Are you clingy to your villagers?

Do let villagers move in and out often, or do you try to keep them forever?

• I let villagers come and go.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No. My villagers will stay with me FOREVER.

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Bossblitz

Mayor of Outlite
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
I know I am. I still have 2 of my originals, Biskit and Coco, and the rest that moved in I've kept for at least a year. Don't get me wrong I've had villagers move out, but those were during times I couldn't play. I always make sure every villager doesn't move in fear that I might get a worse villager or that a new villager will move where I don't want them to. On the contrary i have a friend who plays ACNL who usually has a new villager every month or so, which is a lot compare to me. Maybe I'm just lucky that most of the time I get a good looking villager, or I'm just clingy, but how about you? Do you often let villagers move in and out, or do you never let them leave?

7 of mine are amiibo's. Almost impossible to get rid, which is why I have grown to detest them.

Thankfully, one is moving in a few days.

I use to care about them.

I keep two villagers that will never leave and the only reason I'd keep others is because I want a PWP or their picture. Once I get what I need, they are free to leave. It's a mixture of both.

I easily get tired of some of them, but not too often to the point I change them regularly.

I still have 4 original villagers in my town and I don't think I'll let any of them go. I'm not "clingy" as in talk to them everyday but they're more special to me than the villagers that move in :) I wouldn't mind replacing them but I would if they ask to leave.

I always like to have my boy Lucky in town so I guess I'm clingy with him. The others may come and go, I don't mind.

There are some villagers which I want to have in my town as long as possible, but I after all I don't want to keep them forever. I realized that it becomes boring after awhile when you have always the same villagers around you, so I let them go when they want to move out. It's nice to meet new villagers too and to have a little variety.

Last edited:
Generally I let villagers come and go but the ones I like I'd prefer to stay. Sometimes I don't play long enough to keep them though and they move out.

For me it depends on the villagers. I tend to love most of mine, but I decided if I don't really love them, I should let them go, and hope I get a better one.
So in my town, I really don't want static and chadder to move at all. Bill and Marcel are some of my favs as well, and I can't imagine them moving.
Becky is moving soon she will be my second original to move away.
I wouldn't mind if Apple moved.

Boomer and Melba recently moved in, a few weeks ago, so far I like them, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Flora is one of my originals and I used to really love her, but somehow I like her less and less? I don't know why. I'm definitely not ready to let her go anytime soon, but I'm pretty sure I will not be keeping her forever.
Marshal is another one I'm not ready to let go yet, but I doubt he'll stay forever.

I am clingy to some of my villagers at the moment but I'm not too against them leaving my town? Maybe if I feel like they've been in my town for too long and I want to move in a fresh face, then I'd let them move out.

Hmm, not really. I really like Deirdre in my village, but the others are free to go. I do regret letting Coco go, she was awesome. But I really enjoy seeing new villagers so I'm usually fine when they're move because I'm so curious as to who is moving in! :D

i like to think that i'm not, but there's just some villagers that i refuse to let go no matter what. there's a ton of villagers i'd like to try but i don't because i'm too attached to the ones i have. i'm worried if i let them go, i'll regret it and i probably won't try to get them back either because i don't have any of their amiibo cards tbh, which means i'll have to do the 16 villager cycle. also most of the villagers that i have, i've had so many times in prior games that i've grown really attached to them because they're familiar to me and they're villagers that i know i like for sure.

Last edited:
For the most part, I let my villagers come and go, but some I am never letting the leave. *cough* Marcel *cough*

Back