Are you afraid of spiders?

Are you afraid of spiders?

• Total voters
Heck YEAH!
I can't understand how someone is not afraid of those things tbh like what's not to be scared about? Ahhhhh I FRIGGIN hate them! I'm lucky we don't have any tarantulas here *shivers* if I ever see those in real life I'll probably die, kidding but I'll definitely cry and run like a baby > A<'

I'm cool with spiders, except for New Leaf's tarantulas, I can't take those jump scares!

I'm not afraid of them to the point that I'll cower away from them. Okay maybe i'll cower away from them a bit, but I wouldn't call it a phobia to the point I'd faint or something. I understand some people find spiders really beautiful looking, but I personally disagree. I find them really ugly and unpleasant to look at, especially huge ones. But I prefer not to kill them, if I happen to have one in my house I usually just try and give them an opportunity to leave, as I do with flies.

Last edited:
Nope, I actually love spiders and currently have 3 small house spiders in my bedroom at the moment.
I love watching them and hate not having one in my room. The only spider I hate is the tarantula in acnl, it comes out of nowhere and attacks for no reason!

I live in Australia so all the deadly spiders be roaming in my backyard. I can't see the beauty in them, I get scared of anything that has more than four legs and moves really quickly. I've seen so many videos of people smacking dead spiders and having their babies pour out from the dead mother... //shudder, no thanks.

I can't stand daddy long legs either, nope nope nope.

I don't like them at all, they creep me out and I hate when they're in my room, which is often :(
Strangely enough I'm okay with tarantulas..I've always called them eight-legged hamsters lmao

I actually really like spiders. I've held tarantulas on multiple occasions (yes, voluntarily). I think they're very interesting. Also I live in Canada, so pretty much all "spooky" spiders are nowhere to be found.

*whines* whyyy did I think it was a good idea to read through this before bed?

To answer the question: YES *yelp*

I'm not really afraid of arachnids, although it also depends on what kind they may be (are they poisonous or life-threatening?) and in what situation I may encounter them. For example, just simply seeing some spiders hanging outside the house doesn't frighten me or anything, but one could definitely startle me if out of nowhere I saw it crawling up on my clothes or if I found it in my blankets while lying down in bed.

I live in Australia so all the deadly spiders be roaming in my backyard. I can't see the beauty in them, I get scared of anything that has more than four legs and moves really quickly. I've seen so many videos of people smacking dead spiders and having their babies pour out from the dead mother... //shudder, no thanks.

I can't stand daddy long legs either, nope nope nope.
I'm deathly afraid of spiders, but daddy long legs don't seem to bother me (unless they get too close), there is one that likes to rest in the corner of my room on the roof and I just let it because it eats the other scary spiders and I don't have to deal with them.

I have a massive fear of spiders, I'm so scared of them coming anywhere near me even though most of the ones in the UK are mostly small and non threatening but I still find them unnerving - if I see one in the house someone else has to move it outside, even if it means waking someone up in the middle of the night to move one.

I wasn't when I was really little—my dad loves the creepy little things, and he tried to instill that in me, but it didn't work out after I got bit a couple times. Now I really can't stand them; they look creepy, they move creepily, their eyes (of which they have too many) are cold... eurgh. If they're really really small, like, too small to bite a human, I can deal with them, but any bigger than that is a nope from me.
I can make a minor exception for the tiny jumping spiders with the big eyes. They can be kind of cute, but I still prefer them to be in macro photography, far away from me.

I'm not really afraid of them, but we have a tacit understanding that they stay outside, they live. They come inside, I may go "Garfield" on them. Or if it's a daddy longlegs, my cat Maggie may chomp them.

i'm not too bothered about spiders
my mum gets rid of them quicker than i notice them anyway, plus they look cool

Back