• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers you like/want but hate his Exterior House Design...

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey there!
So something i like in ACNL is the variety of Houses exteriors that the Villagers have.
-Modern.
-Rustic.
-Creepy.
-Childish.
-Colorful.
You want a Villager in your town and yes, everything seems "perfect" in some way until... Those Villagers have house exteriors that just don't fit your Town (even when this does not have a theme).

Example: I want Tia, but this Elephant have a weird house exterior comparing to Merengue that have a more Normal and cool one.

What about you? Do you ever come across this trouble?

Last edited:
Heaps of them.

Mathilda
Rasher
Muffy

I let Rasher go because of his crappy house.

I didn't even know this was a thing...I don't really see how the appearance of their house matters

I didn't even know this was a thing...I don't really see how the appearance of their house matters

Not a thing, but i want to know if someone else matter about the House Design. Maybe his Town have a theme and not every house fit. I don't know...

O_O

Some houses are an eyesore!

I want nice houses in my town, so it doesn't look like a dump.

I really don't care. I like to think every villager is unique this way and I only keep the ones I like talking to the most or the ones that always give me presents for no reason :p

It's a good guide. That way you know what you're getting. ^_^

I just scanned through the list that Jon Snow posted and all the Normals have really cute houses.

Jocks and lazy's have the weirdest house combinations of roof and siding and fences.

Rilla should have a white door and then her house would look like Hello Kitty
Tutu is too cute to have cement/aluminum siding

-------
I love Stitches - I didn't always years ago but now I adore him - but his house never looks good with any of my town designs lol

there are TONS of villagers I like but hate their houses. I place huge emphasis on exteriors when landscaping so it's really a problem for me if their house doesn't match. I've actually come to love 'less popular' villagers because they moved in randomly but have awesome houses and end up being permanent :3 currently the only villager house I don't like in my main town is stinky, but I love him too much i just have to deal with that lego looking house in my bamboo garden :I

if i like a villager enough, their house interior won't matter that much to me. for example, i like chief a lot and he's one of my favourite villagers. but his house is terrible. it looks so grungy but it doesn't matter bc i like him for his design, not his house. his house in wild world was just as messy tbh.

i've realised some of the most "ugly" villagers (ugly in quotation marks, bc it's subjective) have the nicest houses. like beardo, or hippeux or graham even though i don't find graham that ugly just creepy tbh. what i'm trying to say though for me it's what's on the outside (meaning their design) and not the inside (meaning their house)

There are plenty of villagers whose houses I don't like the look of lol, the ones that look kind of broken are super weird to me. But I don't really mind right now because I'm not collecting dreamies or anything, just letting them move through as they wish because I want to experience having lots of different villagers in my town. I can see how if you were looking for faves to keep for as long as possible that would be super annoying though.

I've never had her, but I feel like Jambette's house would drive me crazy! Most houses are pretty nice though...

Well, i end up getting Tia. No regrets. She looks cool with Merengue.

I think fixing the area to make the house fit can make the things work.

Last edited:
Back