• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you clingy to your villagers?

Do let villagers move in and out often, or do you try to keep them forever?

• I let villagers come and go.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No. My villagers will stay with me FOREVER.

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Bossblitz

Mayor of Outlite
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
I know I am. I still have 2 of my originals, Biskit and Coco, and the rest that moved in I've kept for at least a year. Don't get me wrong I've had villagers move out, but those were during times I couldn't play. I always make sure every villager doesn't move in fear that I might get a worse villager or that a new villager will move where I don't want them to. On the contrary i have a friend who plays ACNL who usually has a new villager every month or so, which is a lot compare to me. Maybe I'm just lucky that most of the time I get a good looking villager, or I'm just clingy, but how about you? Do you often let villagers move in and out, or do you never let them leave?

7 of mine are amiibo's. Almost impossible to get rid, which is why I have grown to detest them.

Thankfully, one is moving in a few days.

I use to care about them.

I keep two villagers that will never leave and the only reason I'd keep others is because I want a PWP or their picture. Once I get what I need, they are free to leave. It's a mixture of both.

I easily get tired of some of them, but not too often to the point I change them regularly.

I still have 4 original villagers in my town and I don't think I'll let any of them go. I'm not "clingy" as in talk to them everyday but they're more special to me than the villagers that move in :) I wouldn't mind replacing them but I would if they ask to leave.

I always like to have my boy Lucky in town so I guess I'm clingy with him. The others may come and go, I don't mind.

There are some villagers which I want to have in my town as long as possible, but I after all I don't want to keep them forever. I realized that it becomes boring after awhile when you have always the same villagers around you, so I let them go when they want to move out. It's nice to meet new villagers too and to have a little variety.

Last edited:
Generally I let villagers come and go but the ones I like I'd prefer to stay. Sometimes I don't play long enough to keep them though and they move out.

For me it depends on the villagers. I tend to love most of mine, but I decided if I don't really love them, I should let them go, and hope I get a better one.
So in my town, I really don't want static and chadder to move at all. Bill and Marcel are some of my favs as well, and I can't imagine them moving.
Becky is moving soon she will be my second original to move away.
I wouldn't mind if Apple moved.

Boomer and Melba recently moved in, a few weeks ago, so far I like them, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Flora is one of my originals and I used to really love her, but somehow I like her less and less? I don't know why. I'm definitely not ready to let her go anytime soon, but I'm pretty sure I will not be keeping her forever.
Marshal is another one I'm not ready to let go yet, but I doubt he'll stay forever.

I am clingy to some of my villagers at the moment but I'm not too against them leaving my town? Maybe if I feel like they've been in my town for too long and I want to move in a fresh face, then I'd let them move out.

Hmm, not really. I really like Deirdre in my village, but the others are free to go. I do regret letting Coco go, she was awesome. But I really enjoy seeing new villagers so I'm usually fine when they're move because I'm so curious as to who is moving in! :D

i like to think that i'm not, but there's just some villagers that i refuse to let go no matter what. there's a ton of villagers i'd like to try but i don't because i'm too attached to the ones i have. i'm worried if i let them go, i'll regret it and i probably won't try to get them back either because i don't have any of their amiibo cards tbh, which means i'll have to do the 16 villager cycle. also most of the villagers that i have, i've had so many times in prior games that i've grown really attached to them because they're familiar to me and they're villagers that i know i like for sure.

Last edited:
For the most part, I let my villagers come and go, but some I am never letting the leave. *cough* Marcel *cough*

Back