make me uncomfy and I can't look at pictures of spiders online unless they are a reeeeally cute spider (I LOOOOVE photos of jumping spiders with the big eyes and I'm also a fan of Ogre-faced Spiders, although I'm apparently the only one that finds Ogre-faced Spiders cute haha)

I'd kinda like to try to work on the anxiety I have around spiders cuz a tarantula as a pet would be rad, but as it is I'm still too nervous.

Spiders deserve nothing better than the deepest depths of Hell.
As long as someone else puts them there because I wouldn't touch those evil creatures with a ten-foot pole.

Noo I love spiders! I am not afraid of any animal on planet earth. I am a huge animal lover! Almost every year we have huge orb weavers around our trailer. This year we actually had one of the biggest we've seen throughout the years. He set a web RIGHT in front of the door we had to dodge the web when we walked in. In the daytime being nocturnal he slept in the corner of the door. I was so nervous he would move, and we'd squash him while closing the door. Sadly a few days ago my fear came true I went to check on him and give him a little grasshopper to eat, my mom told me he moved. When she closed the door he was squashed, and all his insides were spread out on the door. I was absolutely horrified. R.I.P little buddy! <3 You're a trooper if you read all this! xP

I used to be scared of spiders, but I kind of conditioned myself out of it by spending a lot of time reading about them, looking at pictures, and handling the jumping spiders that lived outside my dorm.

I went from freaking out every time I saw a spider to being the person who catches them and puts them outside. The only time they bother me now is if one touches me unexpectedly, but that honestly applies to everything.

i'd probably be scared ****less if i came across a huge spider, but the itsy bitsy ones i usually come across aren't scary at all

omg YES! they are in my top 3 fears :( i would have quit that job on the spot. best of luck to you!!

It depends.

I dont mind the little spiders, they can stay and i ignore them.
Anything bigger then a house spider and those spider with the tiny bodies and super legs are just a no from me!!

I have arachnophobia so they naturally scare me, but I respect them as a creature. Most of them are helpful and kill the annoying bugs like flies & mosquitos.

It also depends on the spider. My mom had a pet tarantula once and it was the cutest thing ever. She was really fuzzy and she had cute pink markings on her. I was only like 10 but I wanted to keep holding her because she was so soft and gentle and in no way scary at all.

Spiders like daddy long-legs and brown recluses tho? No thanks.. a few months ago I was sitting at my computer and there was a spider on my bare thigh. I freaked out and it went on my bed. When I got a closer look at it, I saw that it was a brown recluse, no mistake. It looked exactly like the photos... those bites are so nasty. I can't believe it didn't bite me because I freaked tf out. ;_;

Spiders like daddy long-legs and brown recluses tho? No thanks.. a few months ago I was sitting at my computer and there was a spider on my bare thigh. I freaked out and it went on my bed. When I got a closer look at it, I saw that it was a brown recluse, no mistake. It looked exactly like the photos... those bites are so nasty. I can't believe it didn't bite me because I freaked tf out. ;_;

Daddy long-legs aren't spiders, technically, but they certainly look like them. They're big enough to be kinda scary. But oh man, a brown recluse! I would be petrified, those bites can be very, VERY painful and fatal. (PS I love your Genesis sig and avatar <3)

Generally I like spiders! I don't let anyone in my house kill them, I scoop them up and take them outside. My sister laughs at me 'cause I talk to them in the same baby-talk kind of way that I do to my cat (calling them sweethearts, etc.)

Daddy long-legs aren't spiders, technically, but they certainly look like them. They're big enough to be kinda scary. But oh man, a brown recluse! I would be petrified, those bites can be very, VERY painful and fatal. (PS I love your Genesis sig and avatar <3)

Generally I like spiders! I don't let anyone in my house kill them, I scoop them up and take them outside. My sister laughs at me 'cause I talk to them in the same baby-talk kind of way that I do to my cat (calling them sweethearts, etc.)
Oh really? I didn't know that! I've only seen one daddy long leg in my life, so I don't know too much about em. That's pretty interesting!

Any spider with skinny long legs just look gross to me.. I like the little fuzzy ones the best.
And unfortunately, brown recluses are pretty common here ;O; I've seen quite a few over the years, to the point where I'm surprised I haven't been bitten yet. Which is an unsettling thought..

(Thank you so much! I love Genesis, it's nice to see another fan<3)

They terrify me but I also think they're kinda cute.

If I see one I just kinda let it be but I go to another room or something and act like it's not still in my house lol.

I cannot function when a spider is near me. A particularly large one was near me recently and I screamed bloody murder

The stupid fricken tarantula in Animal Crossing made me slightly scared.

Last edited:
Back