two town tips

mimituesday

king of tuesday
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
i'm just getting another town and i'm putting a lot of time into map resetting and things like that. there's some placement stuff i don't like about my original town that i hope to fix later, but for now i'm focusing on creating my second town.

it's going to be space themed town.

how do you handle two towns with four villagers each? how do you decide what happens in each town? any tips you'd want to pass along to someone doing two towns for the first time?

I have four towns (my main town, two themed towns that are complete but that I enjoy playing in from time to time, and a fourth that I am building up but haven't touched in a while). I also babysit my mom's town, which she has all but abandoned.

Lately, I've just been using two of my towns. Each day IRL, I set the clocks back to be within the same in-game day. Towns 3 and 4 are on hiatus (I saved and quit after someone asked to move out in each of them).

The way I've worked on my towns in the past is that I play the mayor character as normal: events, interacting with villagers, etc. The other 3 human characters in each town just earn bells (or receive bells from the mayor), build up their homes, and collect event items. I don't have them interact with the villagers. That saves a lot of time! I have the mayor order and customize furniture for them until they wake up Cyrus and unlock the sewing machine at the Able Sisters.'

As for deciding what happens in each town, I usually just do lengthy events (Halloween, Festivale, etc.) with my mayor in my main town. Tiny events (Groundhog Day, Shamrock Day, etc.) are done by all characters in each town, because there's no time commitment and you end up with a special item.

My main town is loosely themed, and I've played it over 3 years at my own pace. It's my "real" town, the one that feels like home. I've only recently started to get it ready for the Dream Suite. My completed towns are fully themed, and I built them as quickly as possible to complete them for the Dream Suite.

I don't know if any of this helps, but I hope so. :)

I have two towns. To be honest, I don't really know what to do with Diamond. I've been upgrading my house and buying landscaping supplies but I'm unsure what to do yet. It is hard to maintain more than one town, though.

Lol!
It takes me 4 hours to do what I have to do every morning in my town. Plus all the restarts when I accidently demolish a black cosmos or two. :D

The way I've worked on my towns in the past is that I play the mayor character as normal: events, interacting with villagers, etc. The other 3 human characters in each town just earn bells (or receive bells from the mayor), build up their homes, and collect event items. I don't have them interact with the villagers. That saves a lot of time! I have the mayor order and customize furniture for them until they wake up Cyrus and unlock the sewing machine at the Able Sisters.'

As for deciding what happens in each town, I usually just do lengthy events (Halloween, Festivale, etc.) with my mayor in my main town. Tiny events (Groundhog Day, Shamrock Day, etc.) are done by all characters in each town, because there's no time commitment and you end up with a special item.

thank you! this makes a lot of sense. i thought that having to bounce between all of the villagers would be tough, but from mayor that's not so bad.

I have multiple towns. Here are a few of my favorite tips:

1. Focus on the mayor. Choose a mayor face you'll really like because they're your main character.

2. Try to focus on building one town at a time. Then when they're "built" or "complete" they're easier to maintain

3. Use the other characters sparingly - it is way too hard with multiple towns to have multiple friendships. Keep building friendships with villagers and the mayor

4. Always write down the last date you've played in that town. In game date.

5. Always put the town "on hold" after denying a villager wanting to move out. Write down the date.

6. Try to have different villagers in each town - with nearly 400 villagers now there is so many to meet!

7. Different themes for each town lets you try different PWPs and bushes and paths and more! If one town is a busy town, the other can be Zen. If one has a lot of paths the other could have no paths.

8. Sometimes two towns can be stressful - especially when multiple villagers want to move out! Try not to stress. Keep calm.

Have fun with it!!

I love multiple towns. It adds a level of fun complexity in New Leaf. :)
If you have any other questions about multiple towns feel free to ask or pm me - I know I asked a few questions before I had 2 towns and I would have liked more feedback - I'm excited for you!

Try to have set themes and goals for each town. Dont get too overwhelmed, if you need to take a day off from one of the towns thats okay. Idk those are the best tips that helped me personally.

Back